User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What are your news / info sources?

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    451 sx/so
    ENFj Ni

The Bible and My Friend, Michael.
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    You don't see the point.
    You don't have a point to make.

You have made an assertion with no substantiating evidence.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

This thread is my main source of news

edit: eh, not gonna bother moving anything right now

Senior Member Array

I don't pay much attention to the news. I forego reading or listening or watching entirely for days on end. I tend to get most of my news from the five minute news breaks at the top of the hour on CBC Radio One; that is when I'm listening, which is nowhere near as often as I used to.

It all seems like a colossal series of farces to me. Stories manufactured to advance an agenda, stories of dubious origins that are parroted over and over enough times that people believe it: so much of it is just propaganda junk that I can't be bothered. It's all just so ridiculous and seems like such a waste of time to me.

I'll admit I look at every once in a while though. It suffices. Otherwise I leave it to others to ask me, "Have you heard about __________?"

"No, no I haven't, what's that all about?" Sometimes I follow up on these little exchanges, sometimes I don't.

Freaking Ratchet Array Rail Tracer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Politico, Realclearpolitics, CNN, National Review, The American Conservative, Economist, BLoomberg, National Journal, The Atlantic, The National Interest, National affairs, Wall Street Journal, NYT, Wapo, The Federalist

And a bunch of others.
    That reminds me... out of topic but...

The damn Business Department buys so much of the Wall Street Journal that they need to stack them outside our building (the Political Science Department shares the same building.) It was funny when one of my professors was joking about how the Business Department was practically begging people to take all the unused newspapers because they didn't have enough students to make use of the newspapers.

With the fall of Jon Stewart, who will guide us (America)?

Tempbanned Array
    EIE Ni

I don't go to one in particular. I tend to like to read all the major news outlets and blogs, and have no real preference. That way I see all sides of an issue.

Of course, most people don't have the time to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Opal View Post
    With the fall of Jon Stewart, who will guide us (America)?
    If Trevor Noah is half as informative and entertaining as Jon, the Daily Show will still be better than half of the other news programs.

(Also, 'fall'? Kind of a dramatic way to frame 'retirement.')

9w1 sx/sp

Whatever Flipboard decides to feed me. Minus Salon, I generally dislike Salon articles intensely.
    "There is no such thing as spare time, no such thing as down time, no such thing as free time, there is only life time. Go."
    ― Henry Rollins