failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    If that's the case, where do you draw the line? So giving a sick child given medicine is contravening God's will. Is throwing a life preserver to a drowning person contravening God's will? Is performing the Heimlich maneuver?
    No. Then it comes down to each of us to figure it out. It is a complex issue for sure.

For me, I go by the conscience God gave/gives me at the time. This usually means I have sought/would seek medical care if necessary.

I do think there is something to be said for allowing God's will to run its course, as in the days before modern medicine and immunizations. We might not have the overcrowding and starvation and some of the issues we have today. It's hard to know how things would be different. We assume they are better, but perhaps they are not.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Pshaw. My guy doesn't care if I wipe.

In fact, he'd prolly like it better if I didn't...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    God understands that our brain and our heart can and will get us into trouble. That is why He gives His Law as a guidebook to use.

As I said, there is nothing in the Law about disallowing God's will to take it's natural course. In fact there are instances in 'letting God's will be done,' as is stated in the Lord's Prayer.

I guess that is likely hard for modern man to understand since man has been convincing himself he is 'in charge' for a long time now.
    If that was true God wouldn't have given you a brain or a heart

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

This thread topic brings to mind:

Presuming to know God's will. The ultimate fail.

We have resources. Resources the Christian God's creation-- if we were to follow that line of reasoning-- us, mankind-- created for healing. The fact that we could learn that, develop that.. why couldn't that be deemed a miracle to the more spiritual? I'm not even religious and I see how amazingly far we've come. To disregard that -- and let someone (especially a helpless kid) suffer & die due to archaic interpretations of religious text--- is an act of evil, by any sane moral standard, to me.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

They really ought to go after the people teaching this stuff, too, IMO. It's just about the same as hate speech in terms of outcome. It needs to be hard for people preaching this kind of thing to insure their churches. They may not heed common sense or basic logic, but by God, they will heed their insurance agents.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    lmao

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

Well, if you can't use condoms, birth control pills and IUDs and abortions, some people might get creative. Postnatal birth control, especially for morbidly religious folks. Yay!

On-topic: Sickos.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I guess I just can't understand why they aren't grateful to live in a time where you don't have to have a dozen kids to be sure a few survive to adulthood. I can't understand why, when I would almost certainly kill to keep one of my children alive, they balk at something as simple as taking a kid to the doctor. How can these things not be blessings to thank God for? There are parents, who, even with all the technology and knowledge we have today cannot keep their kids alive. They would give anything for it to just take an antibiotic and breathing treatments, etc. And they have no choice but to sit and watch their child die before their eyes. But these people have it in their power to save their children and they just sit and watch them die anyway. I was grateful for vaccinations, but I cried sometimes when my kids received them because they were in pain and they didn't understand. How can you just sit and watch your child die and do nothing? I will never understand it and if I believed God required it I'd become an atheist.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I guess I just can't understand why they aren't grateful to live in a time where you don't have to have a dozen kids to be sure a few survive to adulthood. I can't understand why, when I would almost certainly kill to keep one of my children alive, they balk at something as simple as taking a kid to the doctor. How can these things not be blessings to thank God for? There are parents, who, even with all the technology and knowledge we have today cannot keep their kids alive. They would give anything for it to just take an antibiotic and breathing treatments, etc. And they have no choice but to sit and watch their child die before their eyes. But these people have it in their power to save their children and they just sit and watch them die anyway. I was grateful for vaccinations, but I cried sometimes when my kids received them because they were in pain and they didn't understand. How can you just sit and watch your child die and do nothing? I will never understand it and if I believed God required it I'd become an atheist.
    You could also start believing in a different God.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Girl View Post
    You could also start believing in a different God.
    True.
    ~ John Rogers