User Tag List

First 1220212223 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Which court, based on what ruling?

Did you know courts overturn rulings? Responses like these are useless.
    Obviously he means all courts with all rulings for all time. And the "courts" are never wrong. I mean, the Dred Scott decision never happened, nor did Plessy vs Ferguson, nor Kelo vs New London, nor...
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Thoughts?
    We should be allowed to discriminate against people based upon their beliefs, but not their sexual orientation, gender, or skin color. What makes beliefs different? They are not a static trait.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    What ridiculous propaganda are your perpetrating here? The New Testament was originally written in Ancient Greek, the lingua franca of the Ancient World.
    My apologies Mr. Mole for being imprecise :P I was referring to the old testament.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Article I just posted says different.
    As did the Republican Governor in her apologetical statement as to why she vetoed the bill.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

You know, I've been reading through this thread thinking that there's something really obvious that I'd like to point out but don't quite know how to do it. This pretty much gets there:

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    If I understood Christianity as the religion reflected by the proponents and supporters of these bills, I would think Christianity is a religion that at its very core requires its adherents to do pretty much nothing but judge what is wrong with everyone else, and seek to physically and otherwise impose those judgements in as many arenas as possible. Seems to me that such a religion would in fact equate lack of permission to impose judgement on others one one hand with actual violation of adherents' religious beliefs on the other.

Now if you all will excuse me, I'm off to ruin some straight people's relationships simply by being me. I will post my evening's tally in the morning, if I'm not too busy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    You know, I've been reading through this thread thinking that there's something really obvious that I'd like to point out but don't quite know how to do it. This pretty much gets there:
    Here's another one for you:

I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    A ban on atheists in public office? Wow. Apparently, religious freedom does not include freedom from religion.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    A ban on atheists in public office? Wow. Apparently, religious freedom does not include freedom from religion.
    Not allowing Christians to ban atheists from public office would infringe on their religious freedom. Atheists should be thankful that Christians aren't following their Bible completely, because there are New Testament verses about killing non-believers in there:

"That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman." - 2 Chronicles 15:13 (KJV)

So really, banning atheists from public office is showing atheists mercy compared to what the Bible prescribes. Christians are so merciful!