First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I think it is unfortunate for Republicans that Christy is turning out to be so much trouble. He was there best shot.
    Bingo. The GOP is already showing signs of "oh shit oh shit what do we do?" early out to this. The thing is, they should have seen this coming from a mile away. It's been pretty darn obvious. IMO I think he is terrible president material, for the exact reasons that he became popular; he's a bonafide asshole. New Jersey is my home state so I have been following him fairly closely. If it came to pass that Cristie was actually on the national stage, this nature of his would become apparent and would at first draw more in, but eventually become so polarizing that it'd self implode.

On a personal level, I have been sitting here with absolutely glee since the scandals he's under first got attention. I really hate him. A lot. Since day one. Not just because of his methods, but because of some of the stuff he's been trying to do and doing in the state. He's no moderate. He's a standard GOP for the northeast. I have been so confounded on why so many people (including some folks I know) actually like him because he was a subborn jerk. Why do people like that (rhetorical)? It makes NO rational sense! Further, him being a jerk was him appealing to emotions to bolster his stances, and it was really glaring. That's already a problem in politics, we don't need anymore of it.

Poor tubby's roasting is starting to become a nice golden brown, and getting exactly what he deserves.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Hillary is a lock.

Rand has an excellent chance of winning at least three of the first four primaries/caucuses as he already has a turn-key political machine in all those states built by his father. If he can do that then he should also be able to gain a big fundraising boost as the deep pockets will start to take him seriously which will in turn give him a better shot against a better funded candidate like a Jeb Bush. I still wouldn't be surprised to see him blow off races with really large media markets like Florida. It will be tight, but I do think Rand will pull it out.
    Unless someone really good comes along for the GOP, I tend to agree with this. The thing is though, he would not last against Hillary. Rand Paul makes too many factual lurches and errors that on the national stage he'll become just like Romney. Too many holes to float. The angry furvor of the GOP base won't be enough to push him over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Unless someone really good comes along for the GOP, I tend to agree with this. The thing is though, he would not last against Hillary. Rand Paul makes too many factual lurches and errors that on the national stage he'll become just like Romney. Too many holes to float. The angry furvor of the GOP base won't be enough to push him over the line.
    I think there's some truth to the idea that his live performances aren't as polished as they could be, but you're talking about a freshman senator who is on a pretty steep learning curve and will be more battle-tested by the time he meets Hillary mano-a-mano. In the mean time he has been making use of his time by taking different shots at her to see what sticks and scripting congressional inquiries for later use in his political ads. The reality is that a national race will be much more complicated than the primaries so whittling the race down to only one aspect and claiming a victor based on it is pretty silly.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

As a Republican, I love that Christie's being exposed for the power hungry, selfish, and arrogant politician that he is. Many of us believe that he deliberately sabotaged Mitten's chances in the final week of the campaign by hugging Obama; this was payback for not being picked Mitt's running mate. That was Christie's fatal error, not this bridge scandal. My dream ticket is a combination of Cruz/Walker/Rand though I wouldn't be upset if Kasich, Rubio, or Perry were on the ticket. I've soured on Paul Ryan.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    As a Republican, I love that Christie's being exposed for the power hungry, selfish, and arrogant politician that he is. Many of us believe that he deliberately sabotaged Mitten's chances in the final week of the campaign by hugging Obama; this was payback for not being picked Mitt's running mate. That was Christie's fatal error, not this bridge scandal. My dream ticket is a combination of Cruz/Walker/Rand though I wouldn't be upset if Kasich, Rubio, or Perry were on the ticket. I've soured on Paul Ryan.
    Wat.

No, just no.

I can stomach most views (even if they make me internally rage). I can respect what you think here about Christie. Up until you said Cruz. He is the biggest lying sack of shit congress has seen in recent history. He lies, lies, and lies ALL the time to achieve his ends (and likely believes most of them, which is scary). The amount of fact twisting and bald faced lies and claims he makes, and the fact that he is still around flabbergasts me. He's essentially an extremely passive aggressive version of Christie. He'd never last on the national stage. Even within most of his party they regard him as a laughing stock not worth respecting. The only reason he's still prominant is because he does not stop, regardless of anything. It's actually scary.

The irony about Cruz is his political insanity (a term I don't use lightly) actually ends up helping the democrats. In some ways it actually makes me want to see him on a ticket. Because he would destroy the GOP's chances completely. They know it too, so he'll never be on.

Sorry, I have absolutely 0% respect for someone who supports Ted Cruz. It's completely unfathomable that someone can stand by him and also have a rational informed mind. It's one of the few things in politics that will actually cause me to speak up online, because it's that bad.

I am not going to even bother addressing the utter disaster that is Perry.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I think there's some truth to the idea that his live performances aren't as polished as they could be, but you're talking about a freshman senator who is on a pretty steep learning curve and will be more battle-tested by the time he meets Hillary mano-a-mano. In the mean time he has been making use of his time by taking different shots at her to see what sticks and scripting congressional inquiries for later use in his political ads. The reality is that a national race will be much more complicated than the primaries so whittling the race down to only one aspect and claiming a victor based on it is pretty silly.
    Rand Paul is interesting to me, because some of the time I actually agree with him, and he pushes for things that are awesome. However, the majority of the time he does things I can't stand, and supports ideas that are out and out terrible. He's got too much of the latter for me to consider supporting him. He's improving on his debating skills and whatnot. The biggest issue he has, for as many super popular ideas and views that he has, he's also got kinda of out there ideas that are alienating to majority. It will be a tough balance.

We're still 2 years out from the election. There's waaaaay too many variables. I'll also be the first to admit I am terrible at debating anyway, so most of the time I keep quiet. The only time I speak up with politics is if I have high confidence I can back myself up, or most would agree with me. At this point, I consider all the speculation all in good fun .

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Hard
    He is the biggest lying sack of shit congress has seen in recent history.
    Ummm, no that would be Senator Barack Obama, the biggest liar we've seen in American politics, period.

He's essentially an extremely passive aggressive version of Christie.
    Christie's problem is abuse of power (the same problem as Obama); what exactly did Cruz do other than what he promised to do while running for Congress?

Sorry, I have absolutely 0% respect for someone who supports Ted Cruz.
    Fortunately, I don't seek hugs or head pats from strangers. I fully understand why the left despises Cruz; it's for the same reason why they hated Reagan.

It's completely unfathomable that someone can stand by him and also have a rational informed mind.
    Cruz defends the Constitution and doesn't try to destroy it like the Dems; simple enough?

I am not going to even bother addressing the utter disaster that is Perry.
    Texas has a $12 billion budget surplus and many of the jobs that Obama takes credit for were created in Texas; meanwhile, Obama's given us a $17 trillion debt. Who's the disaster? Perhaps you should concentrate more on results and actions, and less on style and fluff.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Ummm, no that would be Senator Barack Obama, the biggest liar we've seen in American politics, period.

Christie's problem is abuse of power (the same problem as Obama); what exactly did Cruz do other than what he promised to do while running for Congress?

Fortunately, I don't seek hugs or head pats from strangers. I fully understand why the left despises Cruz; it's for the same reason why they hated Reagan.

Cruz defends the Constitution and doesn't try to destroy it like the Dems; simple enough?

Texas has a $12 billion budget surplus and many of the jobs that Obama takes credit for were created in Texas; meanwhile, Obama's given us a $17 trillion debt. Who's the disaster? Perhaps you should concentrate more on results and actions, and less on style and fluff.

LMAO. Yup, not worth the time.

I'll just end this here by saying, actually, I do not like Obama at all, and I don't support him. He's done some thing I really like, but they're way overshadowed by the bad.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Do you think that can really be stood by as a factual statement?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan
    Do you think that can really be stood by as a factual statement?
    Would I have made that statement were it not true? Do you know of any other American politician who've lied over 100 times to the American people? Look it up on youtube. Here's a brief list from my memory:

1. You can keep your plan if you like your plan, period. (told this lie 24 times)
    2. You can keep your doctor if you like your doctor, period. (told this lie about 10 to 15 times, minimum)
    3. The ACA will save the average household $2500 (told this lie about a dozen times)
    4. The ACA won't add a dime to the deficit.
    5. I won't sign the bill if it costs over $1 trillion. (This is a half-lie because the implication is that he'd not support legislation that costs over $1 trillion; the latest CBO estimate is that it'd cost about $1.7 trillion)
    6. I'm going to go through the budget line by line to cut waste.
    7. This is going to be the most transparent administration ever, lol.
    8. There is not a smidgeon of corruption at the IRS. Not what the IRS inspector general report says.
    9. What I said was, if you like your plan you can keep your plan.....UNLESS it's been changed. (ummm, no he never made that caveat)
    10. He blamed the sequestration cuts on John Boehner but Bob Woodward pointed out that it was Obama's idea.

I can go on (this is just from memory), but if you can find a bigger liar, I'd be happy to admit I'm wrong.