frankly, I find a number of fallacies in most proponents against so-called "Rape Culture" including
- using improper definitions of what they are fighting against
- black/white fallacy (ie: you either agree with everything we say or you are a supporter of rape culture. it verges on intellectualized borderline personality disorder)
- reliance on shaming and emotional appeals rather than logic
- slippery slope
- completely ignoring any sense of degree or proportion (ex: they consider there to be no meaningful difference between violently fucking someone against his/her will and having sex with a drunk person)
in response, I have coined the term "Sexual Manipulation Culture" and propose the following definition
Sexual Manipulation Culture: societal reinforcement or dismissal of any of various forms of sexual manipulation including, but not limited to
3) deliberately intoxicating someone with the intent of gaining consent which would have otherwise not been given
4) gold digging
5) withholding of sex as a means of blackmailing/controlling of one's partner
6) the expectation that paying for dinner means that one is entitled to sex
8) coercing sex via blackmail
the presence of Sexual Manipulation Culture does not necessitate that all forms listed be present. for example: in the United States, I don't believe points 1 or 2 to be culturally reinforced; I do however believe that points 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8 are very much reinforced or ignored completely.
imo,the advantages of this system include accounting for a greater range of
PS: the mere presence of one of the points mentioned does not mean Sexual Manipulation Culture is present. it means that society takes a reinforcing a neutral stance toward said issue.