User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

FigerPuppet

TypoC seems to have turned into a veritable The Hague for crimes against forum posters.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    TypoC seems to have turned into a veritable The Hague for crimes against forum posters.
    Lol, and refugee camp.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    @TreeBob : never mind the request for a public forum where we go over my record; I received advice from an experienced member to avoid this kind of thing because others will probably interfere even if everything between you and me goes smoothly. Not that I am slighting other members, but this sort of thing does tend to get out of hand, or so I am told. So, I want kudos from any TypoC mods who read this for not continuing to lobby for a public discussion!
    Thank you. I was going to ask that you do this anyway. This isn't the appropriate venue for it. Contact TreeBob privately if you'd like to talk about it, as he asked upthread.

MBTI
    yupp

apparently I was on Perc for 6 months and acrued over a 1000 posts, interesting. I mean i sorta remember it if I think about it. And I do have a login.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Are you guys talking about BanCentral?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    My username was Kollenhausen.
    Oh hey. I kinda wondered why you got banned.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I tried to talk to treebob, about why I was banned, and he just kept saying "you know why." And I was like "actually I don't" (after I had asked about 3 times) and then he gave me a very specific example "you were trolling" and that's all he would say! haha. Good luck.

I never intentionall trolled. And as someone here pointed out, often ENTPs just naturally can come off as trolling, when they're really just genuinely trying to spark interesting conversations, and 99% of the time, that is exactly what happened. To this day, I have no idea why I was banned. A few people over there "retired" when I got banned they were so sick of it.

I mean, like you said about 1/3 of the people on any given thread has been banned haha, but you look at their profiles and they have like 5,000 posts and 2,000 likes and you BAN those people?? C'mon dude. There are some true narcissists running that site, so good luck trying to reason with them.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle16930003/
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

'...The researchers described trolling, or commenting online, as the “practice of behaving in a deceptive, destructive, or disruptive manner in a social setting on the Internet, with no apparent instrumental purpose.”'

Trolling "or commenting online"? Doesn't that statement mean everybody who comments online is a troll?

Instead of banning 1/3 of your valued member base, why not then ban everybody who comments on your forum?

I think there must be some kind of cliquey favoritism going on there. I mean, during the infamous Salem witch trials, they had run out of poor old women to murder so when someone started pointing fingers at the wives of the wealthy suddenly they were like - "uh, never mind, that's enough for now."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    'The researchers described trolling, or commenting online, as the “practice of behaving in a deceptive, destructive, or disruptive manner in a social setting on the Internet, with no apparent instrumental purpose.”'

Trolling "or commenting online"? Doesn't that statement mean everybody who comments online is a troll?

Instead of banning 1/3 of your valued member base, why not then ban everybody who comments on your forum?

I think there must be some kind of cliquey favoritism going on there. I mean, during the infamous Salem witch trials, they had run out of poor old women to murder so when someone started pointing fingers at the wives of the wealthy suddenly they were like - "uh, never mind, that's enough for now."
    So you took that whole quoted sentence and highlighted commenting online as the key part?

I have another 4000 people to ban if I want to get up to 1/3 banned.
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    So you took that whole quoted sentence and highlighted commenting online as the key part?

I have another 4000 people to ban if I want to get up to 1/3 banned.
    Sure, I could be more forgiving of the quoted material, as awkward-sounding as it is. But even then, the quoted material uses an incorrect definition of trolling. It describes trolling as a "deceptive, destructive, or disruptive" practice of online commenting. Thus it fails to distinguish the troll from the douchebag.

Other parts of the article describe a troll as a real-life sadist getting his jollies by preying on others online while enjoying the security of online anonymity. However, that could describe either a troll or a douchebag.

The article also describes a troll as having "no apparent instrumental purpose." That's true - although a troll does have a purpose, and sometimes even work in combination with other trolls. Douchebags, on the other hand, often if not always operate alone.