that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I wish they actually had some kind of plan and real use for these kids. They don't. If they do, it's more about keeping the costs of labor down than anything cool. Mostly, though, it's just punitive. They don't want poor people having any relief from their misery and they want to punish (with children ) poor people and people (or at least women) they consider immoral for having sex. I think it is because they need some way to feel superior and since they aren't getting any, this is an easy way to feel superior.

Some of them mean well, no doubt, but they will not support policies that we know reduce abortions like comprehensive sex education, access to contraceptives, equal pay/job protection for women, paid family leave, universal healthcare, high quality childcare, and a realistic safety net. They care about the kid until it's born, then they want to cut food stamps.

Foster care here is pretty awful and generally, white children under the age of six in groups of two or less are what are adoptable. The other kids often don't find adoptive families or they go to families for whom caring for these kids is a source of income. My sister-in-law does this. She does take good care of the kids, but the money is a factor, as in, we need more money so we will have to get another kid. She is one of the good ones and she thinks this way.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I wish they actually had some kind of plan and real use for these kids. They don't. If they do, it's more about keeping the costs of labor down than anything cool. Mostly, though, it's just punitive. They don't want poor people having any relief from their misery and they want to punish (with children ) poor people and people (or at least women) they consider immoral for having sex. I think it is because they need some way to feel superior and since they aren't getting any, this is an easy way to feel superior.

Some of them mean well, no doubt, but they will not support policies that we know reduce abortions like comprehensive sex education, access to contraceptives, equal pay/job protection for women, paid family leave, universal healthcare, high quality childcare, and a realistic safety net. They care about the kid until it's born, then they want to cut food stamps.

Foster care here is pretty awful and generally, white children under the age of six in groups of two or less are what are adoptable. The other kids often don't find adoptive families or they go to families for whom caring for these kids is a source of income. My sister-in-law does this. She does take good care of the kids, but the money is a factor, as in, we need more money so we will have to get another kid. She is one of the good ones and she thinks this way.
    I have a hard time believing that there isn't a plan.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

WALMART

George Carlin joke.

They care about you before you're born, but once you're out, good luck...

UNTIL YOU'RE EIGHTEEN!

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by cafe
    I wish they actually had some kind of plan and real use for these kids.
    Lower the minimum wage (I'm thinking $1.25/hour) and the working age (I'm thinking about 12) and let them work at McDonalds or any other business who could use cheap labor. That way, the kid learns personal responsibility, the businesses get bigger profits, and we get cheaper happy meals.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Lower the minimum wage (I'm thinking $1.25/hour) and the working age (I'm thinking about 12) and let them work at McDonalds or any other business who could use cheap labor. That way, the kid learns personal responsibility, the businesses get bigger profits, and we get cheaper happy meals.
    We should skip that step and do debtor's prisons and work houses. Screw Tiny Tim and his tiny little crutch.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I have a hard time believing that there isn't a plan.
    If there is a plan, it's like this:
    These people actually think this way and they are not even joking.
    ~ John Rogers

Grind the children up for food. Convert urban slums into "human-farms."

Sorry, I felt the urge to say something dark.