User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Are any other men on this site afraid of kids?

This might sound silly, but I am absolutely petrified of children. For instance, the other day, I was taking a walk around a suburban neighborhood, and a child approached me with no adults around. The kid was just friendly and wanting to say, "Hi", but I didn't even wave back and just kept walking. Inside, I really wanted to be friendly and say, "Hi little guy. What's your name?". However, I was terrified to do this, because now-a-days everyone is so paranoid about sex offenders that I didn't want people to get the wrong idea about me. It seems like in the current time, in which we live, people will automatically assume that you are a predator, if you do so much as even talk to a child without an adult around. Also, if you are convicted of being a child predator, then you will become a sex offender. Oh and if you are labeled a sex offender, then you can never get a good job again, if any job PERIOD and you will be labeled socially as a monster. This terrifies me, so as a result, I generally have nothing to do with kids unless the parents are around. Are any other men here afraid of children?
    @Elfboy

You might enjoy this thread.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

wow that sucks.

you just have to know your boundaries and not do anything creepy.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Usually when i see a little tyke like that I tell the kid i am the eater of children and they run away crying. problem solved.

I only talk to children when I'm in a family party of some sort

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I am not scared of kids, but they make me uneasy sometimes. I don't really want to interact with them closely because, well, I just don't know what to do with them.

That said, give me a big group of them and I turn into the pied piper.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    That said, give me a big group of them and I turn into the pied piper.
    Good choice of words:

The Pied Piper of Hamelin (German: Rattenfänger von Hameln, the Rat-Catcher of Hamelin) is the subject of a legend concerning the departure or death of a great number of children from the town of Hamelin (Hameln), Lower Saxony, Germany, in the Middle Ages. The earliest references describe a piper, dressed in multicolored clothing, leading the children away from the town never to return. In the 16th century the story was expanded into a full narrative, in which the piper is a rat-catcher hired by the town to lure rats away with his magic pipe. When the citizenry refuses to pay for this service, he retaliates by turning his power that he put in his instrument on their children, leading them away as he had the rats. [...]

The story may reflect a historical event in which Hamelin lost its children. Theories have been proposed suggesting that the Pied Piper is a symbol of the children's death by plague or catastrophe. Other theories liken him to figures like Nicholas of Cologne, who is said to have lured away a great number of children on a disastrous Children's Crusade.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Usually when i see a little tyke like that I tell the kid i am the eater of children and they run away crying. problem solved.
    Don't all the flashing police car lights and guys digging up your backyard keep you up at night?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Nah, I love kids. If children in my neighbourhood says hi and starts asking me questions I always respond and joke with them.

Maybe there are some hypervigilant parents out there, but I don't really care. I'm not gonna get in trouble if someone has a paranoid freakout because I talked to their child.
    What the fuck would there be to report? "His mouth said 'Hi', but his eyes said 'I want to defile your pristine little asshole'"? We're not that Orwellian of a society yet to be convicted for suspicion of thoughtcrime.

If I were suspected of being a predator because I spoke to a child, I'd worry more for the child than for myself, tbh. That kid is probably so sheltered it will breastfeed up until its' twenties.

Have you heard of anyone actually getting convicted for doing this, or are you letting your fear get the best of you?

Permabanned

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

OP seems to think about sex a lot in any context.
    In this case, I think it's putting up a social block for you.
    You're thinking too hard.

Just say "hi," smile, and keep walking.
    If their parents are around, smile at them too and keep walking.
    Don't overthink it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft