Here are some interesting facts about ISTJ personality types. If you'd like to find out if you're this type, you can take the genuine Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® online now by clicking on the image to the left. You can take different versions of the test, including the expanded Step II with the 20 subscales. Look at the sample reports before you decide.
· Among the four highest in college GPA.
· Overrepresented among bank officers and financial managers.
· One of the top 2 types among industrial/technical teachers.
· Higher on deductive reasoning than dominant Thinking or Feeling types, with other dominant Sensing types.
· Academic subjects preferred: math, practical skills.
· More frequent among African Americans.
· In national sample, highest of all types in liking work environments where "Everything is done by the book" and one of 3 highest types in liking "Toeing the line"; lowest of all types in liking work environments with "People of different backgrounds."
· In national sample, dissatisfied with "Promotions" in their jobs.
· Overrepresented among both male and female small business owners compared with national sample.
· With ISFJs, far outnumber dominant extraverted Sensing types among chronic pain patients.
· Overrepresented among men with chronic pain - accounted for 38% of sample studied.
· Overrepresented among men at risk for heart attack - more than 3.5 times the proportion in Myers' high school sample.
· One of two most overrepresented female types in a substance abuse program.