User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 103

  1. #21
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Didn't watch the video, I'm sure it's awful though. It's not that men don't get beaten, I think it's just because no one cares because it's not so pervasive, and doesn't tend to end in such gruesome ways as man on woman violence. However, I have experienced this double standards firsthand.

    My first girlfriend was extremely abusive (physically/sexually/emotionally). I remember I made some joke about a zebra "earnin' his stripes" to my girlfriend (at the time). She punched me in the eye, in front of a bus full of people. No one said anything, but when I was getting off, a lady told me "that's what I get for two-timing a lady". I felt awful when I realized most of the people on the bus (people in my community who I saw everyday), were just going to assume that I "did" something to deserve it. My gf apologized later, citing that it was early in the morning and she on her period as her excuses. She didn't do a lot of damage, but I had a bruise. My parents basically laughed in my face when I told them she hit me.

    Towards the end, she smacked me and I grabbed her by the wrists (while she continued to try to hit me), looked right in her face and said "you don't hit people, especially not me". She backed off, because she could probably tell I was just about ready to put her head through the window, but then later she ran crying to a mutual friend and said I had intimidated her. "My friend was all pissed at me, and I tried to explain what happened, and they said: you don't get it. When men act aggressive it's just different, it scares girls." As if I didn't understand fear, no! I wasn't staying out of fear, I was staying because I liked the way her stomach oozed over her lap.

    Eventually I grew a pair, and dumped her like the heap of human excrement that she was.


  2. #22
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    ENTJ. Lol.
    Enneagram type?

    Instinctual stacking?

  3. #23
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Didn't watch the video, I'm sure it's awful though. It's not that men don't get beaten, I think it's just because no one cares because it's not so pervasive, and doesn't tend to end in such gruesome ways as man on woman violence. However, I have experienced this double standards firsthand.

    My first girlfriend was extremely abusive (physically/sexually/emotionally). I remember I made some joke about a zebra "earnin' his stripes" to my girlfriend (at the time). She punched me in the eye, in front of a bus full of people. No one said anything, but when I was getting off, a lady told me "that's what I get for two-timing a lady". I felt awful when I realized most of the people on the bus (people in my community who I saw everyday), were just going to assume that I "did" something to deserve it. My gf apologized later, citing that it was early in the morning and she on her period as her excuses. She didn't do a lot of damage, but I had a bruise. My parents basically laughed in my face when I told them she hit me.

    Towards the end, she smacked me and I grabbed her by the wrists (while she continued to try to hit me), looked right in her face and said "you don't hit people, especially not me". She backed off, because she could probably tell I was just about ready to put her head through the window, but then later she ran crying to a mutual friend and said I had intimidated her. "My friend was all pissed at me, and I tried to explain what happened, and they said: you don't get it. When men act aggressive it's just different, it scares girls." As if I didn't understand fear, no! I wasn't staying out of fear, I was staying because I liked the way her stomach oozed over her lap.

    Eventually I grew a pair, and dumped her like the heap of human excrement that she was.

    Women may be weaker, but it's not as if a woman can't stab a man.

    And if she's crazy and enraged enough to be hitting him, how much more does it take to grab some scissors or a pencil or a knife.

    I was once being hit in the face repeatedly by my girlfriend during a fight, and I remember this huge fear that if I even touched her one bit, even in defense (and maybe even if I didn't, as, who knows, if the cops were to be called, she might just lie about it, or they might just take me away anyway), I would be spending the night (and possibly more) in jail, facing domestic violence charges, and have this incident show up permanently on my record, any time I apply for a job, or anywhere else that does a background check (and that she would have absolutely nothing happen to her).

    That is why I think this is actually a genuine and fucked-up problem.

    And one that really gets little to no attention paid to it at all.

  4. #24
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Enneagram type?

    Instinctual stacking?
    Any answer could easily sound passive-aggressive. I could rep though.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Women may be weaker, but it's not as if a woman can't stab a man.

    And if she's crazy and enraged enough to be hitting him, how much more does it take to grab some scissors or a pencil or a knife.

    I was once being hit in the face repeatedly by my girlfriend during a fight, and I remember this huge fear that if I even touched her one bit, even in defense (and maybe even if I didn't, as, who knows, if the cops were to be called, she might just lie about it, or they might just take me away anyway), I would be spending the night (and possibly more) in jail, facing domestic violence charges, and have this incident show up permanently on my record, any time I apply for a job, or anywhere else that does a background check (and she would have absolutely nothing happen to her).

    That is why I think this is actually a genuine and fucked-up problem.

    And one that really gets little to no attention paid to it at all.

    @skylights
    Exactly, I just never knew how to defend myself. They keep hitting you, and BOY! Do you ever want to at least take steps to physically stop them. Sometimes she would bait me, play head games, smack me again, literally daring me to hit her. I'm not an aggressive person, but sheesh. It was messed up. What do you do? You know how it will look to a judge and just about everyone else in the world.

  6. #26
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Exactly, I just never knew how to defend myself. They keep hitting you, and BOY! Do you ever want to at least take steps to physically stop them. Sometimes she would bait me, play head games, smack me again, literally daring me to hit her. I'm not an aggressive person, but sheesh. It was messed up. What do you do? You know how it will look to a judge and just about everyone else in the world.
    Oh, yeah, the daring.

    I remember that happening, too.

    It's like, they're so fucking brazen, so entitled, know that they're so protected by society and the law, and that everyone will be on their side, no matter what, that they fucking start FLAUNTING IT. It's fucking disgusting. Is there any way you could be more disrespectful to the women who actually face legitimate domestic violence from abusive husbands?

  7. #27
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Haahahahahaha, holy shit, this was so funny I crapped my pants.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

  8. #28
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Posting for relevance:


  9. #29
    Senior Member AzulEyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Didn't watch the video, I'm sure it's awful though. It's not that men don't get beaten, I think it's just because no one cares because it's not so pervasive, and doesn't tend to end in such gruesome ways as man on woman violence. However, I have experienced this double standards firsthand.

    My first girlfriend was extremely abusive (physically/sexually/emotionally). I remember I made some joke about a zebra "earnin' his stripes" to my girlfriend (at the time). She punched me in the eye, in front of a bus full of people. No one said anything, but when I was getting off, a lady told me "that's what I get for two-timing a lady". I felt awful when I realized most of the people on the bus (people in my community who I saw everyday), were just going to assume that I "did" something to deserve it. My gf apologized later, citing that it was early in the morning and she on her period as her excuses. She didn't do a lot of damage, but I had a bruise. My parents basically laughed in my face when I told them she hit me.

    Towards the end, she smacked me and I grabbed her by the wrists (while she continued to try to hit me), looked right in her face and said "you don't hit people, especially not me". She backed off, because she could probably tell I was just about ready to put her head through the window, but then later she ran crying to a mutual friend and said I had intimidated her. "My friend was all pissed at me, and I tried to explain what happened, and they said: you don't get it. When men act aggressive it's just different, it scares girls." As if I didn't understand fear, no! I wasn't staying out of fear, I was staying because I liked the way her stomach oozed over her lap.

    Eventually I grew a pair, and dumped her like the heap of human excrement that she was.

    Sorry you went thru that and glad you are not with her any longer.

    I knew of two acquaintances where this was allegedly happening. One is divorced. Another still married to their tormentor wife. I feel so badly for these men. It's very NOT okay. Women who physically pummel their SOs need HELP. WTF??
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

    ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

  10. #30
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Any answer could easily sound passive-aggressive. I could rep though.
    It's ok.

    We know you're talking about this woman:





    ...and no one else.

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFJ] What are ISFJs like when it comes to lying?
    By KarenParker in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 08:17 AM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 03:19 AM
  3. [ISFP] Why I'm a total wuss when it comes to horror movies..
    By Dali in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 09:38 AM
  4. [MBTItm] When it comes to Love and Dating -- how do you roll?
    By CzeCze in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO