User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    This place can also feel like "Blue's Home for Imaginary Friends" sometimes. But that's kinda Fi, ain't it?
    Less Fi, more iNtuition, whether introverted or extroverted attitude.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Less Fi, more iNtuition, whether introverted or extroverted attitude.
    Well, INTPf is even moreso, IMO.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Well, INTPf is even moreso, IMO.
    Don't have a feel for INTPf but INTPC is/was reminiscent of clumping kitty litter.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Don't have a feel for INTPf but INTPC is/was reminiscent of clumping kitty litter.
    INTPCentral seems to be dead.

The entire membership got sick of dealing with system issues or something, and Ptah rebooted the site elsewhere (INTPComplex) and literally everyone jumped ship.

It's like a ghost ship now.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

If that's how they run things, getting banned was a gift.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If that's how they run things, getting banned was a gift.
    Yeah, it really was. I was kind of looking to get banned, but then I changed my mind, so I just joked about it. And I said that since the policy said that defying the mods was a way to get banned, in theory the abstract statement "I am defying the mods" should get me banned because the only reason a specific act of defiance gets you banned is because it fits into the abstract statement "defying the mods". So, I said, "I defy the mods", and then made an argument for why I deserved to be banned for two weeks. And then they permabanned me. But it was absurd, I mean, isn't that obviously a joke?

I think it was Garbage who said the important thing is to keep the conversation going.

This is fairly civilized, and only things that will stop the conversation are unwelcome.

It does though require a high level of sophistication and maturity.

And sophistication and maturity are part of the tradition of moderation on Typology Central.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Yay, more irrelevant forum dirt-dishing...!

The majority of people over there who get banned had it coming. I might have seen you banned, but I can't remember what I read at this point... some are really non-events, I wasn't really paying attention.

This forum does allow a lot more speech on things that might get you banned over there, so you'll probably be fine here as long as you're not a total asshat.
    This is very relevant! Typologycentral is a total experience; the goal is for us to gradually learn every detail about each other's lives. Only then will we truly understand typology...

I agree that many people have it coming; however, often they ban good and knowledgeable users. If you're ignorant, that's one thing; if you make a valuable contribution to the forum dialogue, that should be weighed before they ban you. Admittedly, my contribution was rather minimal, but I think I was as good as the average serious user. Also, I never trolled, never offended anyone, never used excessive language, never did anything except follow the rules to the letter. And I did this through around 400 posts.

I was just banned the other day; I mainly worked out of the main MBTI forum to get it done because that's what another guy did, the gupposed ENTJ who started the ten page "Why INFPs are dumb and pointless" thread. I started the "Why INFPs are smart and pointfull" thread as an example of inverse trolling and to support INFPs! And because I thought it would be fun. For some reason the mods let the ENTJ go and go with blatant and offensive typism; he didn't say he didn't like them, or they were annoying, he did personal stuff and generalized it. They didn't ban him until he started another thread cussing out member Antipode.

I, on the other hand, just wrote a bunch of nonsense about wanting to get banned for two weeks, and then took it all back and said I was joking. I even apologized because I thought I had gone too far with the joke about wanting a two-week ban. If you care to verify what I am saying, just pm member BlondeRJ; she was one of the ones responding to my joke ban threads.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I think it was Garbage who said the important thing is to keep the conversation going.

This is fairly civilized, and only things that will stop the conversation are unwelcome.

It does though require a high level of sophistication and maturity.

And sophistication and maturity are part of the tradition of moderation on Typology Central.
    Trust me, I'll not set out to ruin anything. I don't things in bad taste. Once, on this site, I did try to get my account deleted; however, the mods wouldn't. And I couldn't bring myself to do anything that would really merit banning, and thus I am still here. I think I said that I had become the king of TypologyCentral, but that was the farthest I went.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

double post, sorry