User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Mmmmm Shcadenfruede.
    You remind me of my father in this respect. I voted for Bush in 2000, but didn't vote in 2004 because I had seen what a massive disaster Bush's presidency had become (I couldn't bring myself to vote for Kerry). When Bush was declared the winner, my father did a fist pump like he had just bowled a strike. His "team" had won and I facepalmed at the absurdity.

For the next two years we will have more corporate whores in office with an "R" next to their name than the last two years. When and where is the parade?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Even counting on there being meaningful differences between the Republicans and Democrats (which I think there sort of are but just as two differently sized evils), it still doesn't really matter, because look at the practical implications of the race. Republicans already had the House, they got the Senate, but they don't have a filibuster or veto breaking majority, and Obama remains in office. We likely just went from nothing happening to nothing happening. What's more, the 2016 senate race heavily favors Democrats, such that they will probably pick up at least a slight majority again, nullifying the significance of even a Republican presidential win. Of course, the Democrats would have almost no chance of taking the House in 2016. So it seems as if the very soonest something can even start happening is 2018, because at this point, things only happen when one party controls everything.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Even counting on there being meaningful differences between the Republicans and Democrats (which I think there sort of are but just as two differently size evils), it still doesn't really matter, because look at the practical implications of the race. Republicans already had the House, they got the Senate, but they don't have a filibuster or veto breaking majority, and Obama remains in office. We likely just went from nothing happening to nothing happening. What's more, the 2016 senate race heavily favors Democrats, such that they will probably pick up at least a slight majority again, nullifying the significance of even a Republican presidential win. Of course, the Democrats would have almost no chance of taking the House in 2016. So it seems as if the very soonest something can even start happening is 2018, because at this point, things only happen when one party controls everything.
    Perfect endgame strategy:

Get all your buddies to pretend to be (and start a career as members of) the opposing party, like plants. Then, once you all get into office finally and have a sizeable majority in every branch, show your true colors and blow out those two years when you're all in charge.

It's like the whole "dormant Russian mole infiltration" story, bwa ha ha.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

I think perhaps, part of it might be that lot of people didn't know it was an election. it's like up til the day of the election none of me or my freinds heard a thing, then yesterday. internet was full of "Vote if you don't you're a terrible person!!!" and it's like I don't even know who is running but I don't think that voting is real, I mean it is, clearly but who gets elected isn't the person in charge but rather a puppet. I've just been waiting my whole life for the next revolution in this country, me voting isn't gonna change a thing we just have to wait for the country to reach a point. which reminds me I should take shooting lessons to be prepared. I always thought when it happened i'd just let my self get shot and die and so didn't need to worry about that, but I'll be damned at this point if i don't go down without a fight
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

not sure if i should laugh or cry..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Magic is ignoring the Rand factor. Rand has significant pull within the "obstructionist" tea party, yet he has every reason to find win-win bills to get passed, and he's tight with McConnell who will be setting the legislative agenda. The republicans know they have to make progress in congress to hold the majority and blaming Obama won't work in 16. Obama has a mostly failed presidency and presumably would like to get some things passed to improve his legacy assuming he's not so bitter that he'll just sink the ship to avoid giving republicans any wins. I don't think he is and some of his actions seem to indicate he'll change his tune.

Rand already has a bill with Reid in the works to bring corporate income back to the states at a lower tax rate that will fund infrastructure. Another important bill could deal with the issue of incarcerated African Americans. At the very least they could grant voting rights to non-violent felons if not more. I have no idea what they'll do about the budget.

I'm optimistic.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

They just elected the youngest woman to congress and the first black senator in the south since reconstruction.

The neanderthals.
    Last edited by Coriolis; 11-06-2014 at 02:18 AM. Reason: deleted quoted slur

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    ikr?

They just elected the youngest woman to congress and the first black senator in the south since reconstruction.

The neanderthals.
    I dont see how thats relevant to the fact that only a ____ or cold hearted money hungry bitch would vote them.
    Last edited by EJCC; 11-06-2014 at 10:48 AM. Reason: edited out slur
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Or maybe the amount of ___s isnt that high, but this is whats going on:

Last edited by EJCC; 11-06-2014 at 10:48 AM. Reason: edited out slur
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I dont see how thats relevant to the fact that only a ___ or cold hearted money hungry bitch would vote them.
    Who can argue with such insightful and informed analysis?

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Or maybe the amount of ___s isnt that high, but this is whats going on:

You're right there probably was voter fraud involved.

We should get more voter ID laws to stop those cheating republicans.

Dems will get behind that, right?
    Last edited by EJCC; 11-06-2014 at 10:49 AM. Reason: edited out slurs