User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 65

  1. #1
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,782

    Default I want to clear something up,

    gay rights, feminism,civil rights ect. they're not about power they're about having a choice and equality under the law and not being harassed for your choices
    trust me, I'm for all these things, even though only one applies to me personally, because people should have choices as long as they harm no one. And the problem with movements like these is supporters and anti supporters of the movements get the intent twisted and it becomes this monster, and then people from both sides look like dicks. So if we were just to keep the definintion at: it's about having a choice and not being harrassed for that choice; a long with equality under the law. It would save a lot of grief. Of course that's never going to happen
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  2. #2
    deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz
    because people should have choices as long as they harm no one.
    I mostly agree except that some choices, while not harmful, do involve me in some way since I pay taxes. If a surfer dude decides he doesn't want to work and live off of foodstamps, that affects me because I'm paying for it.

    I'd also like to point out that the three causes you mentioned (gay rights, women's rights, and civil rights) are all leftist causes. I'm not aware of a single good idea coming from the American left so I'd have to oppose these as well. I don't see any oppression of gays, women, or minorities at all. Time to move on and quit focusing on past injustices.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

  3. #3
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post

    I'd also like to point out that the three causes you mentioned (gay rights, women's rights, and civil rights) are all leftist causes. I'm not aware of a single good idea coming from the American left so I'd have to oppose these as well. I don't see any oppression of gays, women, or minorities at all. Time to move on and quit focusing on past injustices.
    you're kidding right? if not my opinion of you went way down
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  4. #4
    Senior Member Opal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I mostly agree except that some choices, while not harmful, do involve me in some way since I pay taxes. If a surfer dude decides he doesn't want to work and live off of foodstamps, that affects me because I'm paying for it.

    I'd also like to point out that the three causes you mentioned (gay rights, women's rights, and civil rights) are all leftist causes. I'm not aware of a single good idea coming from the American left so I'd have to oppose these as well. I don't see any oppression of gays, women, or minorities at all. Time to move on and quit focusing on past injustices.
    You're not aware of a single good idea coming from the American left? Regarding women, do you acknowledge the legitimacy of the glass ceiling or pervasive objectification in media (namely pornography)?

    ...if you're trolling, you win this round.

  5. #5
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solipsists View Post
    You're not aware of a single good idea coming from the American left? Regarding women, do you acknowledge the legitimacy of the glass ceiling or pervasive objectification in media (namely pornography)?

    ...if you're trolling, you win this round.
    and the gay marriage thing for gays
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  6. #6
    deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solipsists
    Regarding women, do you acknowledge the legitimacy of the glass ceiling or pervasive objectification in media (namely pornography)?
    The glass ceiling is a myth. When adjusted for education and experience, women make exactly the same as men. Pornography and objectification of women come from the American left. Larry Flynt is a leftist; he offered to pay money for dirt on Paul Ryan. Hollywood is mostly run by leftists as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz
    you're kidding right? if not my opinion of you went way down
    Here's how I see things. Gay activists = gay Democrat (lefty). Feminist = female Democrat(lefty). Civil rights advocate = black or hispanic Democrat (lefty). All three groups support Obamacare, raising the minimum wage, cap and trade, restricting gun rights, etc, etc. There is no distinction between these groups.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

  7. #7
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you're kidding right? if not my opinion of you went way down
    Mine of you went down too... what are you going to do about it?

    Sent via Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I mostly agree except that some choices, while not harmful, do involve me in some way since I pay taxes. If a surfer dude decides he doesn't want to work and live off of foodstamps, that affects me because I'm paying for it.
    Robbing banks and selling drugs are even more harmful choices than just being lazy, but most so-called conservatives are quite willing to shell out far more to keep thieves and drug dealers in prison than your surfer dude would probably get.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I'd also like to point out that the three causes you mentioned (gay rights, women's rights, and civil rights) are all leftist causes. I'm not aware of a single good idea coming from the American left so I'd have to oppose these as well. I don't see any oppression of gays, women, or minorities at all. Time to move on and quit focusing on past injustices.
    These three causes are all human causes, because the negative effects are felt by humans. Many of them are not even leftists, democrats, liberals, or whatever label you want to apply to those who disagree with you. Those injustices that indeed are past would still be with us if people then were as unwilling to acknowledge them as you are to acknowledge those that remain. In any case, these problems are recognized and even addressed by citizens and politicians across a broad range of political perspectives, besides being well-documented in legal, employment, demographic, and other records. You are, of course, entitled to your opinions, but if you expect them to have any credibility, you'll have to better than this.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  9. #9
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540

    Default

    Politics is about power.

    Consumerism is about choice. Remember: when you choose my product, you deserve it.

    And liberal democratic politics is about the limitation of power, by, for instance, the Separation of Powers.

    And Capitalist Consumerism gives public prosperity under prudent regulation and competition.

  10. #10
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540

    Default

    Politics without power; and Capitalism without competition, are the dream of the New Age.

    This is a dream of the Romantic Movement and flees from reality.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 294
    Last Post: 10-07-2017, 08:07 PM
  2. [MBTItm] ENTP wants to get shy people to open up.
    By EricHanson in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 09:26 PM
  3. I don't want to end up with a guy who's just like my dad...
    By Queen Kat in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 08:30 PM
  4. [INTJ] I want to learn something deep or profound
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 11:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO