User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 194

  1. #61
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozones View Post
    Be responsible so you can live your life with no nuisance child needing things from you (so sad people actually think this way though, having a child is a huge blessing). Act irresponsibly, deal with the consequences. The end.
    Lol. I suggest you read this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Pills fail due to illness, condoms break, and people get raped.


    pro death (the term pro 'choice' is laughable and simply a marketing tool)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maternal_death

    Now who is the pro-death one again?

    Honestly, I don't see how pro-choice is pro-death at all. It's all there in the name. If you think you should live up to the responsibilities if you get pregnant (even if you get raped apparently since you're so adamant about it), then fine don't get an abortion. I won't stop you, I don't think most will. We don't want to force abortions on anyone. All the pro-choice (do these sides really need names? I think it's not that black and white) people are arguing for is for abortion to be an OPTION. We're not forcing people who don't want abortions to get them - we just think, if a woman doesn't want a child, she should have the right to not damage her body and risk her life and abort it. Doesn't mean some women can still keep the baby and give it up for adoption if they want.

    Edit: I really don't like the all the "we"s I threw out there but meh, too lazy to change up this post.

    Sounds extreme, but honestly I think that everyone who gets "pro-life" policies (aka denying women abortions) into the system should collectively take the responsibility for the death of every woman who dies of birth complications due to a fetus she was forced to carry.

    Also, @Nicodemus is about as INTJ as INTJ gets. My ENFP radar doesn't lie.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  2. #62
    deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe
    I was kind of thinking they should be in school.
    I'm not suggesting we chain them to the deep fryer. Let them wash dishes for two or three hours a day. Convert all orphanages to work placement centers and we can even give them uniforms and call it the "Oompa Loompa Corps".

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe
    If abstinence programs worked, we wouldn't have the highest teen pregnancy rate in the developed world.
    The popular culture is saturated with pro-sex imagery and messages. I think there should be a national pro-abstinence program targetting teens. I haven't seen one; use the funding for planned parenthood (which is treating the disease and ignoring the symptom). On every porn DVD, we need to mandate they include pictures of people stricken with STDs like they do with cigarettes and we should put out ads of people who've screwed up their lives by having kids out of wedlock as a warning, like those cigarette ads.

    Also, you are wrong about abstinence programs not working:

    Evidence on the Effectiveness of Abstinence Education: An Update

    "Sixteen studies examined abstinence programs that were primarily intended to teach abstinence. Of these 16 studies, 12 reported positive findings. The other six studies analyzed virginity pledges, and of these six studies, five reported positive findings. Overall, 17 of the 22 studies reported statistically significant positive results, such as delayed sexual initiation and reduced levels of early sexual activity, among youths who have received abstinence education."

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis
    There is a happy medium - more than one, in fact - between the life of a couch potato and the workhouse.
    Correct. At present, we're more towards the couch potato end of the spectrum and it's all by design. There are laws, recent laws, that restrict the hiring of interns.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    240

    Default

    @cafe I disagree. Making it illegal will force people to behave responsibly. As long as there is an option like abortion out there people will behave without care because there are no consequences. Also, what does it say about us as a society when we go around killing babies and not giving them a chance?

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    240

    Default

    @Nihilogen lmao
    @Chanaynay Ha i thought so, in regard to @Nicodemus I figured he was some sort of xNTJ. My guess is type 8 as well.

  5. #65
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozones View Post
    @cafe I disagree. Making it illegal will force people to behave responsibly. As long as there is an option out like abortion out there people will behave without care because there are no consequences. Also, what does it say about us as a society when we go around killing babies and not giving them a chance?
    http://www.businessinsider.com/kermi...-by-dea-2013-4

    http://www.businessinsider.com/ashle...stimony-2013-4

    it be more of this, it wouldn't work. yes some women would keep the babies, to term, but remember the army
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/kermi...-by-dea-2013-4

    http://www.businessinsider.com/ashle...stimony-2013-4

    it be more of this, it wouldn't work. yes some women would keep the babies, to term, but remember the army
    Theres no army brah

  7. #67
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozones View Post
    Theres no army brah
    prove it. I think they don't want us to know, because we could stop them, I'm only one person so I can't
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    prove it. I think they don't want us to know, because we could stop them, I'm only one person so I can't
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

  9. #69
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozones View Post
    pish posh
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  10. #70
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozones View Post
    @cafe I disagree. Making it illegal will force people to behave responsibly. As long as there is an option like abortion out there people will behave without care because there are no consequences. Also, what does it say about us as a society when we go around killing babies and not giving them a chance?
    Because desperate people obey laws? My great aunt had an abortion. She was born in . . . either 1912 or 1914. She had the abortion long before Roe V Wade made it legal.

    Making abortion illegal has no effect on affluent women. They can afford to go where it is legal. Poor women cannot. They will choose to go to illegal, unregulated, often unsafe providers.

    What does it say about our society that a quarter of our children are in poverty and that nearly half of them are low-income? I think it says we don't give a shit about poor kids once they take their first breath. We are, as prp says, like a third world country in many ways. Here is something to read that explains it more succinctly than I can. But how do you not see the poverty and misery all around you? Or do you just not recognize it for what it is?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Similar Threads

  1. Is dialogue possible and what if its not?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 11:29 PM
  2. McCain a maverick? Not if the Mavericks have anything to say about it!
    By IlyaK1986 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 05:34 PM
  3. Has anyone heard of Global Dimming and if so what are your thoughts on it??
    By ladypinkington in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO