User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Right now your phrasing says that the alleged perpetrator of rape is guilty until proven otherwise, which you cannot be serious about, so what is it you mean?
    This too. Believe it or not, (*gasp!*) people sometimes lie.
    And false accusations will ruin someones life.

In order to convict people you need evidence.
    Without a case, you don't get a conviction.

It's the American way.

If we had an absolute "zero tolerance" policy in which men would be arrested on accusations alone, many women (vindictive feminists and psycho harpies especially) would use this against innocent men who didn't commit any crimes.

And that I cannot get behind.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Poindexter Arachnid View Post
    This too. Believe it or not, (*gasp!*) people sometimes lie.
    And false accusations will ruin someones life.

In order to convict people you need evidence.
    Without a case, you don't get a conviction.

It's the American way.

If we had an absolute "zero tolerance" policy in which men would be arrested on accusations alone, many women (vindictive feminists and psycho harpies especially) would use this against innocent men who didn't commit any crimes.

And that I cannot get behind.
    But you do realize what kind of ordeal it is for a rape victim for a rapist to be prosecuted, right? He or she is tried nearly as much if not as much as the rapist. There are still judges that don't understand that thirteen and fourteen year olds cannot legally consent to sex with adults, even adults in positions of authority.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    But you do realize what kind of ordeal it is for a rape victim for a rapist to be prosecuted, right?
    No, because I am not a rape victim.

He or she is tried nearly as much if not as much as the rapist.
    Unless they're thrown into the stockades to be senselessly butt-raped by fellow thugs and violent offenders, I'd hardly compare basic questioning to "trying".

There are still judges that don't understand that thirteen and fourteen year olds cannot legally consent to sex with adults, even adults in positions of authority.
    And who voted them into office?
    Wasn't me. I don't vote.

A window to the soul

After self-defense training, Swift Kick to the Nuts 101, I'm no longer a victim.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Do us all a favor and upgrade to Swift Machete to the Face 101 and do us all a favor.
    Rapist scum doesn't deserve to live.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

No, because I am not a rape victim.
    So you cannot learn from the experiences of others?

Unless they're thrown into the stockades to be senselessly butt-raped by fellow thugs and violent offenders, I'd hardly compare basic questioning to "trying".
    Basic questioning about one's dress, one's sexual history, whether not one had been drinking or flirting.

And who voted them into office?
    Wasn't me. I don't vote.
    I'm not blaming you individualyl for this stuff. It would be nice, if you think it's not right, to maybe say so if something like that comes up. That it's just let go leads to stuff like Steubenville. Because the rapists were promising young men whose futures could be ruined.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

So you cannot learn from the experiences of others?
    No, not really.

Basic questioning about one's dress, one's sexual history, whether not one had been drinking or flirting.
    Meh.

I'm not blaming you individualyl for this stuff. It would be nice, if you think it's not right, to maybe say so if something like that comes up. That it's just let go leads to stuff like Steubenville. Because the rapists were promising young men whose futures could be ruined.
    I created a thread about that incident last year.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

No, not really.
    I can't imagine what that would be like. Even a baby will cry if it sees or hears another baby cry.

Meh.
    So you don't believe, if you were raped, you'd find it difficult to describe the experience multiple times and have your rear probed for semen, etc?

I created a thread about that incident last year.
    Sorry. I've slept since then. I know in that case or one like it, the people who brought it to national attention got a harsher sentence than the rapist(s).

That seems messed up to me.
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'd say this is a symptom of a culture of objectification. As as it is socially acceptable that people treat a living being as an object, this will lead to all its more extreme, heinous cousins.

Pets are property, and cows are food, and they'll be the slaves they are, nothing else. Harassing and cat calling women is a harmless pass-time that should be forgiven. Bullying amongst children is part of social learning, drama and entertainment. Bullying amongst adults is considered competitive smarts and again, drama for the masses. Vilifying sex-workers allows us to both shame them and blame them for all the trouble in society - and this is true for society and their customers, putting them at greater risk for disease, abuse and isolation. Slut shaming is just part of the culture of getting back at a girl or elevating your social rank at her cost. And of course racial profiling without taking any other variables into account is valid as it saves you having to do your job as a policeman. And let's beat the gay out of someone while we're at it, so he can learn how to be a real man and use his fists and stand up to the world, like us - and take his frustrations and anxieties out on another punching bag of his choice, coz let's be real here, the point is the punching bag, not the fact that he needs to be shown how to be a man.

Objectification is easy, beneficial and saves you the effort of having to invest in empathy of any kind. Is it any wonder it leads to a pattern of thinking that leads to extreme versions such as entitlement to someone else's body aka rape, stealing, vandalising, animal abuse, and cultural abuse of *anything* that is considered different and weak?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I can't imagine what that would be like.
    It's great, actually. I can naturally tune people out when they go on some emo cry fest.

Even a baby will cry if it sees or hears another baby cry.
    And the baby is relying on instinct.

So you don't believe, if you were raped, you'd find it difficult to describe the experience multiple times and have your rear probed for semen, etc?
    I'd cut the red tape, hunt down the attacker and kill them like an animal.
    Smells like justice.

Sorry. I've slept since then. I know in that case or one like it, the people who brought it to national attention got a harsher sentence than the rapist(s).

That seems messed up to me.
    Pretty much. But I'm beyond moral outrage at this point.
    Waste of energy.