User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Still not seeing it...
    All those folks who want to keep and use guns will join the militia, where they can be taught safe and effective use of the weapons, as well as be trained to contribute to the common defense. Win-win all round.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Still not seeing it...
    Only failed States are governed by militias.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Nice to see California brought down a notch.

Ever since I found out the state funds drugs and surgery for sex changes, even for minors!, I have the desire to force them to secede from the US.
    You do realize that gender identity disorder is a legitimate mental condition defined in the DSM-V, right? And that reassignment therapy and surgery can completely resolve nearly all of the mental anguish associated with it?

Because it is defined as a legitimate medical condition, in the same vein as major mental disorders such as anorexia, schizophrenia, depression, etc. that it is covered by many different insurance plans, and or subsidized and supported by the state.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The point is not just to understand our own culture but to change it.

So you might be interested in joining your great actor, Meryl Streep, who is presently making a movie to change your gun culture.
    Lol.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    All those folks who want to keep and use guns will join the militia, where they can be taught safe and effective use of the weapons, as well as be trained to contribute to the common defense. Win-win all round.
    Even the supposedly well-trained police can't use their guns correctly. They shoot and kill innocent people all the time. Just a couple days ago a cop shot and killed a kid who was holding a Wii Remote. Of course, the official story is that he was holding a gun. That's always the official story.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/attorney...ii-controller/

This type of story happens over and over and over again.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    You do realize that gender identity disorder is a legitimate mental condition defined in the DSM-V, right? And that reassignment therapy and surgery can completely resolve nearly all of the mental anguish associated with it?

Because it is defined as a legitimate medical condition, in the same vein as major mental disorders such as anorexia, schizophrenia, depression, etc. that it is covered by many different insurance plans, and or subsidized and supported by the state.
    I believe the disorder exists.

They do not know why it exists, so how can they know the right treatment?

The fact is, that the disorder is a normal manifestation of an abnormal environment, and reinforcing the disorder by making it more permanent not only makes the problem worse, but does not even address the underlying psychological issues that caused the disorder to begin with, which then will (and does) lead to worse mental illness down the road.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I believe the disorder exists.

They do not know why it exists, so how can they know the right treatment?

The fact is, that the disorder is a normal manifestation of an abnormal environment, and reinforcing the disorder by making it more permanent not only makes the problem worse, but does not even address the underlying psychological issues that caused the disorder to begin with, which then will (and does) lead to worse mental illness down the road.
    My god you are one of the most infuriating people I have ever came across.

There is no "believe", the disorder DOES exist. We KNOW that treatment this DOES work. We can observe the benefits of it and quanitify it. Is it perfect? No, but it's extremely rare for mental conditions to be completely resolved. It's certainly something though.

So because we don't "understand" the disorder, suddenly means we shouldn't treat it? Wow, using that line of thinking, there'd be a WHOLE host of issues we should just ignore for lack of understanding.

Individuals who get sex reassignments, can, and do live happier and healthier lives. As of now, it is all we got. Just because you have moral issues with it, doesn't make it a wrong or devalue it.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

My god you are one of the most infuriating people I have ever came across.

There is no "believe", the disorder DOES exist. We KNOW that treatment this DOES work. We can observe the benefits of it and quanitify it. Is it perfect? No, but it's extremely rare for mental conditions to be completely resolved. It's certainly something though.

So because we don't "understand" the disorder, suddenly means we shouldn't treat it? Wow, using that line of thinking, there'd be a WHOLE host of issues we should just ignore for lack of understanding.

Individuals who get sex reassignments, can, and do live happier and healthier lives. As of now, it is all we got. Just because you have moral issues with it, doesn't make it a wrong or devalue it.
    They don't need the sex change to survive.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    They don't need the sex change to survive.
    So because they don't need it to survive makes it unimportant?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

So because they don't need it to survive makes it unimportant?
    It's greatly important to them.

But much like any cosmetic surgery (no matter how self confidence inspiring [ahem boob jobs]) I don't think my taxes should go toward funding it.

Look at it this way, would you rather feed a starving child or give someone a non lifesaving sex change?

I know how I would answer that question.

Safety net insurance coverage only needs to extend to vital procedures. Anything else is a waste of money that could be better used elsewhere.