User Tag List

12 Last

heart on fire

Default Correctional Dog Collars for all airline passengers?

Great Idea?

Washington Times - Politics, Breaking News, US and World News - "Want some torture with your peanuts?" by Aviation Security

By Jeffrey Denning

Just when you thought you've heard it all...

A senior government official with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has expressed great interest in a so-called safety bracelet that would serve as a stun device, similar to that of a police Taser. According to this promotional video found at the Lamperd Less Lethal, Inc. website, the bracelet would be worn by all airline passengers (video also shown below).

This bracelet would:

Take the place of an airline boarding pass

Contain personal information about the traveler

Be able to monitor the whereabouts of each passenger and his/her luggage

Shock the wearer on command, completely immobilizing him/her for several minutes

The Electronic ID Bracelet, as it's referred to, would be worn by every traveler "until they disembark the flight at their destination." Yes, you read that correctly. Every airline passenger would be tracked by a government-funded GPS, containing personal, private and confidential information, and would shock the customer worse than an electronic dog collar if the passenger got out of line...

Wow, creepy. But that said, I'd love to use it to punish that one jerkoff on every flight that thinks he's too important to sit down and put away his crap during takeoff and landing. And also the longhair that always tries to put his guitar in the overhead compartment, taking up the space intended for three people.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

That is creepy, yes, however, I'd say that the chance of that actually happening is incredibly slim. The stink people would put up would be huge.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

The bracelets remain inactive until a hijacking situation has been identified. At such time a designated crew member will activate the bracelets making them capable of delivering the punitive measure - but only to those that need to be restrained.
    Yeah, I'm sure they'll always work as intended. There's no way a hijacker would take his bracelet off.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

It would be really cool to be in plane when this sistem experiance capital breakdown.

Plus terrorist are creative enough to have plane crews as sleeper in that case it is really bad idea to have sistem like this one.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    It would be really cool to be in plane when this sistem experiance capital breakdown.

Plus terrorist are creative enough to have plane crews as sleeper in that case it is really bad idea to have sistem like this one.
    I think you've been watching too many movies.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I think you've been watching too many movies.
    Actually I don't remember the last time when I watched some movie.
    I am sure that it was more then 6 months ago.

My first sentence was sarcasm but remember how much machines around you break down all the time even the ones that have guarantee that they will work 3 times longer then they do.

If there are only few accidents like this each year, companys that are in air transportation business would bankrupt.
    First they would need to pay large compensation to large number of people that were in planes.
    But far more damage would be caused by fall of interest in this way of transportation. Decrease for 20% would be enough to crash the entire market of commercial air lines.
    Many companys are already in red zone and this would push them over the edge and that would create heavy economical cosequences for global economy.
    That 20% drop is likely if you install sistem like this one.

When it comes to terrorism just remember how the September 11. looked like.
    Since they know how to fly a plane they can become comertial airline pilots.
    Sorry but if I were the terrorist I would start to think this way.

Whit this sistem they can knock all passengers in few second and they would have a easily time to convince flight controle that everything is just fine.
    Or just one crew member could sabotage the sistem and then we are again in position were we are today.
    But I am not sure what they really mean by punishment.

Also if this sistem can't be used on all passengers at once it is pretty much useless because of obvious reasons.
    Plus if you have enough people in plane you can confuse the crew.
    I can complicate even further but there is no pont in doing that.

My point is: Don't underestimate combinaliton of hate and creativity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I heard about this on "Wait, Wait! Don't Tell Me!" on NPR a few weeks ago. It was a game where the contestant had to guess which of three ridiculous options regarding the airline industry was true. They didn't get it right, iirc...
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    ESFJ

This is the dumbest thing I've heard in months, and I seek out news about dumb things and people regularly.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

I must agree that this in fascinating mix of nonsense and paranoia.