User Tag List

First 345

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    At the very least, I don't know any adult male who would be afraid of kids because he may be perceived as a child molester.
    Around here, it is better to be safe than have a wrongful lawsuit place upon you. There ARE people willing to place lawsuits against you even though the action done wasn't anything harmful.

For ladies, it is easier to handle children because people are less afraid of ladies in those roles, at least generally.

It seems messed up, but that is the public perception when it comes to America, sadly. So when an adult male says he likes kids, it's........ borderline pedophile sounding while for ladies, it's cute or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Around here, it is better to be safe than have a wrongful lawsuit place upon you. There ARE people willing to place lawsuits against you even though the action done wasn't anything harmful.

For ladies, it is easier to handle children because people are less afraid of ladies in those roles, at least generally.

It seems messed up, but that is the public perception when it comes to America, sadly. So when an adult male says he likes kids, it's........ borderline pedophile sounding while for ladies, it's cute or something.

Socionics
    ILI Ni

I kinda relate to the OP. Sorta. I think people are more likely to think a sex offender is a man for some reason. People aerent likely to get suspicious abour women being sex offenders because theyre rarely portayed as such by the media. With time, this will most likely to prove but a passing fad. But yeah, I think you might be sorta trippin yourself out though, as if you dont do anything wrong you should be ok.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I assiduously avoid children for that very reason. Thanks, OP!

WALMART

I know there is nothing to fear regarding my sexuality, no psychosomatic lingerings, and as such, I am free of these concerns.

Kids are wonderful, and they need good people in their lives, even if only in passing.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Why do you think you could so easily pass as a sex offender?
    When you see a child, what do you think, what are your your thoughts? Why are you so afraid of them?

Most of the time, I see a reflection of the child I once was, of the playful inner child I still am. And thus, I can connect.

But you, what do you see?

=====

But maybe you've also seen a film like "The Hunt" (2012, Thomas Vinterberg)? -Excellent movie, by the way-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunt_(2012_film)

My mother, father, and cousin are all ex cons. I am terrified of becoming a con myself because I've seen how it ruins your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    That did not sound weird at all.
    In the wrong context it could.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    A type 6 being afraid of something isn't exactly newsworthy. My take on the issue of children is more rational than that.

There is a fine line between respect and disrespect. Most children will automatically respect you, out of fear of adults or some other reason. So the respect or fear already exists on the other side of the fence, only you may not see it immediately. But the fine line is very easily shattered, especially these days when children are aware of how much of a legal hold they have over adults. In other words, they can do things to you that you can't do to them, and they are very aware of this.

So my method of dealing with children is to be an adult who requires their respect, and I communicate this tacitly via a certain attitude. And my attitude is either one of indifference to their presence or a subtle kind of "don't fuck with me."

This is something I had to learn. When you're entering adulthood your relationship with the whole childhood thing has to change. At first (late teens) I thought I could still be friends with children, but I eventually realized my mistake.

As for my take on whether or not to say "hi" to children on the street, given your example I would simply say "hi" back or maybe a quick "Hi, how are you?" and keep walking. I might also smile and nod. In other words, I'm not going to be an ass and ignore the child, but I'm also not going to pretend to be their buddy. Nor am I going to be the one to initially say "hi."
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not afraid to talk to kids when adults are around, just when they are alone: that's when people get wierded out.

Quote Originally Posted by solipsists View Post
    This thread title makes me laugh.

I'm not afraid of children, but I don't think I'm especially good with them. I think I'd make a good youth counselor; I take kids' opinions seriously when others won't and generally treat them like human beings. Not particularly good at being silly and playing, though.
    The title was meant to be an attention grabber.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't like kids, and bar relatives, I avoid them as best I can.