User Tag List

First 345

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Supposedly 95% voted to join Russia. That is absurd. You can't even get 95% of people to agree on which way is up.

Ethnic Russians make up about 58% of the Crimean population. That does not explain a 95% vote. Roughly 24% are ethnic Ukrainians. Tatars make up around 12% of the population, and they hate pretty much anything and everything Russian/Soviet, which is understandable considering what Stalin did to them.
    Interestingly, 80% or so of the U.N. observers present in Crimea to observe the election were from the Russian Security Council.

Also interestingly, there are Serb volunteers along for the ride with their Russian allies in the peninsula that aided in guarding ballet boxes, which, if you can recall the Serbs' recent history in dealing with Islamic peoples, would explain the absence of some Tartar voters. Add this along with militant pro-Russians present around said ballot boxes, and the picture becomes clearer.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Putin is ESFJ. He's traditionalist drama queen - lamenting about the old empire, blaming the west for everything, and loves to use public shamings to get things done.
    He sure seems obsessed with his public image. Hence the ridiculous pictures of Putin as a judoka, Putin with a rifle, topless Putin fishing and hunting in Siberia, Putin with Ray-Bans...
    He looks very gay and very emotional somehow.

"A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    He looks very gay and very emotional somehow.
    I wouldn't be surprised to find out that a scud missile landed in his poop deck during his days as a recruit - it's practically a rite of passage for gentle looking blond boys in the Russian armed forces.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Riva

Although i DON'T doubt the results of the results of the referendum this invasion is a step back towards interracial harmony. Any country that has people if their ethnicity living in another if powerful enough gets to dictate terms or worst invade that country.

Same thing could happen to taiwan as @lowtech redneck mentioned.

And if not for the americans south korea should be worried too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    We should never forget, because the Russians haven't, that during the 1917-1918 civil war in Russia, the Western powers actively fought on the side of the White Russians against the Red Russians.

In fact Australian soldiers earned more Victoria Crosses (our highest honour) fighting on the side of the White Russians than ever before.
    The third world was is going to start when australia annexes new zealand.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Interestingly, 80% or so of the U.N. observers present in Crimea to observe the election were from the Russian Security Council.

Also interestingly, there are Serb volunteers along for the ride with their Russian allies in the peninsula that aided in guarding ballet boxes, which, if you can recall the Serbs' recent history in dealing with Islamic peoples, would explain the absence of some Tartar voters. Add this along with militant pro-Russians present around said ballot boxes, and the picture becomes clearer.
    It seems I was a bit off. I am now hearing that the vote was actually 97%.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JustAMind View Post
    I understand Russian POV, they can't afford to lose military presence in Crimea. If I was in charge of Russia I would do the same, protect my state's interest.
    Russia is of course hypocritical about this, they can't say it in the open so they make up some bogus reasons to intervene. Also they wouldn't be so eager to
    grant a referendum to Chechen people.

At the same time UE/USA are on even higher level of hypocrisy. It's absurd how they say Russians broke international
    law, yet they support a government that has ZERO legitimacy. They support an illegal coup of democratic government(no matter how you'd rate the job they have done).
    Interestingly not long ago EU countries passed a law that allows them to call in police and military from other EU countries in similar situation. USA calls it unprecedented
    revision of boarders while they(NATO) did similar thing in Balkans, splitting Yugoslavia and giving independence to Kosovo. Also US invades wherever it wants for
    whatever made-up reason (vide Iraq).

It's all game of thrones, there's no good and evil here.

I think the same.
    Disinformation is a hard art. Go back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    The third world [war] was is going to start when australia annexes new zealand.
    No need mate, New Zealand is already part of our Constitution.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Although i DON'T doubt the results of the results of the referendum
    Are you aware that during this so-called "referendum", 123% of the population of Sevastopol area voted "yes"?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...mother-russia/

It's a big joke! We're back in the Soviet era!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Are you aware that during this so-called "referendum", 123% of the population of Sebatopol area voted "yes"?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...mother-russia/

It's a big joke! We're back in the Soviet era!
    Ah I didn't know. I am against it by the way. I have made it clear before.

This is a huge threat to democracy eventhough they claim - and assuming that they did - keep the referendum fairly. It implies that there cannot be racial harmony among people of different ethnicities and that they can't co-exist and look forward to the well being of a country that they live in. And if I am not mistaken Ukranians and Russians are both Slavic and belong to the Greek-Orthodox church. Even with such fundamental similarities if two ethnicities are forced to find differences and separate what hope is there for most other nations.

Also this will initiate minority-phobia around the world.

Sigh!