User Tag List

View Poll Results: Has the environmental movement become a religion?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 37.14%
  • No

16 45.71%
  • Other (explain)

6 17.14%
First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Because it's liberal and environmental types that are always complaining about religion, so try to say they themselves are a religion with environmentalism paints them as hypocritical...maybe even superstitious depending how you look at it.

We both know this I would presume, but you might not want to admit it here.
    That is a complete nonsense argument, and it speaks to a major bias in your mind. There are plenty of religious liberals and environmentalists. It has nothing to do with painting them as hypocritical.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ESFJ

I would never have guessed. I don't picture people who call Al Gore nuts (i forgot your exact quote) as the environmental type ya know?
    That is because you are being simple-minded. You don't have to like Al Gore to be an environmentalist.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Read the thread.
    Could you maybe point how a radical environmentalist is being more "religious" then say a radical anti-abortion activist for example?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That is because you are being simple-minded. You don't have to like Al Gore to be an environmentalist.
    Most people who speak out against Al Gore aren't the environmentalist type....it's about numbers. If I had to guess I would have guessed you weren't one obviously, of course I don't know what you are.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Most people who speak out against Al Gore aren't the environmentalist type....it's about numbers. If I had to guess I would have guessed you weren't one obviously, of course I don't know what you are.
    That is a completely biased statement, and your conclusion doesn't follow logically. It's horribly closed-minded.

MBTI
    INTP

That is a complete nonsense argument, and it speaks to a major bias in your mind. There are plenty of religious liberals and environmentalists. It has nothing to do with painting them as hypocritical.
    I am making generalization here, I'm not trying to say every type of person is also this type of person.

MBTI
    INTP

That is a completely biased statement, and your conclusion doesn't follow logically. It's horribly closed-minded.
    How is it biased? AntiAl Gore people usually aren't big environmentalists...that's not somewhat clear to you? I'm not making black and white statements, I'm using words like "most" and "tend".

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am making generalization here, I'm not trying to say every type of person is also this type of person.
    Your generalization is ridiculous. Al Gore is one type of environmentalist, and he is not the arbiter of what is good and bad for the environment. Have you actually gone back and read the thread? What does the radical environmental fringe have to do with radical anti-abortion protesters (who probably ARE religious, anyway)? What is your argument?

MBTI
    ESFJ

How is it biased? AntiAl Gore people usually aren't big environmentalists...that's not somewhat clear to you? I'm not making black and white statements, I'm using words like "most" and "tend".
    I think that statement is untrue. I think it comes from a bias that you have that Al Gore = environmental, anti-Al Gore = anti-environmental. That conclusion is wrong. It doesn't hold up.

MBTI
    INTP

Your generalization is ridiculous. Al Gore is one type of environmentalist, and he is not the arbiter of what is good and bad for the environment.
    Of course, that's why it was a generalization. But if you hear someone talking negatively about Al Gore, it is more than likely not an environmentalists saying it. That's just obvious.

What does the radical environmental fringe have to do with radical anti-abortion protesters (who probably ARE religious, anyway)?
    Nothing, that's my point of course (besides the fact that they are radicals). Neither member of either of those groups should be called religious, it's just stupid.