User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    yupp

I've had other females threaten me, none followed through. And I've never had a male threaten me, so I can't really relay from personal experience. But it seems to me the problem is women are often smaller than men. And so basically women are viewed as weaker, even though I can carry a twin size matress from the bedroom to the curb. And I can lift heavy things (I don't do it often) and I don't work out. and I know I can hold my own, that being said I don't want to be abused. And I don't want to abuse someone I'm dating, though I know for a fact I am very capable of emotional abuse,I'm too much like my dad (who has emotionally and verbally abused my mom) to pretend that I'm not.

Just like women always get the child (no matter how much of psycho bitch she is, and even if the man would be a better fit) this needs to be changed, not view it in a he/she terms but a people terms. If the women is abusing the male and children, than she's the one who should lose custody. But women are suppose to be maternal---fuck that. I know guys who are way more maternal than I'll ever be. And so basically there's too much of a gender divide. Men are suppose to be able to do this, women are suppose to be able to do that. women can't harm a man as much as a man can harm a woman. Well I think with a gun they both can do equal harm. and stabbing hurts no matter who's doing it
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Didn't watch the video, I'm sure it's awful though. It's not that men don't get beaten, I think it's just because no one cares because it's not so pervasive, and doesn't tend to end in such gruesome ways as man on woman violence. However, I have experienced this double standards firsthand.

My first girlfriend was extremely abusive (physically/sexually/emotionally). I remember I made some joke about a zebra "earnin' his stripes" to my girlfriend (at the time). She punched me in the eye, in front of a bus full of people. No one said anything, but when I was getting off, a lady told me "that's what I get for two-timing a lady". I felt awful when I realized most of the people on the bus (people in my community who I saw everyday), were just going to assume that I "did" something to deserve it. My gf apologized later, citing that it was early in the morning and she on her period as her excuses. She didn't do a lot of damage, but I had a bruise. My parents basically laughed in my face when I told them she hit me.

Towards the end, she smacked me and I grabbed her by the wrists (while she continued to try to hit me), looked right in her face and said "you don't hit people, especially not me". She backed off, because she could probably tell I was just about ready to put her head through the window, but then later she ran crying to a mutual friend and said I had intimidated her. "My friend was all pissed at me, and I tried to explain what happened, and they said: you don't get it. When men act aggressive it's just different, it scares girls." As if I didn't understand fear, no! I wasn't staying out of fear, I was staying because I liked the way her stomach oozed over her lap.

Eventually I grew a pair, and dumped her like the heap of human excrement that she was.

Lol, good for you bud. I as well, dated a girl that liked to fight and hit, she was 5'10" 135, mostly muscle. I know my jiu jitsu very well, so I always just submitted her without hurting her. And yes, she was the craziest woman I have ever dated, but hey, I'm an experience junkie.

To be honest I cannot BELIEVE that 163(?) people walked by without saying anything???

I was taking a leisurely stroll around my neighborhood one lovely day, and noticed this pissed off looking guy walking around and a woman in a blazer creeping her car next to him trying to talk to him and yell at him and he kept walking and kinda yelling "Leave me alone!" and then she'd drive off, and drive back, and repeat.

Well she got close enough to me and you better know I fucking said something. I waved her over and said basically "Hey, I don't think he really wants to talk to you lady. Why don't you stop creeping up and down this neighborhood and go home." She kind of looked at me blankly, then drove home, I guess, I didn't see her. But even if she'd said "It's nuunya stinkin' business" I woulda said, "Hey, in your home, you're right, but not in a public neighborhood road. " Leave that shit at home.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I found this more interesting. This is probably a thread hijack, sorry. It's the opposite. Ignore if ya want.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Yes, there is a double standard when it comes to male on female violence vs female on male violence.

I don't see it as a particularly significant problem, though. As far as I know, not only is male of female violence a much bigger problem, but male on male violence is a much bigger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    This is about people abusing power and lashing out at people and it being condoned and considered part of the culture. It's the same agenda that feminism is addressing - there is no need to see it as conflicting issues as they stem from the same root and are fighting that same dragon.
    Yeah, pretty much. It is very difficult to talk about these problems without it turning into a battle of the sexes.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Unfortunately, I was once once assaulted and threatened by a woman with a knife. What am I supposed to do, then? Pretend it never happened?

Basically, I fear the issue here is Quantity over Quality. In Western societies, women tend to abuse Men comparatively way more times, while when men abuse women, more damage tend to occur. And when I mean more damage, I mean murders.

Where will these trends lead us? Self destruction?

On the other hand... well, we all know why Rasofy is posting this and it makes me feel quite uncomfortable. He is posting threads after threads after threads trying to convince us that Feminism is a backward attitude, and that the Patriarchy doesn't really exist. What am I supposed to reply if he seems to have a grudge against Feminists?
    Maybe I should offer him a trip into Saudi Arabia?
    You are correct that the issue quantity over quality. Your friends at Harvard published a study on this a few years ago.

http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi...PH.2005.079020
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Yes, there is a double standard when it comes to male on female violence vs female on male violence.

I don't see it as a particularly significant problem, though. As far as I know, not only is male of female violence a much bigger problem, but male on male violence is a much bigger problem.
    Female violence is a serious problem, especially when you take into account that females are more often caregivers of children. Abused children are far more likely to be violent than children who are not abused. If you want to get the most bang for your buck when it comes to violence, stop child abuse.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Didn't watch the video, I'm sure it's awful though. It's not that men don't get beaten, I think it's just because no one cares because it's not so pervasive, and doesn't tend to end in such gruesome ways as man on woman violence. However, I have experienced this double standards firsthand.

My first girlfriend was extremely abusive (physically/sexually/emotionally). I remember I made some joke about a zebra "earnin' his stripes" to my girlfriend (at the time). She punched me in the eye, in front of a bus full of people. No one said anything, but when I was getting off, a lady told me "that's what I get for two-timing a lady". I felt awful when I realized most of the people on the bus (people in my community who I saw everyday), were just going to assume that I "did" something to deserve it. My gf apologized later, citing that it was early in the morning and she on her period as her excuses. She didn't do a lot of damage, but I had a bruise. My parents basically laughed in my face when I told them she hit me.

Towards the end, she smacked me and I grabbed her by the wrists (while she continued to try to hit me), looked right in her face and said "you don't hit people, especially not me". She backed off, because she could probably tell I was just about ready to put her head through the window, but then later she ran crying to a mutual friend and said I had intimidated her. "My friend was all pissed at me, and I tried to explain what happened, and they said: you don't get it. When men act aggressive it's just different, it scares girls." As if I didn't understand fear, no! I wasn't staying out of fear, I was staying because I liked the way her stomach oozed over her lap.

Eventually I grew a pair, and dumped her like the heap of human excrement that she was.

That's a pretty horrible situation. I've never been in a situation like that, but I have been unfairly accused of abuse. When I was 19, my girlfriend at the time broke up with me at a New Year's Eve party. We "broke up" outside the building where the party was held and when we went back inside, she thought it would be awesome to tell everyone that I had hit her. She did it because she wanted people to feel sorry for her. Luckily, many of the people there were friends who knew me pretty well and they knew she was full of shit. What's sad is if greenfairy was there, she would have taken the girl's word at face value because of Rape Culture. Clearly if someone accused me of hitting them, they are only a step away from being a rapist. If my life was destroyed over a false accusation, that's a small price to pay.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Does anyone here watch Snapped! Women Who Kill?

My ex turned me onto this. There's like 20 seasons. It's insane. And addicting. C'mon, just watch one little episode. You'l be able to quit.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I hate that shit. Hate it. Women who do that should go to jail. It's like beating someone who is tied up.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I hate that shit. Hate it. Women who do that should go to jail. It's like beating someone who is tied up.
    But shouldn't a man like, grow a pair, and be like, "stop that" ?