User Tag List

123 Last

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Default Male disposability

...and how it interacts with feminism is discussed by Girl Writes What?!

I remember my reaction when I came to the realization of just how spot on the internalizing of this is for me personally and how society expects it. Men don't complain, it's perceived as weakness, whining and reduces our social value. Which is very important when you understand how males form their identity via their utility and what they "do" vs. simply being, for society and women.

What do you think? Are you "aware" of your disposability? How did you become aware of this? Is it needed anymore? Why/why not?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Eh... on the one hand, I think she's got some valid points about how the current system impacts men/males. On the other hand, she's pretty anti-female... I think it's more of a balance... both men and women get impacted negatively by socially-forced gender roles. And to not acknowledge both sides is the error...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

(sorry I didn't read the last part of your post that this is for men only... you can ignore my response if you only wanted male members to reply)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    (sorry I didn't read the last part of your post that this is for men only... you can ignore my response if you only wanted male members to reply)
    Thanks for your input in either case x10 if you watched the whole video.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

...she's pretty anti-female...
    She self labels as an humanist who happens to be anti-feminist.

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Thanks for your input in either case x10 if you watched the whole video.
    She self labels as an humanist who happens to be anti-feminist.
    Ok phew... Ive seen ppl on here getting upset if people not from their target demographic responded... didn't wanna cause a ruckus.

Yeah I saw the whole thing, but yeah, she did seem to think women are pretty entitled, but I think it goes both ways. When I clicked initially I thought the "disposability" was gonna go a totally different direction, like if "men are no longer breadwinners and no longer protecting women, etc. then why do you even want us around?" sort of thing, which I guess she touches upon, but it was more about the actual physical disposability, which makes sense in a historical context - as she explains - but not so much now. And I would say a lot of feminists are arguing for that too, like with women in the army, etc.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Ok phew... Ive seen ppl on here getting upset if people not from their target demographic responded... didn't wanna cause a ruckus.
    Thanks for the consideration

Yeah I saw the whole thing, but yeah, she did seem to think women are pretty entitled, but I think it goes both ways. When I clicked initially I thought the "disposability" was gonna go a totally different direction, like if "men are no longer breadwinners and no longer protecting women, etc. then why do you even want us around?" sort of thing, which I guess she touches upon, but it was more about the actual physical disposability, which makes sense in a historical context - as she explains - but not so much now.
    Right, she addresses the historical aspect of Male Disposability. She brings up several good points, specifically that no one is really trying to change that and all you hear from the powers that be and feminists is crickets. Which is why I ask, is it needed anymore?

And I would say a lot of feminists are arguing for that too, like with women in the army, etc.
    Well they can argue for that but I'm pessimistic about that eventuality. Here have a read: Marines: Most Female Recruits Don't Meet New Pullup Standard http://www.npr.org/2013/12/27/257363...ullup-standard

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

n00b here. Your avatar (along with the name) led me to believe you were male.
    That, and Gandalf wearing shades makes him looks like a member of ZZ Top...

I think that GirlWritesWhat represents (possibly) the slowing of the pendulum, or possibly the first hint of it swinging back to the center.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    n00b here. Your avatar (along with the name) led me to believe you were male.
    That, and Gandalf wearing shades makes him looks like a member of ZZ Top...
    Yeah Gandalf is a dude, but I like his style...

specifically that no one is really trying to change that and all you hear from the powers that be and feminists is crickets. Which is why I ask, is it needed anymore?

Well they can argue for that but I'm pessimistic about that eventuality. Here have a read: Marines: Most Female Recruits Don't Meet New Pullup Standard http://www.npr.org/2013/12/27/257363...ullup-standard
    Well the military was only one example, but I can't think of any feminists I know that would say it's right for men to have to die before women...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    I think that GirlWritesWhat represents (possibly) the slowing of the pendulum, or possibly the first hint of it swinging back to the center.
    Agreed. The sad irony is that it takes a woman/women to advocate for Mens issues/rights. Here have a look at another woman who gets "it". Helen Smith, author of Men On Strike