First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ozones View Post
    That type 6 thing can be a bitch, i know.

There there.
    Don't blame the kettle, there, pot. Snark-wise, I'd say you're right up there.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Don't blame the kettle, there, pot. Snark-wise, I'd say you're right up there.
    lol there's necessary snark and unecessary snark. Its all about when and where. Ja feel?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

@Chanaynay ummm no I did not. What i said was that he had a know it all vibe similar to that of all NTs. Maye learn to read and get rid of that snarky tone
    "And based on the statement that argument suck, I can rule out ENTP as your type. Perhaps NT altogether."

And I will wear whatever tone I choose to.

Pregnant women will still find ways to get an abortion, even if they're outlawed. It's like @cafe said, and they'll just be less safe since they wouldn't be legitimate. But I guess you don't care about the pregnant woman, like you said, and it's all about the baby. But I agree with Nico saying that potentiality arguments suck. It would be a very different world if Obama had been aborted, or Abe Lincoln, and so on. But the world also may have been a better place if a lot of people HAVE been aborted. Jack the ripper, the various angels of death, etc. Even then, the adopted baby could have been born with fetal alcohol syndrome, down syndrome, autism, and more. If the baby turns out fine, well @skylights and @prplchknz already touched on this but adoption doesn't necessarily secure it a fine quality of life. This argument basically goes both ways, as there's not just potential in a developing human being but there's also potential in leaving it out of this world. This baby might just be the one who kills the person who DOES find the cure for cancer. So trying to maximize the world's potential is irrelevant because anything can happen, we decide our own fate - that is the beauty of being human.

Now, onto whether abortion is a murder or not:

Quote Originally Posted by http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/14767059209161911
    For the fetus to be described as sentient, the somatosensory pathways from the periphery to the primary somatosensory region of the cerebral cortex must be established and functional. Fetal behaviour is described and the development of the underlying anatomical substrate and the chemical and electrical pathways involved in the detection, transmission, and perception of somatosensory stimuli are reviewed.

It is concluded that the basic neuronal substrate required to transmit somatosensory information develops by mid-gestation (18 to 25 weeks), however, the functional capacity of the neural circuitry is limited by the immaturity of the system. Thus, 18 to 25 weeks is considered the earliest stage at which the lower boundary of sentience could be placed.
    This is basically where I draw the line. First trimester is definitely THE time to terminate one's pregnancy, because the cells inside you have not developed enough to make a sentient human being. I don't see that as murder since it's not yet cognizant, responsive, conscious, feeling, etc - all the things that make us alive and human. Sure, symbolically you can see it as a baby from the start of conception, but scientifically it's not. And symbolism/interpretation varies from person to person. Past that, I probably wouldn't agree with terminating pregnancy - especially if one's taken the time to wait around that long no matter how hard of a decision it can be.

And I have no problem if someone decides to keep the pregnancy and either raise the baby or give it up to adoption. What I DO have a problem with is when people self-righteously try to force pregnancies on women that don't want them. Possibility of the child's potential and whether it's murder or not aside - as that's more of a subjective matter, all forcing a pregnancy would do would cause damage to the women carrying the children - physical and mental. Most psychological trauma would be rape victims forced to carry the baby of their rapist. Some women may even die due to birth complications. While these are all just possibilities, they do happen, with no positive possibilities to balance them out other than how the children might turn out, but even then I covered how that's basically nullified by other possibilities.

That's my take on the situation.

That type 6 thing can be a bitch, i know.

There there.
    Ad hominems don't make your arguments more relevant bub.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Banned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram

Funny how you completely left out the last part of my sentence . Also my level of interest is not high enough to read that wall of text. Sorry not happening.
    @Chanaynay

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

lol there's necessary snark and unecessary snark. Its all about when and where. Ja feel?
    Nope. I don't feel ja. In fact, putting down someone using snark in fact, seems incredibly unnecessary to me. It can in fact signal a lack of perspective, potential power tripping and elitists attitudes that in fact could prove hazardous to the environment of said person - and said person themselves. Time will tell if that is the case, though. For now, it's just unpleasant, unnecessary and hypocritical.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Funny how you completely left out the last part of my sentence .
    I didn't feel like it was relevant because it just felt like an attack on him rather than an actual thought.

Also my level of interest is not high enough to read that wall of text. Sorry not happening.
    @Chanaynay
    As long as you know your arguments are basically irrelevant now since you didn't taken the time to become more fully informed that's fine with me.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think there is a huge disconnect here in the States where we all argue ideology without wanting to do the follow through, because of "freedom of speech." There's no cost. Just slap some rules on things to stop what some consider the overt evil, but pretty much it leaves the cost of one person's morality on another person's shoulders... and usually someone far less equipped to deal. (Maybe that's the part that bothers me the most: People impose their morality at no cost to themselves but high cost to others. Typically, if you want to hold a particular standard, you need to bear the burden for it as well.)
    This so much. Crazy-making business, I say.

Coupled with this myth of moral decay. Life was so much better when there were laws against things like abortion, kids were allowed to work, and being pregnant without being wed made you into a social outcast and all that stuff.

Well, it wasn't It didn't force people to be more responsible. It forced them to be more desperate. Smothering or poisoning babies, abandoning them...dreading sex with one's husband because of the possibility of yet another pregnancy. The really lucky ones may have got taken in by other relatives that could afford to raise them. Kids working instead of going to school or dropping out to help support their families. I'm really not sure what kind of imaginary past people are conjuring up when they advocate a return to laws that didn't work in the first place.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

@Chan: I completely agree. Let's let women decide what they do with *their* bodies, shall we?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Banned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram

@Chanaynay it wasnt an attack. You misinterpreted. My dad's an INTJ and we joke with him about his know it allness all the time. Its in jest, dont take everything everyone says so seriously or it will be hard for you.

No, sweetie im so confidant imo that yours + your aggressive/attacking tone makes me not respect your opinion and therefore i have no need to read all that. But if assuming something else makes you feel better, go for it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

No, sweetie im so confidant imo that yours + your aggressive/attacking tone makes me not respect your opinion and therefore i have no need to read all that. But if assuming something else makes you feel better, go for it.
    If you actually read the post you'd see it wasn't aggressive at all.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so