MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Well excuse my Te for not being precise enough
    Only if you excuse my Ne for enjoying the humour within this thread, and for wanting to make clear to those guys out there forcing themselves to adhere to this system that there really is more to them than just this - and that it can bear greater significance than the traits listed here

My comment wasn't meant to be a jab at your accuracy, Z. I was just amused.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Inorite?

If it is relatively true, it also has some frightening implications for politics (and business)...
    The sad part is that I think there is. Maybe not to the same extreme written in the article. But there is definitely an underlying competitiveness to female social interaction. Even if it's unwarranted. Less so with my closer girl friends, but definitely the case in my interactions with many of the females I work with. Though not always. Or perhaps I'm less inclined to participate. I tend to gravitate towards the females I feel there is less animosity and jealousy erupting between.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Also, I think it's worth noting that I'm likewise very much *not* attracted to the kind of average female who would actually get swept up by this kind of hierarchy...

I've noticed that much for years...

I prefer the off-the-run, atypical, diamonds in the rough...

The alphas can have the basic bitches: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PaghIdSJKvQ

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Also, I think it's worth noting that I http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PaghIdSJKvQ

didn't even get to the video. just saw its title and the MIKE'S HARD LEMONADE COMMERCIAL that was before it. too good. whew!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Ginkgo

When people shift from one social sphere to the next, the expectations placed upon them and the expectations they have of themselves tend to change.

Group dynamics demand that in a setting full of Gamma Negatives (for instance), one must eventually assume the position of an alpha. A hierarchy develops. Without the illusion of a social latter, the group ceases to function as the context would have it.

The usefulness of charts like this then deteriorates in terms of how well it serves to indicate fixed properties of a personality.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    When people shift from one social sphere to the next, the expectations placed upon them and the expectations they have of themselves tend to change.

Group dynamics demand that in a setting full of Gamma Negatives (for instance), one must eventually assume the position of an alpha. A hierarchy develops. Without the illusion of a social latter, the group ceases to function as the context would have it.

The usefulness of charts like this then deteriorates in terms of how well it serves to indicate fixed properties of a personality.
    Agreed that this stuff is fluid and context-driven.

At the same time, tho, when smaller groups come together, and the social arena becomes larger, "alphas" from one social subset will not simply be alphas in the larger social context. The whole subset could be deltas or omega, and their alpha(s) will still be deltas or omegas in the broader social scene.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Men tend to be much more comfortable with taking the initiative in contrast to women. So shy gay men are able to have it easier, providing they are smart enough to overcome the smaller ratio issue.
    I'm assuming there is statistical evidence to back this up, and from experience it makes sense so I'll agree with you here. I don't see why you would expect a gay man to not relate to this chart just because shy gay men might meet people more than a shy straight man. Just as one example, I could totally see a shy gay dude in the beta positive category.

From my own experience, despite my demeanor differing from a stereotypical straight man in this category, I relate to alpha negative. Even though I don't consider this chart useful or really worth taking really seriously, I don't think it's exclusive to straight men. I think this is broad enough to include all men.

Unlike us, you are usually dealing with a person that is much more likely to think like you when it comes to expectations in a relationship.
    How is it that men and women differ when it comes to expectations in a relationship?

Unlike women, men don't lose much value in the dating market when they fuck around (don't shoot the messenger), which makes them more open to the prospect. That's true for homosexuals and heterosexuals alike. The result is higher availability and more flexible standards.
    Yes, that is the ugly truth about sleeping around when it comes to men vs women (which I hope changes over time). I don't see why gay men wouldn't relate to the chart because of this.

Males are also much less likely to regard you as creepy when you make a compliment. Creepy is a word reserved for straight men who didn't succeed.
    This I think is totally wrong. Plenty of guys have pursued me who I ultimately judged being "creepy." It mostly is assigned to guys who keep trying to get somewhere without getting the message that I'm not interested. And none of my female friends have ever really called a guy they weren't interested in creepy just for complimenting them. Actually, I do have one "friend" like this but really all my friends think it's bullshit and she's incredibly paranoid. Maybe this varies across culture/generations.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Ginkgo

Agreed that this stuff is fluid and context-driven.

At the same time, tho, when smaller groups come together, and the social arena becomes larger, "alphas" from one social subset will not simply be alphas in the larger social context. The whole subset could be deltas or omega, and their alpha(s) will still be deltas or omegas in the broader social scene.
    Yes the fluidity works both ways. But if two groups remain isolated, and the rankings are governed by status, then there must be two alphas. That would come across as disparaging to anyone who buys into this as a theory that should reflect a global pecking order. Anyone who does must also believe that there is a universal capital to be acquired, be it status, monetary, or some other source of power. They must also believe that some people are deprived of it.

In truth, I think that the Delta holds an equal amount of power to the Alpha. According to this theory, both groups have little to fuss about and care little about approval from others. They both happen to exist in a state of bliss and personal control. And from a wider, group oriented context, neither can function without the other. So if this theory has any soundness, then perhaps Betas and Gammas have the shittier end of the stick, being as strung out as they seem.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Yes the fluidity works both ways. But if two groups remain isolated, and the rankings are governed by status, then there must be two alphas. That would come across as disparaging to anyone who buys into this as a theory that should reflect a global pecking order. Anyone who does must also believe that there is a universal capital to be acquired, be it status, monetary, or some other source of power. They must also believe that some people are deprived of it.

In truth, I think that the Omega holds an equal amount of power to the Alpha. According to this theory, both groups have little to fuss about and care little about approval from others. They both happen to exist in a state of bliss and personal control. And from a wider, group oriented context, neither can function without the other. So if this theory has any soundness, then perhaps Betas and Gammas have the shittier end of the stick, being as strung out as they seem.
    Fixed

You guys do realize you're promoting the "Gamma+" to Alpha+ status here, right?