3 9.68%
  • I am for the legalization of Marijuana

28 90.32%
123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram

Default What are your views on legalizing Marijuana?

Do the pros outweigh the cons? Do the cons outweigh the pros?

Btw if a twenty something girl/guy you know in your town suddenly decides to get up and move to Colorado, you know why.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Marijuana was made illegal because paper barons pressured politicians to protect their businesses from hemp growers. As a drug, it's far less dangerous than alcohol. I believe alcohol is involved in over 60% of all violent crimes (maybe even higher). There really is no good reason to ban this substance; the very act of banning something only serves to increase demand and interest in it as Prohibition demonstrated. More people used alcohol during Prohibition than before and after it. By banning it, you drive the product underground, increasing crime. Murders were up 500% during Prohibition. In short, government do-gooders need to look at the problem rationally and decriminalize all drugs.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    yupp

I say legalize it
    -not harmful to most people
    -alcohol and tobacco are legal to adults and cause more deaths every year
    -more revenue for the states which could go back into the community for roads and schools ect
    -more jobs
    -less trees being killed, since hemp (I know not exactly the same thing we're talking about) can be used to make paper and other products
    -harder for children to get their hands on (not impossible) since it will be regulated and would be required to show id

cons
    -can cause psychosis IF the person is predisposed to it

-
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Absolutely 100% for.

When my prescription migraine medication (Imitrex) fails me, marijuana has taken the edge off both the pain & nausea (I'm by no means a regular user; I dislike highs that make you sleepy- weed makes me very sleepy). I've had migraines that have sent me to the ER from pain (where I got the brainscan that's now my avatar) - I was given morphine as well as fentanyl on IV (basically rich man's heroin). Neither of which touched the pain of the migraine, at all. Opiates/opiods carry far greater health risks than weed. It's just absurd.

As smoking isn't healthy for your lungs, It'd be cool to develop a wider range cannabinoid ingestibles out there aside from cannabutter (used in baked goods).
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Banned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Legalize it. Pros outweigh the cons. For the people anyway. There's plenty of groups out there that will keep fighting to not have it legalized:

http://www.republicreport.org/2012/m...lobby-illegal/

It's safer than alcohol, a great pain reliever, and oh so taxable! What's not to love? I live in Washington state and got a referral from my geneticist to see a doctor for medical cannabis for my EDS. As much as I'd like to move back home, it's stuff like this that makes me re-think it. I don't want to go to jail for this.

@Lexicon have you tried using a tincture? I made some with grain alcohol. Downside is that it's a bit of a pain to make at home.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Legalize it. Pros outweigh the cons. For the people anyway. There's plenty of groups out there that will keep fighting to not have it legalized:

http://www.republicreport.org/2012/m...lobby-illegal/

It's safer than alcohol, a great pain reliever, and oh so taxable! What's not to love? I live in Washington state and got a referral from my geneticist to see a doctor for medical cannabis for my EDS. As much as I'd like to move back home, it's stuff like this that makes me re-think it. I don't want to go to jail for this.

@Lexicon have you tried using a tincture? I made some with grain alcohol. Downside is that it's a bit of a pain to make at home.
    No, I haven't tried a tincture, but I'd be willing to. I'm very happy to live in CA for this reason.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

WALMART

It is a literal travesty against society, this war on drugs.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

The only thing I object to with marijuana is the smell. So I say no on that account, the smell makes me vomit.

Imagine it being everywhere!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.