First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    I understand that the line has to be drawn somewhere. But why is consensual sex considered impossible? Is it to make things convenient from a legal point of view?
    Yeah, I would imagine so. That way everyone can know the rules and know what is and is not okay. Girls, especially, can be physically developed early, but still have the brain development of an eleven year old if they are eleven years old.

In my state, the age of consent is 16, but they make allowances for people who are within four years of age [edit:] of each other, which is reasonable. Someone over 21 getting with a 14 year old could get in trouble, though, and I think that's fair. When My husband was a high school sophomore, several of the girls in his class were pregnant by grown-ass men. They went after the younger girls because women their age knew they were losers and wouldn't have them.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Yeah, I would imagine so. That way everyone can know the rules and know what is and is not okay. Girls, especially, can be physically developed early, but still have the brain development of an eleven year old if they are eleven years old.

In my state, the age of consent is 16, but they make allowances for people who are within four years of age [edit:] of each other, which is reasonable. Someone over 21 getting with a 14 year old could get in trouble, though, and I think that's fair. When My husband was a high school sophomore, several of the girls in his class were pregnant by grown-ass men. They went after the younger girls because women their age knew they were losers and wouldn't have them.
    That 4 year thing sounds like a perfectly sensible approach. It makes for a good amount of leeway, yet draws the line at a reasonable limit.

Do they also have this allowance in states where age of consent is 17 or 18? Because I think that's absurdly old. And what happens if two underaged kids consent? They can't be breaking any law, can they?

I personally think 13-15 is a good age of consent. It's around there you start becoming aware of your sexuality, and I think it's healthy to start exploring it pretty early.

Socionics
    ILI Ni

I always wondered about this too, even though with Manson and not Bowie cuz I thought Bowie was gay(isnt he?). Marilyn Manson fans are often(though not always) teenagers and the idea of him carding a groupie seems unlike him.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I always wondered about this too, even though with Manson and not Bowie cuz I thought Bowie was gay(isnt he?). Marilyn Manson fans are often(though not always) teenagers and the idea of him carding a groupie seems unlike him.
    Who knows. He seems like an ok guy, but he is a Satanist, so he may have some alternative ethics.

As for Bowie, he has been married to a woman for many years and according to what he has said his sexuality can be best categorized as somewhat bisexual. He once said he was gay I think, but that was something like a lie; he later said he was bisexual, but he admitted that was an exaggeration. Technically he would be if he has any sexual interest in his own gender, but since it's on a continuum it is more toward the side of straight than in the middle. He is rumored to have been quite a womanizer. But you know, rumors can say a lot of things; I am inclined to agree with the people saying it's best to check these things out. Still, it sort of bothers me that there isn't more investigation into statutory rape by musicians. Just on principle. I think if girls are groupies and end up having sex with band members it would be kind of hard to do that by accident. But maybe I'm wrong on that.

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Who knows. He seems like an ok guy, but he is a Satanist, so he may have some alternative ethics.

As for Bowie, he has been married to a woman for many years and according to what he has said his sexuality can be best categorized as somewhat bisexual. He once said he was gay I think, but that was something like a lie; he later said he was bisexual, but he admitted that was an exaggeration. Technically he would be if he has any sexual interest in his own gender, but since it's on a continuum it is more toward the side of straight than in the middle. He is rumored to have been quite a womanizer. But you know, rumors can say a lot of things; I am inclined to agree with the people saying it's best to check these things out. Still, it sort of bothers me that there isn't more investigation into statutory rape by musicians. Just on principle. I think if girls are groupies and end up having sex with band members it would be kind of hard to do that by accident. But maybe I'm wrong on that.
    Satanists believe in following all civil laws.

I knew he was married, and has children with Iman, I just thought he was mostly gay, with little interest in womanizing. Im not sure why I thought he was gay; sure he is androgynous but alot of rock stars were back then. But yeah bisexual seems more accurate for Bowie.

Bowie is a self-described "closet heterosexual". He toyed with an androgynous persona and (perhaps falsely) admitted to being bisexual to stir things up and cement the sexually ambivalent image he had created. The only 'evidence' of his bisexuality are dubious rumours and the slander from an angered ex-wife, who claimed he slept with Mick Jagger. If he is bisexual, he has a strong preference for women, since he's famous for banging half the female population and has a lot of close friends testifying to his womanizing.