Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Sexual Manipulation Culture

frankly, I find a number of fallacies in most proponents against so-called "Rape Culture" including
    - using improper definitions of what they are fighting against
    - black/white fallacy (ie: you either agree with everything we say or you are a supporter of rape culture. it verges on intellectualized borderline personality disorder)
    - reliance on shaming and emotional appeals rather than logic
    - slippery slope
    - completely ignoring any sense of degree or proportion (ex: they consider there to be no meaningful difference between violently fucking someone against his/her will and having sex with a drunk person)

in response, I have coined the term "Sexual Manipulation Culture" and propose the following definition
    Sexual Manipulation Culture: societal reinforcement or dismissal of any of various forms of sexual manipulation including, but not limited to
    1) rape
    2) molestation
    3) deliberately intoxicating someone with the intent of gaining consent which would have otherwise not been given
    4) gold digging
    5) withholding of sex as a means of blackmailing/controlling of one's partner
    6) the expectation that paying for dinner means that one is entitled to sex
    7) pedophilia
    8) coercing sex via blackmail

the presence of Sexual Manipulation Culture does not necessitate that all forms listed be present. for example: in the United States, I don't believe points 1 or 2 to be culturally reinforced; I do however believe that points 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8 are very much reinforced or ignored completely.

imo,the advantages of this system include accounting for a greater range of
    - behavior
    - degree
    and
    - victims

PS: the mere presence of one of the points mentioned does not mean Sexual Manipulation Culture is present. it means that society takes a reinforcing a neutral stance toward said issue.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    frankly, I find a number of fallacies in most proponents against so-called "Rape Culture" including
    - using improper definitions of what they are fighting against
    - black/white fallacy (ie: you either agree with everything we say or you are a supporter of rape culture. it verges on intellectualized borderline personality disorder)
    - reliance on shaming and emotional appeals rather than logic
    - slippery slope
    - completely ignoring any sense of degree or proportion (ex: they consider there to be no meaningful difference between violently fucking someone against his/her will and having sex with a drunk person)

in response, I have coined the term "Sexual Manipulation Culture" and propose the following definition
    Sexual Manipulation Culture: societal reinforcement or dismissal of any of various forms of sexual manipulation including, but not limited to
    1) rape
    2) molestation
    3) deliberately intoxicating someone with the intent of gaining consent which would have otherwise not been given
    4) gold digging
    5) withholding of sex as a means of blackmailing/controlling of one's partner
    6) the expectation that paying for dinner means that one is entitled to sex
    7) pedophilia
    8) coercing sex via blackmail

the presence of Sexual Manipulation Culture does not necessitate that all forms listed be present. for example: in the United States, I don't believe points 1 or 2 to be culturally reinforced; I do however believe that points 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8 are very much reinforced or ignored completely.

imo,the advantages of this system include accounting for a greater range of
    - behavior
    - degree
    and
    - victims

PS: the mere presence of one of the points mentioned does not mean Sexual Manipulation Culture is present. it means that society takes a reinforcing a neutral stance toward said issue.
    Isn't all this about abuse basically?

Abuse is the improper usage or treatment of an entity, often to unfairly or improperly gain benefit.[1] Abuse can come in many forms, such as: physical or verbal maltreatment, injury, assault, violation, rape, unjust practices; crimes, or other types of aggression.

FigerPuppet

You need to coin a better term, because rape, molestation and paedophilia do not qualify as types of manipulation.

MBTI
    yupp

3,4,5,6,8 could be considered manipulation. Others nah
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned

i know who you is...

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    You need to coin a better term, because rape, molestation and paedophilia do not qualify as types of manipulation.
    Word.

Also, if you ever start to think that intentionally precluding a person's ability to say "no" is for all intents and purposes the same as trying to take that choice away from them, please condense points (1) and (3) into one category, BECAUSE THEY'RE BOTH DEFINITELY RAPE THX.

(6) and (7) and (8) are also, BY THE WAY, not even REMOTELY comparable to freaking GOLD-DIGGING and WITHHOLDING SEX.

You know what? Were I a mod still, this thread would be deleted, because this is just trolling.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I only agree to an extent with the alcohol thing.. lying about the amount or slipping more than they're desiring, using social pressure, claiming to just be friends until they're drunk, that's all shady shit. But there is a culture present.. and birth parties participate in this culture freely.

But almost no woman I've met that has slept with a guy drunk has reported being forced to drink to the point of intoxication, or that the guys did not allow them to say no. Usually I hear that they just didn't realize how much they were drinking, and most knew the guys they were drinking with were attracted to them. Same with the men. It's a gray area here, despite the fact rape and resistance are not gray. But I feel it worth pointing out.

It happens sure, but for the most part club culture has a way of things all its own. Simple Regret is not the same as rape. Many tactics, and I hate that appropriate word here, are shady and dirty, but it does have a prerequisite of consent. But the most common scenario I see: a woman realizes she volunteered to go home with a guy she was drinking with, had sex, and woke up sober and was all frowny faced about it. Dude maybe kept buying her drinks, but it wasn't like he was keeping himself sober or planning out a deliberate scenario despite reading into body language. I don't consider that shady, and certainly not rape.

Someone continuing to have sex after saying no and resisting is rape, alcohol or no. If she says she has no intentions of sleeping with you, and you don't take that seriously, and she feels betrayed by you after, you're on your own buddy.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge