User Tag List

First 1234 Last

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

It's time for a bump. Democrats are running scared and attempting to turn out their base by playing the race card.
    Senator Landrieu says Louisiana is a racist and a sexist state; Charlie Rangel says Republicans want slavery; Georgian Senate candidate Michelle Nunn suggests that white cops will shoot black kids if Republicans win. I find it funny but sad at the same time - funny because panicky, desperate Dems are hilarious but sad because many voters will fall for these tactics.

I like my earlier prediction of an 8 seat pick-up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's only 6 seats because Dems cheat and they're very good at cheating.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    It's time for a bump. Democrats are running scared and attempting to turn out their base by playing the race card.
    Senator Landrieu says Louisiana is a racist and a sexist state; Charlie Rangel says Republicans want slavery; Georgian Senate candidate Michelle Nunn suggests that white cops will shoot black kids if Republicans win. I find it funny but sad at the same time - funny because panicky, desperate Dems are hilarious but sad because many voters will fall for these tactics.

I like my earlier prediction of an 8 seat pick-up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's only 6 seats because Dems cheat and they're very good at cheating.
    Oh stop with this. There's a ton of shenanigans on both sides, if you care to be fair.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Hard, PocketFullOf liked this post

I can't look at it in black and white terms. At the national level, I'm unhappy because of various things like health care and a flawed foreign policy. So, in my opinion, the Democrats are failing. But on the state level the Republicans are literally thugs and criminals. I have a sign in my front yard for a Democrat running for a seat in the state House. Plus, my sister knows him well. When we vote for him, we know what we'll be getting: an honest hard working person. This is in contrast to his opponent whose cronies in the state legislature have already been arrested for political corruption.

MBTI
    INFP

Here's a nice little graphic from the Wall Street Journal showing the "establishment" predictions: Balance of Power 2014 - WSJ.com

Instructions on how to read the graphic for those who get stymied by lots of details:

1) Click on the race you want to investigate by clicking on the bar graphs on the left side of the screen.

2) After you've done that, look at the two bar graphs at the top of the screen. The lower one shows the current makeup. The upper one shows the predictions: "Pretty sure" is in red and blue; "Toss-up" is in yellow.

3) In the races for Congress, basically you'll note that all existing Repub seats are "pretty sure," and the "toss-ups" are coming from existing Dem seats. The situation switches a bit for the Governor races.

4) Then there's a big state-by-state graphic down below. You can click on a "map" version or a "table" version.

5) Get out and vote on Tuesday, especially if you're in a "toss-up" state. (Personally, I'm not in a toss-up state, but there are still some interesting local elections.)

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    There's a ton of shenanigans on both sides, if you care to be fair.
    All is fair in politics. The tactic of using race to incite hatred as a turn-out-the-vote strategy isn't used by Republicans because the Republican base doesn't focus on race or gender identity politics; that only works with Democrats.

Have you seen these funny clips?

Joe Biden says Romney/Ryan wants to put black people back in chains; hilarious stuff

Hillary speaks with an African American dialect. This one is almost painful to watch:

@sorenx7 It's not black and white or right and left; it's up or down (I'm borrowing from Ronaldus Magnus). Sure there are lots of lousy Republicans (like Charlie Crist and the late Arlen Specter), but the type of devestation on the nation can only be accomplished by a Democrat.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

All is fair in politics. The tactic of using race to incite hatred as a turn-out-the-vote strategy isn't used by Republicans because the Republican base doesn't focus on race or gender identity politics; that only works with Democrats.

Have you seen these funny clips?

Joe Biden says Romney/Ryan wants to put black people back in chains; hilarious stuff

Hillary speaks with an African American dialect. This one is almost painful to watch:

@sorenx7 It's not black and white or right and left; it's up or down (I'm borrowing from Ronaldus Magnus). Sure there are lots of lousy Republicans (like Charlie Crist and the late Arlen Specter), but the type of devestation on the nation can only be accomplished by a Democrat.

Please note that I said I thought the Democrats had failed at the national level. The foreign policy failures alone are monumental. Yet when I look at what the Republicans have done here at the state level, I am literally horrified. I'm not making this stuff up, either. I'm seeing it up close and personal.
    Likes Hard liked this post

I predict you'll get a B- average across the board because your math and biology test scores will improve dramatically.

MBTI
    DEUS

It is nothing new that the party of a president in his second term stands to lose the midterm. With an election lacking any dominant theme - except to distance oneself from Obama, regardless of affiliation - most candidates are busy trying to beat each other in who can come up with the most ridiculous election videos, as is the American way.
    ‘Many novelties have come from America. The most startling of these, a thing without precedent, is a mass of undignified poor. They do not love one another because they do not love themselves.’

‘And we will have made great strides in equality,
    when few have too much and fewer too little.’.

How long until corporations can run for office?
    Likes Hard liked this post

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Republicans take the senate majority.

Wait that's not a prediction thats FACT.
    Likes SD45T-2 liked this post