User Tag List

Thread: "The Truth About GOP Hero Ayn Rand" [ARTICLE]

5w4 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Default "The Truth About GOP Hero Ayn Rand" [ARTICLE]

Just so you know it from a Rand authority, there is utterly no truth to this article after page 1. And even the idea that Ayn Rand is a GOP hero is a falsehood. There are some on the right who like/love/worship Rand, and there are some on the right who dislike/hate/revile Rand. The idea that Rand is a "gateway drug" to the GOP is preposterous.
    "I absorb energy like a sponge everywhere I go. It allows me to see the world and my purpose in it." Zak Bagans, Ghost Adventures (INFJ)

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar

If Rand is the gateway drug to the GOP right, does this also mean that Marx and Engels are the gateway drug to the American left? What a lousy article. Instead of addressing Rand's philosophy (which is just commonsense libertarianism), the author merely engages in the usual ad-hominem attacks. The author clearly sees value in lefty programs like Medicare and Medicaid, but she offers no reason as to why she supports them.

If you're going to attack Rand, you'd have to defend statism and I've seen no logical defense of statist policies. This is just another example of circle jerking.
    "Stop eating cupcakes! Stop Eating Cupcakes!! STOP EATING CUPCAKES!!"