User Tag List

First 2101112

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post

2) not every alpha male wants to be rich for the sake of status or social accolades. a true alpha male does not need social validation because he already knows he is the shit and is full of intrinsic confidence and self acceptance.
    True, but I do like monies. Though it is certainly not for social accolades.

This isn't really related to your comment but broke ass alphas are kind of pitiful.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post

just for fun, going by the chart, I'm probably Alpha Negative
    And soon the curtains lifted, the crowd was awfully wan, he said he was an alpha and then the jokes began.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

This has got to be the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen.

It's based on a bastardized understanding of a wolf pack's hierarchy with absolutely no scientific backup and generalizes/summarizes men based on one arbitrary quality. If feminists weren't so stuck up their own vaginas they'd be screaming from the rooftops at you about this.

Do I need to go into the logical flaws of combining personality with a stereotype and social concept, or do you understand how stupid of an idea all of that is?
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    If feminists weren't so stuck up their own vaginas they'd be screaming from the rooftops at you about this.
    I really hope being a feminist doesn't mean I have to feel personally outraged over any potentially offensive thing some idiot writes on the internet. I need time to eat and sleep at least!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    I really hope being a feminist doesn't mean I have to feel personally outraged over any potentially offensive thing some idiot writes on the internet. I need time to eat and sleep at least!
    It was a snarky comment on the the feminist beliefs of respecting all genders while also refusing to come to the defense of men when it comes to these sorts of stereotypes.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

It was a snarky comment on the the feminist beliefs of respecting all genders while also refusing to come to the defense of men when it comes to these sorts of stereotypes.
    I got what you were implying, I'm saying that even if this was a female social matrix chart, it'd be equally irrelevant. It was made for basement dwellers by basement dwellers... it's not affecting society in any significant way.

This has got to be the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen.

It's based on a bastardized understanding of a wolf pack's hierarchy with absolutely no scientific backup and generalizes/summarizes men based on one arbitrary quality. If feminists weren't so stuck up their own vaginas they'd be screaming from the rooftops at you about this.

Do I need to go into the logical flaws of combining personality with a stereotype and social concept, or do you understand how stupid of an idea all of that is?
    It's quite absurd, indeed. Unfortunately, it represents a pervasive attitude in society. Growing up, I was mostly ignorant about power dynamics in social interactions. I didn't place people into categories like strong or weak, confident or unconfident, etc... (afterall, low self-esteem/a need for validation manifests in various forms, and people cannot fully grasp another person's level of confidence, as though it were a static value capable of being measured objectively). Instead, I placed people into categories like nice or jerks. I was woefully disappointed when I learned that women, in general, value traits in men that are associated with being powerful over being compassionate or empathic. And men, in general, are constantly trying to establish some pecking order amongst themselves. It wasn't until I started learning about body language that I realized the degree to which people, especially men, consciously or unconsciously attempt to dominate others in nearly every social encounter. Whether it's more a result of biology or social conditioning, it is the yard stick society uses to measure a man's worth. And the cost of failing to assimilate into this hierarchy is frequently some form of ostracization.

The ironic thing about the so-called alpha male and his status is that it's reliant upon conforming to the norms of society and gender expectations. He isn't truly free; he's bound to the same code of conduct that is imposed upon men as a whole; and if he deviates too much from those expectations, he risks losing the rewards of his compliance, i.e., submission. Of course, we're taught to just be ourselves in order to develop a healthy self-esteem, but that directive only applies if our natural personalities correlate to society's expectations.

In short, the alpha male doesn't live by his own rules. He exists strictly within the regulations that his sexual desires, aspirations for success and social status dictate.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I agree, alpha males are the biggest tools in the human race

I'd be happy as a gamma something er other
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

There should be a female equivalent of this chart.

I think I'm a mix of beta+ and gamma+
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne