User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 174

  1. #81
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    how are you not blind?
    He is, he reads 6pt in brail. Don't ask me how this works on a computer, you it's just too complex.

  2. #82
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    He is, he reads 6pt in brail. Don't ask me how this works on a computer, you it's just too complex.
    It's the latest and greatest haptic feedback technology.

  3. #83
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    He is, he reads 6pt in brail. Don't ask me how this works on a computer, you it's just too complex.
    I've heard it's the same technology that blind people use when they drive cars to the ATM machines.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #84
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I read stickies, cuz they're stickies. but clicking FAQ is just to much effort
    I've never read the posting rules here. I've just sort of guessed what they were based on what people have said about them over the years.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  5. #85
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I've never read the posting rules here. I've just sort of guessed what they were based on what people have said about them over the years.
    I've never read them either, here or at PerC. I always assume they are unreadably long and boring with legal terminology designed to confuse people. But, I did know that it wasn't allowed to criticize the mods or defy them; I wasn't banned for something which I didn't know was against the rules. But I meant it as a joke, and I wasn't allowed to appeal. @TreeBob : How can I pm you on PerC when my account is banned? And I don't think I should have to go to another forum (this one) and by chance run into you in order to have a chance to appeal and explain myself. What if I simply had never heard of TypoC? Like probably lots of other people who are unjustly banned? I recognize that most people are probably banned for good reason, but given that roughly 1/3 of the posts in older threads show 'banned' next to the user's name, I think you should admit that at least a few people are victimized by your policies and not given a chance to appeal.

    A few people have come on here to flame; that isn't my goal, and I'm glad the mods were able to prune in cases where people's names are mentioned, for example. Protecting privacy is one of the things I believe mods are good for.

  6. #86
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Some more flaming has been removed. Beatings will continue until morale improves.

    We don't care what you think of other forums, and we'd like to keep inter-forum drama off of TypoC. Also, there's quite a bit of crossover between forums, including mods and admins. They're not mods and admins here, just regular members, so as it happens, you are insulting TypoC members when you flame them here. And that's not okay with us.
    Okay, but why are you annoyed? I thought I was very polite; I am not attempting to create drama, rather I am trying to gather information, which is why I asked the questions I did. Since I was permabanned without explanation or the right of appeal on PerC, I thought it would be okay to ask about similar experiences to make sure that mine was typical. Since there is forum crossover, as you say, you are acknowledging the existence of a relationship. It doesn't seem fair to then turn around and say that any mention of that relationship or questions about crossover in banning policy constitutes 'drama'. That wasn't my purpose at all. Other people have come in and added it.

  7. #87
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    I can't comment on your specific ban because I don't know what your username was. If you really want to discuss your specific issue you are free to send me a PM.
    As I addressed in another post, I don't think I should have to go around to other forums in order to have my case heard; much less should I have to do it with private messages. However, since I have volunteered the subject in public here, I would be willing to try and resolve it in public. I am perfectly confident that I did nothing wrong, and this could provide all the other banned members an example of a successful appeal process. You can obviously see that I am reasonable and perfectly civil; there is no reason to be afraid of me throwing a fit if you for some reason decline to reinstate me.

    My username was Kollenhausen.

    Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    As for differences in modding, our style reflects the ownership and staff. Every forum is different and they all change their style over time. You also have to understand that PerC is a lot bigger than Typo and we have a lot more issues to deal with all the time. I have been a mod there for a long time now and I have survived many forum dramas over my time. During each one of these periods we go through changes in the way we moderate the forum. Be that by adding new rules, re-defining existing ones or removing out-dated ones.

    PerC definitely has a lower tolerance than this forum does when it comes to trolling or drama. We have been burned in the past with large splits when the mod team had let things build up and get out of control. Due to this we have a general policy of not allowing members to publicly call out mods and or speaking about specific decisions made by mods. We require people to do this by PM or "contact us" only. For the most part the infractions and bans should all show up in the correct forum with explanation and if needed I do overturn bans and infractions that my staff make. I am not always aware of every situation that goes on in the forum, so if there is an issue with one of staffs decisions then I need to be made aware of it. I can assure you that I am fairly unbiased in my decision making no matter what the rumours around here may suggest. It just happens that a lot of the formerly banned people come to this forum as a refuge, and like to make things public by telling their side of the story.
    Sure, I can understand that. But how do you expect people to appeal when there is no process available? I was permabanned without previous warning of any kind, and as far as I knew, there was no possible way of appealing unless I created a new account with another email, which I did to 'start over'. I thought that this was a semi-acceptable way of coming back to the forum, so long as you 'lay low' for a while; however, it seems it wasn't as I got rebanned without warning the next day. I could have used a proxy server like a YouTube video maker I've heard does, but I got the message that the staff didn't just want me to 'restart'; they were apparently out to get me personally, and not just that specific account.

    Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    If there are specific questions anyone has for me regarding the way we moderate please ask away. Please keep it civil though so the staff here don't have to deal with anything.
    As I say, I'd like my whole case laid out here in public. Obviously no real names, but go ahead and do usernames, etc.

  8. #88
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    I've never read them either, here or at PerC. I always assume they are unreadably long and boring with legal terminology designed to confuse people. But, I did know that it wasn't allowed to criticize the mods or defy them; I wasn't banned for something which I didn't know was against the rules. But I meant it as a joke, and I wasn't allowed to appeal. @TreeBob : How can I pm you on PerC when my account is banned? And I don't think I should have to go to another forum (this one) and by chance run into you in order to have a chance to appeal and explain myself. What if I simply had never heard of TypoC? Like probably lots of other people who are unjustly banned? I recognize that most people are probably banned for good reason, but given that roughly 1/3 of the posts in older threads show 'banned' next to the user's name, I think you should admit that at least a few people are victimized by your policies and not given a chance to appeal.

    A few people have come on here to flame; that isn't my goal, and I'm glad the mods were able to prune in cases where people's names are mentioned, for example. Protecting privacy is one of the things I believe mods are good for.
    I tried to talk to treebob, about why I was banned, and he just kept saying "you know why." And I was like "actually I don't" (after I had asked about 3 times) and then he gave me a very specific example "you were trolling" and that's all he would say! haha. Good luck.

    I never intentionall trolled. And as someone here pointed out, often ENTPs just naturally can come off as trolling, when they're really just genuinely trying to spark interesting conversations, and 99% of the time, that is exactly what happened. To this day, I have no idea why I was banned. A few people over there "retired" when I got banned they were so sick of it.

    I mean, like you said about 1/3 of the people on any given thread has been banned haha, but you look at their profiles and they have like 5,000 posts and 2,000 likes and you BAN those people?? C'mon dude. There are some true narcissists running that site, so good luck trying to reason with them.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

  9. #89
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I tried to talk to treebob, about why I was banned, and he just kept saying "you know why." And I was like "actually I don't" (after I had asked about 3 times) and then he gave me a very specific example "you were trolling" and that's all he would say! haha. Good luck.

    I never intentionall trolled. And as someone here pointed out, often ENTPs just naturally can come off as trolling, when they're really just genuinely trying to spark interesting conversations, and 99% of the time, that is exactly what happened. To this day, I have no idea why I was banned. A few people over there "retired" when I got banned they were so sick of it.

    I mean, like you said about 1/3 of the people on any given thread has been banned haha, but you look at their profiles and they have like 5,000 posts and 2,000 likes and you BAN those people?? C'mon dude. There are some true narcissists running that site, so good luck trying to reason with them.
    I have to disagree. I think @TreeBob genuinely wants to fix the problems; they are probably just stressed with all the past abuses, and are a little trigger-happy with the perma-bans. The biggest problem I have, in retrospect, is that there is no appeal process that I know of. However, I am willing to negotiate with him on this thread so that others can see how it plays out. If I am willing to have what I said and did put on this thread, then I think he will be willing to explain the mods reasoning on this thread. I'm sure we can resolve it to the satisfaction of all concerned.

  10. #90
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    @TreeBob : never mind the request for a public forum where we go over my record; I received advice from an experienced member to avoid this kind of thing because others will probably interfere even if everything between you and me goes smoothly. Not that I am slighting other members, but this sort of thing does tend to get out of hand, or so I am told. So, I want kudos from any TypoC mods who read this for not continuing to lobby for a public discussion!

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] Observational Differences Between the ENTJ and the INTJ
    By Ezra in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 07:02 PM
  2. [MBTItm] A Difference Between XNTJ types and XNTP types
    By Mondo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 07:49 PM
  3. Differences between ESTP/ISTP and ENTJ
    By BlueScreen in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 09:03 PM
  4. Difference Between the Congress and the Market?
    By nomadic in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 01:29 AM
  5. Difference Between the ESTJ and the ENTJ
    By Ezra in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 07:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO