User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    How many posts have you made about the evils of Pol Pot?

You must support South East Asian genocide then.

I rest my case.
    Poor analogy. If we were discussing genocide and I only cared about the genocide of Americans, then maybe this analogy would work. But we rarely discuss genocide on this forum, probably because everyone agrees that it's wrong.

We discuss the issue of religious freedom on this forum frequently, yet you only comment when there's an event that affects your religion. And it's not like I referenced cases of Muslims being denied the right to build a mosque in other countries. It's happening in the US. It has probably even happened in the state you live in right now. It might have even happened in the city you live in right now. That's a far cry from something that happened on the other side of the world a generation ago that we all agree is wrong.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Poor analogy. If we were discussing genocide and I only cared about the genocide of Americans, then maybe this analogy would work. But we rarely discuss genocide on this forum, probably because everyone agrees that it's wrong.

We discuss the issue of religious freedom on this forum frequently, yet you only comment when there's an event that affects your religion. And it's not like I referenced cases of Muslims being denied the right to built a mosque in other countries. It's happening in the US. It has probably even happened in the state you live in right now. It might have even happened in the city you live in right now. That's a far cry from something that happened on the other side of the world a generation ago that we all agree is wrong.
    You clearly did not read my post from the Volokh Conspiracy at the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/v...ght-to-choose/

It's about Muslim cabbies.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

What did you write? I don't see any posts by DiscoBiscuit.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

What did you write? I don't see any posts by DiscoBiscuit.
    That's right.

Move those goalposts.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    That's right.

Move those goalposts.
    LOL, what?

You linked to a Washington Post article implying that proves you care about religious freedom for Muslims, but I don't see any comments by DiscoBiscuit. If you commented using a different a name, I wouldn't know. That's information you'll have to provide.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

LOL, what?

You linked to a Washington Post article implying that proves you care about religious freedom for Muslims, but I don't see any comments by DiscoBiscuit. If you commented using a different a name, I wouldn't know. That's information you'll have to provide.
    I've got this thing called a job that prevents me from having the time to post like I used to.

But here's the post itself anyway. The fact that I agree with it won't matter to you, but I do.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...36#post2242136

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Oh, so you linked that article and I'm somehow supposed to know something about your views based upon that.

I don't even read most of the articles you link. You link far too many and don't put your own thoughts out there nearly enough (unless you're insulting someone). If all you're going to do is post links, you might as well not even post. You're as useful and annoying as website banner ads.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Oh, so you linked that article and I'm somehow supposed to know something about your views based upon that.

I don't even read most of the articles you link. You link far too many and don't put your own thoughts out there nearly enough (unless you're insulting someone). If all you're going to do is post links, you might as well not even post. You're as useful and annoying as website banner ads.
    I function more like a news aggregator really.

If you didn't read it, that's your problem not mine. And it's pretty easy to get a grasp of my opinions if you read the articles I post.

I would expect you to at least make sure what you accuse me of is accurate before you do so

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

You could easily be replaced with a bot. That would actually be an upgrade because then we'd get the articles we won't read without insecure snide comments.

People not understanding you is their fault, not yours for failing to properly communicate, right? That girl you were after in your relationship thread dodged a bullet not hooking up with you.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

People not understanding you is their fault, not yours for failing to properly communicate, right? That girl you were after in your relationship thread dodged a bullet not hooking up with you.
    There are plenty of fish in the sea buddy.

And there are plenty of folks here that understand me just fine.