User Tag List

First 1234 Last

WALMART

You don't "clear things like this up"

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I mostly agree except that some choices, while not harmful, do involve me in some way since I pay taxes. If a surfer dude decides he doesn't want to work and live off of foodstamps, that affects me because I'm paying for it.

I'd also like to point out that the three causes you mentioned (gay rights, women's rights, and civil rights) are all leftist causes. I'm not aware of a single good idea coming from the American left so I'd have to oppose these as well. I don't see any oppression of gays, women, or minorities at all. Time to move on and quit focusing on past injustices.
    You merely persist long enough for them to be antiquated.

I mostly agree except that some choices, while not harmful, do involve me in some way since I pay taxes. If a surfer dude decides he doesn't want to work and live off of foodstamps, that affects me because I'm paying for it.

I'd also like to point out that the three causes you mentioned (gay rights, women's rights, and civil rights) are all leftist causes. I'm not aware of a single good idea coming from the American left so I'd have to oppose these as well. I don't see any oppression of gays, women, or minorities at all. Time to move on and quit focusing on past injustices.
    It shouldn't matter from what side of the political spectrum those ideas are coming from...

There needs to be a basic definition of human and societal rights of individuals that define the basic/minimum inalineable boundary of individuals...

So long as those boundaries are not violated and it doesn't put the societal framework under risk of collapse such as increased crime rates, poverty, unemployment etc., individuals' lifestyles and choices should not be limited\regulated or dictated by the state\law\religion or a group of other individuals...otherwise it may turn into oppressing a group of people for the sake of another...

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Politics without power; and Capitalism without competition, are the dream of the New Age.

This is a dream of the Romantic Movement and flees from reality.
    I dream of a collective entity forming a collective consciousness...like a superorganism...can that be possible in the next millenia?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

@Tellenbach i'm not aware of a single good idea coming from the american right either, except for maybe Obamacare
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I dream of a collective entity forming a collective consciousness...like a superorganism...can that be possible in the next millenia?
    it's called the internet
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

A traditional tribe feels the same things at the same time as they are in audible contact with each other all the time.

A literate individual thinks only their own thoughts and feels only their own feelings, as we read each book alone.

And electronic tribe feels the same things at the same time as we are in electronic contact with each other in real time. For instance we all felt the same things at the same time with the disappearance of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370.
    Last edited by Mole; 03-27-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Over production is one of the effects of capitalism.

We deal with over production by funding non productive activities like the military and welfare.

By funding non productive activities we use up the over production and enable capitalism to keep producing.

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    it's called the internet
    Dang...

MBTI
    yupp

Mine of you went down too... what are you going to do about it?

Sent via Tapatalk
    think that you saying anything in the instance was unnecessary.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so