User Tag List

First 5678 Last

^

"We won."

If that's true, it's kind of funny because it's like somebody being obnoxious to someone else that's obnoxious. That said, I think we should arm the senate and house with swords and shields and let 'em fight it out when they can't agree on shit; then there would be some kind of incentive to reconciling differences to make shit happen. And if they can't agree, someone's going to die until they do.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

We'll have 54 in the senate come December.

Can't wait for bills to actually reach Obama's desk finally.

Keystone XL here we come.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I would say now we'll really get to see how things are getting messed up rather than Obama, but I feel like people will still blame it on Obama, because they can. Like the Louisiana GOP blaming Obama for the Hurricane Katrina response... during the Bush administration.

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Let's set the record straight. According to McConnell, Obama had just 2 meetings with him in 6 years. In six years, Obama met with Speaker Boehner a whopping 1 time. This "reaching across the isle" is a myth. Obama doesn't reach across the isle. Obamacare was passed with zero input from Republicans and that's one reason why it's so unpopular and why it's such a bad law. When Senator McCain tried to give him some input into Obamacare, Obama responded "We won."
    Do you have a source for this? Because he is known to be friends with Boehner and has met with him more than once for sure.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by PocketFullOf
    Do you have a source for this? Because he is known to be friends with Boehner and has met with him more than once for sure.
    President Obama has met one-on-one with Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell only once or twice in six years. But after Democrats got trounced in Tuesday’s midterm elections, the president said he’s ready to join the Kentucky Republican for a drink.
    Forget the Beer, Obama and McConnell Head Straight for the Hard Stuff

On Tuesday, the president and Boehner met one-on-one for the first time since December 2012. They've been part of group meetings and have talked by phone. But it was the first time in more than a year that they sat and talked with each other individually.
    Obama And Boehner Relationship Anything But Solid

Ok, I mixed up the two. He had 1 meeting with McConnell and two meetings with Boehner.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    ikr?

They just elected the youngest woman to congress and the first black senator in the south since reconstruction.

The neanderthals.
    You forgot Mia Love.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    My favorite has been walkers reelection margin in WI.
    But you gotta admit Illinois, Maryland, and Massachusetts were pretty cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    We'll have 54 in the senate come December.

Can't wait for bills to actually reach Obama's desk finally.
    Yeah, now that Harry Reid won't be able to prevent the Senate from voting on anything.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

@Little_Sticks

My bad. He said "I won" and "elections have consequences" but it wasn't to McCain, though he did say something similar to McCain. The "I won" quote was to Eric Cantor during a meeting about stimulus spending.

House Republican Whip Eric Cantor gave President Obama a list of modest proposals for the bill. Obama said he would consider the GOP ideas, but told the assembled Republicans that "elections have consequences" and "I won." Backed by the largest congressional majorities in decades, the president was not terribly interested in giving ground to his vanquished adversaries.
    The roots of Obama's demise
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Forget the Beer, Obama and McConnell Head Straight for the Hard Stuff

Obama And Boehner Relationship Anything But Solid

Ok, I mixed up the two. He had 1 meeting with McConnell and two meetings with Boehner.
    The reason for that is probably because McConnell explicitly said that he was going to oppose anything Obama proposed, so Obama thought he'd be wasting his time. Also as far as I know Obama was more open to working with Boehner who if anything was more under seige from Cantor and company than Obama. Boehner was a moderate stuck in a tough place.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    Neutral Good

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

@Little_Sticks

My bad. He said "I won" and "elections have consequences" but it wasn't to McCain, though he did say something similar to McCain. The "I won" quote was to Eric Cantor during a meeting about stimulus spending.

The roots of Obama's demise
    Eric Cantor was not reasonable this is what messed up the relationship between Obama and Beohner, Beohner had proposed something reasonable and Obama was about to accept it, and then Cantor messed that up by turning the republicans against Beohner for trying to cut a deal with Obama. There was a whole documentary on this very subject.

Johari Nohari
    Neutral Good

Likes Hard liked this post

One thing that is strange and that is our politics in Oz have become vicious just as the politics in the USA have.

Why is this?

I think it is because our institutions in general are losing their authority and respect. This is natural as we move slowly from an authoritarian society to a helping society. We are moving from a society based on authority and respect to a society of empathy and creativity.

And so as our political institutions lose their authority, they start fighting viciously amongst themselves.