User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    The only Law in God's Word that would pertain to this is, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
    What about this one? "...You shall not stand aside while your fellow's blood is shed--I am the LORD." (Leviticus 19:16)

You are basically quoting Lev. 19:19 "You shall love your fellow as yourself--I am the LORD." But the above also says not to stand idle while another person suffers. I don't think the two were meant to be exclusive, rather I think that they support each other.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    I'm guessing that was someone else. Offit is a pediatrician and co-inventor of the rotavirus vaccine. He's written a lot about vaccines and the anti-vaccine movement.
    Oh. Futz.

Just looked it up -- the guy's name was Richard Ofshe ("Making Monsters: False Memories, Psychotherapy, and Sexual Hysteria"). Close enough to confuse me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

"Dear god, please waive me of all responsibility in my life."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

"We believe in divine healing, that Jesus shed blood for our healing and that he died on the cross to break the devil's power."
    I would sentence them to death for failure to recognize a metaphor in its most blatant context.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Does it never occur to these kinds of people to question why largely atheist modern Europe has so many fewer deaths due to illness, especially of children, compared to comparatively religiously devout Europe of a few hundred years ago?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

To have it 'happen' once is ludicrous, but twice? Jesus, where were you?

Perhaps they want their children to meet god as early as pathologically possible.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    To have it 'happen' once is ludicrous, but twice? Jesus, where were you?

Perhaps they want their children to meet god as early as pathologically possible.
    which reminds me of an epic story of John List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    In the Bible, I've already stated it. You are commanded to help your brethren, as if he were a family member. But, again, if you believe such that you wouldn't even treat yourself with medication, or a certain treatment, then that does not apply.

If the MD had used a certain antibiotic, and it failed, and the child died before he could try other antibiotics; or if the child died anyway, would the MD then be sent to prison for the child dying?

In the world, it would depend on each state's definition of 'child abuse.'

EDIT: Science and atheistic doctors and institutionalized medicine (and education) are out of control. Makes sense, because we as we kick God out of our culture, other idols will be served, like man-made medicine and false medical doctrine.
    When you become a parent, you instantly have a legal responsibility to seek care when your child is injured or sick. Legal responsibility. Religious belief plays zero role here. You can believe whatever you like and lay every ounce of personal responsibility at whatever higher power's feet you wish as an adult. You don't get to make this decision for another living, breathing, functioning outside of the womb human.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    A pennsylvania couple has been sent to prison for 3.5-7 years for 3rd degree murder in the death of their 8 month old child whom had pneumonia, and refused to seek medical treatment to treat it.
    Good.

Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.