User Tag List

First 234

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Wow, what a great post: not even I could understand a sentence of it!
    try some game theory analytics and see if i'm wrong...putting a cap and bottom on any market..
    i'm going off of intuition, but in a game, if there isn't a finishing line and there is a starting one, more people will be closer to the starting line than anything. it is the only marker, after all. it's where the game is centered.

but reverse it, and put a finishing line...but no starting line....and i'm thinking more people will end up towards the finishing line than not.

clearer?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Why the big debate over this? It's all about gaining voters for the democrats.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    try some game theory analytics and see if i'm wrong...putting a cap and bottom on any market..
    i'm going off of intuition, but in a game, if there isn't a finishing line and there is a starting one, more people will be closer to the starting line than anything. it is the only marker, after all. it's where the game is centered.

but reverse it, and put a finishing line...but no starting line....and i'm thinking more people will end up towards the finishing line than not.

clearer?
    Why not assume that people will always have a natural tendency to maximize their utility?

They don't need a maximum wage in order to believe that high earnings are desirable. By the same token, they don't need a minimum wage to know that low earnings are undesirable.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Why not assume that people will always have a natural tendency to maximize their utility?
    Ok, let's.
    Point stands.
    In fact, lends to it.
    (People will maximize their utility...not due to money, but due to nature.)
    They don't need ever increasing amounts of money to be ever more happy/productive.
    In fact, I'm pretty sure there's a salary/happiness threshold I read about somewhere.

idk, it's almost useless to talk about it. it won't ever happen.

(though it does happen, like in the NBA for example...)

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx
    Minimum wage is like saying "how little can I get away with paying people?". It doesn't matter what the minimum wage is when someone that same day made a $1 million.
    Isn't the primary goal of a business to make money? If you spend too much on labor costs, you won't make a profit or worse yet, you'll go out of business. There is an arrogance in Senator Warren's call for a $10.10/hour minimum wage. She's telling the immigrant dry cleaner that she knows his business more than he does; she knows that a store can afford $10.10/hour to hire the door greeter or the teenager who bags the groceries. Last I checked, lefties like Senator Warren have a terrible record at managing economies (look at Chicago and Detroit). The fact is that very few lefty politicians have ever run a business and most of them do not understand how wealth is created or what makes a person happy. They're just doing the feel-good populist thing to get votes and show that they care.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.