User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LION4!5 View Post
    No, I'm depending on you being an anarchist. Don't fail me now!

But what was the debate about? The thread seems to have degenerated and been derailed.

I support gun control, but not because it's a just thing.
    Did you read it?
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    C'mon you have a paranoid view of your government, whereas by contrast, we have compulsory voting so our Parliament represents our interests.
    Is it a common trend for Americans to be paranoid about their government? I guess it would make sense that in a smaller country like Australia, the democracy would be better, especially if people vote!

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    See I think taxes are necessary for infrastructure and social services and such, but it would be better if the whole system was different and we didn't need them. Or maybe just tax businesses beyond a certain income bracket. That would provide a lot of revenue. And tax churches whose inflow of money exceeds outflow in charitable works.

Ultimately I think we should decentralize power and form voluntary associations to live cooperatively. Unfortunately that won't happen on a large scale for a long time, but we can at least for now form small communities which achieve some form of independence.
    I'm largely with you on that one. I just fear the opposite will happen . . .

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    Don't swallow the koolaid mister. A very well respected Native American woman (Cherokee) is the leading expert regarding Cherokee genealogical research & maintains an extensive database which absolutely proves Warren falsified records for her own personal gain. Warren ancestors listed themselves as White (European) & so did Warren until claiming to be Cherokee furthered her education & qualified her for a minority position at Harvard. Warren intentionally lied to further her career & didn't give a damn regarding the heritage of people that she disrespected along the way, she's shit & the worst kind of politician because she stole something more valuable than any amount of money.
    See, that offended me a lot as well because I actually am legitimately descended from Cherokees, but not the ones who have the papers to prove it. Warren is my least favorite politician for that reason. Anyone who would do that wouldn't stop at anything. She's after her career. What I wondered was that she portrays herself as so smart, and yet she can't get a position at Harvard without lying? What about all the other people at Harvard who didn't lie?

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Did you read it?
    All but the last three pages.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    Don't swallow the koolaid mister. A very well respected Native American woman (Cherokee) is the leading expert regarding Cherokee genealogical research & maintains an extensive database which absolutely proves Warren falsified records for her own personal gain. Warren ancestors listed themselves as White (European) & so did Warren until claiming to be Cherokee furthered her education & qualified her for a minority position at Harvard. Warren intentionally lied to further her career & didn't give a damn regarding the heritage of people that she disrespected along the way, she's shit & the worst kind of politician because she stole something more valuable than any amount of money.
    So what the hell was this: "Bit of Trivia from Coulter's book: Senator Warren's great great great grandfather was involved in "The Trail of Tears" as an enforcer."

Well, that seems unethical, but pretty stereotypically Machiavellian for a politician.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

All but the last three pages.
    Basically some people think this gubment shouldn't have a government or something. I don't know. It was weird.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm largely with you on that one. I just fear the opposite will happen . . .
    Oh I've no doubt those who are in power will do whatever they think will preserve that power. I'm hoping some sort of global economic collapse can just make the whole system null and void, because if no one has money no one needs money; but it might not work that way. Maybe if there is a global food shortage we'll be forced to work cooperatively to survive. I don't know. I can only dream.

I'm just going to focus on being happy and living as ethically as possible.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Oh I've no doubt those who are in power will do whatever they think will preserve that power. I'm hoping some sort of global economic collapse can just make the whole system null and void, because if no one has money no one needs money; but it might not work that way.
    I would like to see some sort of collapse within the U.S. government for sure. That could make room for a lot of good things to grow up that are smothered right now. But I just see the U.S. growing stronger, rather than the reverse.

It's always possible to emigrate, or move to abandoned parts of Nevada. Anyone done either of those things? I think it would be easier to deal with the government of another country because you don't expect to have rights if you are a foreigner. It's hard when it's your country, and you don't have any rights.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Basically some people think this gubment shouldn't have a government or something. I don't know. It was weird.
    I think that either this government should collapse, or it should become more consistently oppressive, or it should become truly democratic. Right now it is none of those things. It's not logically consistent!