User Tag List

View Poll Results: Has the environmental movement become a religion?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 37.14%
  • No

    16 45.71%
  • Other (explain)

    6 17.14%
First 51314151617 Last

Results 141 to 150 of 174

  1. #141
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Because it's liberal and environmental types that are always complaining about religion, so try to say they themselves are a religion with environmentalism paints them as hypocritical...maybe even superstitious depending how you look at it.

    We both know this I would presume, but you might not want to admit it here.
    That is a complete nonsense argument, and it speaks to a major bias in your mind. There are plenty of religious liberals and environmentalists. It has nothing to do with painting them as hypocritical.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  2. #142
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I would never have guessed. I don't picture people who call Al Gore nuts (i forgot your exact quote) as the environmental type ya know?
    That is because you are being simple-minded. You don't have to like Al Gore to be an environmentalist.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  3. #143
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Read the thread.
    Could you maybe point how a radical environmentalist is being more "religious" then say a radical anti-abortion activist for example?

  4. #144
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That is because you are being simple-minded. You don't have to like Al Gore to be an environmentalist.
    Most people who speak out against Al Gore aren't the environmentalist type....it's about numbers. If I had to guess I would have guessed you weren't one obviously, of course I don't know what you are.

  5. #145
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Most people who speak out against Al Gore aren't the environmentalist type....it's about numbers. If I had to guess I would have guessed you weren't one obviously, of course I don't know what you are.
    That is a completely biased statement, and your conclusion doesn't follow logically. It's horribly closed-minded.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  6. #146
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That is a complete nonsense argument, and it speaks to a major bias in your mind. There are plenty of religious liberals and environmentalists. It has nothing to do with painting them as hypocritical.
    I am making generalization here, I'm not trying to say every type of person is also this type of person.

  7. #147
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That is a completely biased statement, and your conclusion doesn't follow logically. It's horribly closed-minded.
    How is it biased? AntiAl Gore people usually aren't big environmentalists...that's not somewhat clear to you? I'm not making black and white statements, I'm using words like "most" and "tend".

  8. #148
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I am making generalization here, I'm not trying to say every type of person is also this type of person.
    Your generalization is ridiculous. Al Gore is one type of environmentalist, and he is not the arbiter of what is good and bad for the environment. Have you actually gone back and read the thread? What does the radical environmental fringe have to do with radical anti-abortion protesters (who probably ARE religious, anyway)? What is your argument?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  9. #149
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    How is it biased? AntiAl Gore people usually aren't big environmentalists...that's not somewhat clear to you? I'm not making black and white statements, I'm using words like "most" and "tend".
    I think that statement is untrue. I think it comes from a bias that you have that Al Gore = environmental, anti-Al Gore = anti-environmental. That conclusion is wrong. It doesn't hold up.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  10. #150
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Your generalization is ridiculous. Al Gore is one type of environmentalist, and he is not the arbiter of what is good and bad for the environment.
    Of course, that's why it was a generalization. But if you hear someone talking negatively about Al Gore, it is more than likely not an environmentalists saying it. That's just obvious.

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    What does the radical environmental fringe have to do with radical anti-abortion protesters (who probably ARE religious, anyway)?
    Nothing, that's my point of course (besides the fact that they are radicals). Neither member of either of those groups should be called religious, it's just stupid.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] what is it with INTJ's a germanic sounding names/military avatars?
    By Il Morto Qui Parla in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 05:10 AM
  2. Is it easier to live a life with or without religion?
    By swordpath in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 06:25 PM
  3. is it possible to be a peaceful muslim?
    By Il Morto Qui Parla in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 09:11 PM
  4. When is it type?
    By proteanmix in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 01:55 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 07:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO