User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Results 171 to 180 of 192

  1. #171
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    When does racism end and natural human definition begin?

    If all the people you meet from Daventry are rude to you then would you not be lead to the assumption that Daventry supports and promotes a rude population?

    If racism is to be defined as unreasonable assumption then who defines what is and what is not reasonable? How is such a line agreed upon?

    What worries me is not that racism exists but that it is so ingrained within people's minds that they group "blacks" and such together. If there is only one race then treat is as such. Yes it is a race of individuals with individual needs, there will be times when one lot of people want one thing and another group want something else but really, what the hell does where they come from have to do with it?

    It seems that great minds are being put to work upon this subject and finding little to perch upon. Could it be that great minds forget that what they are discussing is the movement of cattle and therefore not subject to high ideals, philosophy or political tactics?
    Colour blindness pretends there is no difference.
    Acceptance of diifference is the basis of understanding.

    The end of prejudice is to accept difference.
    It is not to pretend it does not exist.

  2. #172
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Colour blindness pretends there is no difference.
    Acceptance of diifference is the basis of understanding.
    What's wrong with accepting differences (or finding common ground) at the individual level, rather than the large group level? I am arguing for that, but no one seems to think about the issue in that regard.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  3. #173
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Colour blindness pretends there is no difference.
    Acceptance of diifference is the basis of understanding.

    The end of prejudice is to accept difference.
    It is not to pretend it does not exist.
    Is there any difference between me and a guy with sunburn... yes. Do I judge him because he has sunburn? Well aside from giving him sunburn cream probably not.

    Skin colour is a difference of appearance. A man is not his appearance, that is merely the exterior housing the man. I would not judge you on whether you lived in a red brick house or a wooden one, though I may comment on the differences. I would however judge on the content of that house.

    I would not treat anyone any different unless it became apparent that they require or prefered such. That allowance is made regardless of if they hail from across an ocean or a street.

    I'm sure you mean the same thing, I thought it would be best to illustrate the point fully to find out.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  4. #174
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Is there any difference between me and a guy with sunburn... yes. Do I judge him because he has sunburn? Well aside from giving him sunburn cream probably not.

    Skin colour is a difference of appearance. A man is not his appearance, that is merely the exterior housing the man. I would not judge you on whether you lived in a red brick house or a wooden one, though I may comment on the differences. I would however judge on the content of that house.

    I would not treat anyone any different unless it became apparent that they require or prefered such. That allowance is made regardless of if they hail from across an ocean or a street.

    I'm sure you mean the same thing, I thought it would be best to illustrate the point fully to find out.
    Well said. I accept everything you say. We have no difference.

    Whose picture is on your Avatar? Anybody I should know?
    I see you are an ENTP now. Well, that explains a lot of things.
    You were never hooked on the Ti loop, the way many people in the INTPc were.

    I saw that lastrailway had done some charts about the cognitive processes, memberwise.
    It explains a lot of things, too.

  5. #175
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    What's wrong with accepting differences (or finding common ground) at the individual level, rather than the large group level? I am arguing for that, but no one seems to think about the issue in that regard.
    You have to accept difference without finding the common ground.

    I am an Aspie. I am different. Most people fail to find common ground with me exactly for that reason. They should accept me none the less. Do they? Many of them do not.
    Therefore they are character assassinators. You are right there. It does equal racism.

    As Xander said, different skin colour does not make a person different.

  6. #176
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Well said. I accept everything you say. We have no difference.
    Thought not. As per we're arguing over the same stick, one claiming it's a branch and the otehr a twig
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Whose picture is on your Avatar? Anybody I should know?
    Jon Lydon aka Jonny Rotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I see you are an ENTP now. Well, that explains a lot of things.
    You were never hooked on the Ti loop, the way many people in the INTPc were.
    *shakes fist threateningly* ... not you too!!!

    INTP 4 Eva!!! See the sig.

    Damn doubters!!



    Nah I'm still the same type I've always been. Some seem to think it's wrong but I am correcting their definition
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I saw that lastrailway had done some charts about the cognitive processes, memberwise.
    It explains a lot of things, too.
    Haven't checked in on INTPc in yonks.... I'll go squirrel it up sometime.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  7. #177
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    You have to accept difference without finding the common ground.

    I am an Aspie. I am different. Most people fail to find common ground with me exactly for that reason. They should accept me none the less. Do they? Many of them do not.
    Therefore they are character assassinators. You are right there. It does equal racism.

    As Xander said, different skin colour does not make a person different.
    I am sure we have things in common. So do black people and white people.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  8. #178
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Wildcat, who are you different to btw?

    I find you to be a singular individual but no more so than any other who is so... colourful. I can think of many who are as singular but none are aspies (I must look that up at some point.... )
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  9. #179
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Thought not. As per we're arguing over the same stick, one claiming it's a branch and the otehr a twig

    Jon Lydon aka Jonny Rotten.

    *shakes fist threateningly* ... not you too!!!

    INTP 4 Eva!!! See the sig.

    Damn doubters!!



    Nah I'm still the same type I've always been. Some seem to think it's wrong but I am correcting their definition

    Haven't checked in on INTPc in yonks.... I'll go squirrel it up sometime.
    I do not doubt! I am with you all the way! This is what I meant. You were never hooked on the Ti loopey.. the ENTPs are never hooked on the Ti loopey!

    I am not et-tu-your-Brute! You are a new breed of a fellow-me-hero-lad!
    I knew it I knew it

  10. #180
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I am sure we have things in common. So do black people and white people.
    Your function order is Fe Si Se Fi Te Ni Ne Ti .. coincidentally, it is also my function order. I guess you are right in the common thingie.
    Only I read it from right to left. A minor accomodation.
    Cos I am a leftie. It is cosier that way

Similar Threads

  1. What is truth (split from post poll)
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 09:47 AM
  2. I'm voting Republican . . .
    By anii in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 12:39 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 12:53 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 05:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO