User Tag List

First 715161718 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 174

  1. #161
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    So, I've been accused of being an internet troll...ever since I started posting on internet forums...until just 5 minutes ago.

    I think it's just people who like grouping people they don't find agreeable into an "other", with a label. This time, troll.

    Then they shun you. Shun you for being a "troll".

    But really, it's just a form of internet shaming.

    It kind of hurts...to know that people don't like you.

  2. #162
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    what is a troll?

    (1) Posts inflammatory comments, not to engage in serious conversation, but to "grief" or annoy an online community.

    (2) An obvious glee and elated satisfaction is aroused in them when people join the fight and reply to their deliberately disruptive comments.

    (3) Copies and pastes large blocks of text to exhaust the readers of a topic thread, thus driving away legitimate posters of sincere comments. These blocks of text are often recycled and appeared on a variety of threads.

    (4) Tends to avoid complimenting people who disagree with them, even when those in opposition to the troll make some valid points.

    (5) Shuns any conciliatory statements like "You have obviously spent a lot of time studying this subject, and I'm not certain how to reply to your last remark, so let's shake hands, part as friends, and move on."

    (6) Never ends a debate with "Thanks for the discussion" or "I'll consider what you say" or any other finalizing remark, because they love arguing and disrupting civilized conversations.

    (7) Keeps an argument going a lot longer than a normal person would, to the point where people will start asking a moderator to turn off comments or block the troll. However, sometimes people will do this just because they can't tolerate contrary opinions and are angry at seeing them posted to a thread they enjoyed reading. The mark of a troll is to keep hammering away at a point in an obsessive manner.

    8) Acts innocent when called a troll, and states "I'm just stating a contrary opinion, and you can't handle it", but the reality is they are not innocent, they are trouble-makers who only post inflammatory remarks, rarely contributing any real value or good information to a discussion.

    (9) Starts saying filthy words and making wild accusations when confronted. Their hostility and provoking rhetoric escalates when you ask them if they might be a troll or if they are simply trying to stir up trouble.

    (10) When you mention the name of another well-known forum, Second Life, or blogospheric troll, they defend them and accuse you of not understanding that person because you're a tyrannical censoring fascist or whatever.

    (11) Will try to bring up issues that they are angry about, no matter what the topic of a thread is. For example, they will say things like "sounds like the Open Source movement" or "reminds me of Tea Baggers" or "you're sounding like a typical commie libtard now" or "you sound like some irrational Creationism crank" or "you atheists are all the same", or whatever it is they're hostile toward, in an attempt to start a new argument within the current debate.

    (12) When people realize or are warned that the person is a troll, and the troll is then ignored, and nobody will respond to anything they say, the trolling person tends to give up and go to some other thread. They crave attention and they try to get it by being obnoxious in a juvenile, or scholarly, manner.

    (13) They use a nickname, are anonymous, or use a real sounding name, but do not embed a link to their blog or website in their name, as is common in comment forms. This lack of accountability enables them to get away with saying anything they want, to anybody, and even tell outright lies about what they saw or heard.

    (14) They, when not confronted or exposed sufficiently, will seek to have the last word in an online discussion. When nobody responds to their last troll comment, they will proudly proclaim that they "won" what they fantasize as a "content" or "battle".
    This sounds like...idk...everyone on the internet.

  3. #163
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    "Troll" is a method of marginalizing the opposition, as with "libtard" only a-politically.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #164
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You're too gosh-durned fast. Look back at my edited post.

    ... I'd like to see the Disney version.
    BTW, you, me, The Tiger and The Lady. I'll pitch it to Disney first thing this morning.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

  5. #165
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    "Troll" is a method of marginalizing the opposition, as with "libtard" only a-politically.
    Hey, so if you are a real, genuine troll, then you aren't actually breaking any rules in doing that? Because it's other people's fault for falling for it?

    If so, then I want to be taught to become a troll. It sounds like something that would make me look good to other people online.

    Once I did a long string of posts claiming to be the King of typologycentral.com, but it wasn't up to the level of trolling; it was just being absurd.

    Where can I learn to be a real troll? One that follows all the rules?

  6. #166
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    Hey, so if you are a real, genuine troll, then you aren't actually breaking any rules in doing that? Because it's other people's fault for falling for it?

    If so, then I want to be taught to become a troll. It sounds like something that would make me look good to other people online.

    Once I did a long string of posts claiming to be the King of typologycentral.com, but it wasn't up to the level of trolling; it was just being absurd.

    Where can I learn to be a real troll? One that follows all the rules?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+be+a+troll
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #167
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Thanks, you've given me a stylized, personalized guide for learning to be a troll. I will go on to be the greatest troll of all time.

  8. #168
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I still don't know how I got banned on personality cafe. One day I posted videos and pictures on a forum for my closest friends there and the next day I was banned. It that the ban would never be lifted. I somehow managed to get on just enough to ask a new friend to help me out and when that happened i couldn't login at all. It was as if they got upset that i did that and instead of giving me one warning. I received no such message. I was banned because I supposedly created too many accounts? Which is ridiculous because I only had one account. I created another one because I wanted to know why that happened and ever since then they keep preventing me from even using a new account because of my old account. It is so frustrating. They gave no warning. It wasn't professional at all. People even admit that even asking mods why someone is banned gets them banned. There is fear not freedom on the site. Any advice?

  9. #169
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    I still don't know how I got banned on personality cafe. One day I posted videos and pictures on a forum for my closest friends there and the next day I was banned. It that the ban would never be lifted. I somehow managed to get on just enough to ask a new friend to help me out and when that happened i couldn't login at all. It was as if they got upset that i did that and instead of giving me one warning. I received no such message. I was banned because I supposedly created too many accounts? Which is ridiculous because I only had one account. I created another one because I wanted to know why that happened and ever since then they keep preventing me from even using a new account because of my old account. It is so frustrating. They gave no warning. It wasn't professional at all. People even admit that even asking mods why someone is banned gets them banned. There is fear not freedom on the site. Any advice?
    Find Treebob on this site if he's still active, and explain yourself. Ask forgiveness. He might unban you. He unbanned me, for which I am eternally grateful
    Formerly Lion4!5

  10. #170
    Senior Member TreeBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    Find Treebob on this site if he's still active, and explain yourself. Ask forgiveness. He might unban you. He unbanned me, for which I am eternally grateful
    She was already talked to last month
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

    ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] Observational Differences Between the ENTJ and the INTJ
    By Ezra in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 07:02 PM
  2. [MBTItm] A Difference Between XNTJ types and XNTP types
    By Mondo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 07:49 PM
  3. Differences between ESTP/ISTP and ENTJ
    By BlueScreen in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 09:03 PM
  4. Difference Between the Congress and the Market?
    By nomadic in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 01:29 AM
  5. Difference Between the ESTJ and the ENTJ
    By Ezra in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 07:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO