User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 192

  1. #11
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I repeat.
    Minority is not a majority.
    So would you say, then, that only a majority race can be racist?

  2. #12
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    So would you say, then, that only a majority race can be racist?
    That's not true. Just reading comic books (Marvel's "Supreme" variation on Nighthawk is case-in-point) highlights this.

    Sorry, I just love offering goofy lit as proof of serious things.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  3. #13
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's not true.
    Well, I don't think it is either, but it seems to be the wildcat's premise.

    I was asking for confirmation.

  4. #14
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's not true. Just reading comic books (Marvel's "Supreme" variation on Nighthawk is case-in-point) highlights this.

    Sorry, I just love offering goofy lit as proof of serious things.
    Or just living life in a heterogeneous society. wildcat has never met a racist black person? Honestly?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  5. #15
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    wildcat has never met a racist black person? Honestly?
    A simple trip to my area would cure anybody of that illusion.

  6. #16
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ExTJ
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    This seems worth its own thread. (But, as usual, please keep away from personal insults, general insults, or other posts along those lines.)

  7. #17
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    So would you say, then, that only a majority race can be racist?
    No.
    I only say it is natural for an African American person to vote Obama for the reason Obama is African American.
    To say such behaviour is racism may be hypocrisy.

  8. #18
    desert pelican Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    717

    Default

    ^Are you saying that it would be an act of enlightened self interest for an African American to vote for an another African American because he would (most likely) look out for their interests? (And this is why it has been said Bill Clinton was the first black president?)

    ? But such a vote wouldn't be motivated solely out of consideration of the recipient's race, but would also be motivated by socio-economic concerns.

    I'm confused.

  9. #19
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    No.
    I only say it is natural for an African American person to vote Obama for the reason Obama is African American.
    To say such behaviour is racism may be hypocrisy.
    A) Why is it voting for someone of your own race "natural?"

    B) Why would it be hypocritical to suggest that voting for someone solely on the basis of his/her race is racist?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  10. #20
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default Shallow begets narrow

    Geez, guys.

    Way to miss the point...

Similar Threads

  1. What is truth (split from post poll)
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 09:47 AM
  2. I'm voting Republican . . .
    By anii in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 12:39 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 12:53 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 05:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO