User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I'm actually pro your suggestion - as long as it includes shielding them from the religion called Science, as well. I was raised under that one - the second I got a chance, I rebelled and choose my own :P
    Well, they'd have to learn something at school... Which would involve science one way or another. I just think they should be exposed to things in a more neutral fashion.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Well, they'd have to learn something at school... Which would involve science one way or another. I just think they should be exposed to things in a more neutral fashion.
    Im talking about Science, not science. I've found that those who worship Science are often just as fundamentalist in their beliefs and pushing them down other peoples' throats as other religious people.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

smh

is that how religion works?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    In the Bible, I've already stated it. You are commanded to help your brethren, as if he were a family member. But, again, if you believe such that you wouldn't even treat yourself with medication, or a certain treatment, then that does not apply.

If the MD had used a certain antibiotic, and it failed, and the child died before he could try other antibiotics; or if the child died anyway, would the MD then be sent to prison for the child dying?

In the world, it would depend on each state's definition of 'child abuse.'

EDIT: Science and atheistic doctors and institutionalized medicine (and education) are out of control. Makes sense, because we as we kick God out of our culture, other idols will be served, like man-made medicine and false medical doctrine.
    omfg. You're actually justifying this?

This is dangerous, and harmful. Literally. There is no other way to put it.

So, you're anti science? Thank god you have no influence over science and medicine.

Really, you're just anti-rational thought, anti-fact, and anti-reason.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Im talking about Science, not science. I've found that those who worship Science are often just as fundamentalist in their beliefs and pushing them down other peoples' throats as other religious people.
    Got it.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    I'm guessing that was someone else. Offit is a pediatrician and co-inventor of the rotavirus vaccine. He's written a lot about vaccines and the anti-vaccine movement.
    Anti-vaccine people need to have their vocal cords ripped out of their throats, their fingers chopped off, and strung around their neck to show the world what horrible and dangerous people they are. They literally are causing measurable harm to the world. There's a lot of mindsets I have a hard time tollerating, but anti-vaccine people (and anti medicine in general) are people I genuinely hate and wish harm upon. They are horrible, horrible people who need to be stopped for the sake of public and world health.

This article absolutely enraged me. I'm actually surprised overall people are as calm about this as they are. These folks, WILLINGLY allowed their child to suffer in the name of some nonsense belief. This is a really really nice illustration of how overblown the freedom of religion laws are becoming. It's a catchall for irresponsible behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    That's the plan.
    Can I be part of this plan?
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

This is truely wrong-headed. Science is not a religion, or a belief system, or an ideology.

The New Age are anti-science and put it around erroneously that science is a religion.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    This is truely wrong-headed. Science is not a religion, or a belef system, or an ideology.

The New Age are anti-science and put it around erroneously that science is a religion.
    Welp, I know some people that could use this memo. All they're lacking in their home is a sacrificial altar, tbh.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    This is truely wrong-headed. Science is not a religion, or a belief system, or an ideology.

As long as science is conducted by humans, it is liable to be all of those things. Science is pure, but scientists are not. It's dangerous to believe otherwise - it's not as if a degree in science confers superhuman powers.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    As long as science is conducted by humans, it is liable to be all of those things. Science is pure, but scientists are not. It's dangerous to believe otherwise - it's not as if a degree in science confers superhuman powers.
    And so we go Through the Looking Glass and meet Alice and Humpty Dumpty -

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.'