User Tag List

First 1234 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Do you not understand something being quasi-legal?
    That's your word for something only being available to the rich?

I mean, getting back to the original question, your answer apparently does not apply to the wealthy. You think the wealth should be able to own rocket launchers then? That's what I get if I just try construct something out of the statements you've made here.

Which is an awfully weird answer to the question.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

@Beorn get ready for "spreading" as I've heard you call it.
    Heh.
    I have no idea what MP is trying to get at with this thread.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    That's your word for something only being available to the rich?

I mean, getting back to the original question, your answer apparently does not apply to the wealthy. You think the wealth should be able to own rocket launchers then? That's what I get if I just try construct something out of the statements you've made here.

Which is an awfully weird answer to the question.
    No that is the way you've construed my argument in that woe is me victim head of yours.

What I've told you several times and will repeat now is that I am comfortable with the current legal regime.

I did not write the law, if you have a problem take that up with those that did. Our government is usually pretty good at determining where the line should be drawn.

They came to the conclusion that no one wants to see a rack of RPG-7's in WalMart but at the same time didn't mind allowing dudes to blow up wrecked cars on their ranch.

It effectively limits the negative externalities of allowing such devices to be in the hands of the public generally while still allowing enthusiasts to enjoy themselves.

If you want to twist that into some rich vs poor bullshit that's your perogative. You seem incapable of seeing the world through any other lens, so I'll leave you to it.

Btw, i want to thank you MP for all the watch lists I'm going to get on thanks to the googling this thread prompted me to do.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Btw, i want to thank you MP for all the watch lists I'm going to get on thanks to the googling this thread prompted me to do.
    Your on fewer of them than I am!

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

No that is the way you've construed my argument in that woe is me victim head of yours.
    What does this have to do with victimization?

What I've told you several times and will repeat now is that I am comfortable with the current legal regime.

I did not write the law, if you have a problem take that up with those that did. Our government is usually pretty good at determining where the line should be drawn.
    Whether or not you wrote the law has no relevance to the opinion you post on a forum.

I do find that second part odd, though. I seemed to think the were a lot of current laws you'd change or remove.

They came to the conclusion that no one wants to see a rack of RPG-7's in WalMart but at the same time didn't mind allowing dudes to blow up wrecked cars on their ranch.

It effectively limits the negative externalities of allowing such devices to be in the hands of the public generally while still allowing enthusiasts to enjoy themselves.
    I can't read the minds of law makers, but somehow I doubt their thoughts have worked like that.

But while it's a expensive, it is not actually out of the question for a middle-class or perhaps even a lower-class individual. All elements totaled up, it's like getting a car. If for some reason you really wanted to get a shoulder missile and then fire it on a parade or intp a mall somewhere, you could. I don't see what difference it makes that it happens to be visible at a Walmart or not.

If you want to twist that into some rich vs poor bullshit that's your perogative. You seem incapable of seeing the world through any other lens, so I'll leave you to it.
    I feel so trite saying this, but I think you are projecting. You're saying something about me playing the victim, but you are being really defensive and actually moving the direction of this topic more than me. You seem to be preempting the unsaid, and acting upset about some sort of alleged accusation.

I really didn't expect class to come up in a topic about owning rocket launchers. I think your response was pretty out of left field. Keep in mind that you are the one that brought this whole dimension into the discussion, and you are the one that asserted that letting only rich people do something is sufficiently quasi-illegal. This whole class thing is all yours.

I still don't see how it's entirely coherent with your first post, though.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

^ Spreading!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Heh.
    I have no idea what MP is trying to get at with this thread.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

What I've learned in this thread is that if you think the consequences of law should apply equally to the rich and the poor, you're a whiny victim. When it comes to rocket launchers it's not really a big deal, but when it comes to legal defense, it's a huge deal. Unfortunately for me, pointing this out is just demonstrating what a whiny victim I really am.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Couch
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I think the federal government just found the least onerous means of accomplishing their objectives. But what do I know. It's not like I'm into politics or legislation or law or any of that stuff.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

The federal government has failed to make a compelling case for limiting access to weapons like rocket launchers. Where are the instances of people mishandling rocket launchers? Maybe I'm ignorant on this issue, but I haven't heard of any. There are far more accidental gun deaths than rocket launcher deaths (are there any rocket launcher deaths?), yet it's rocket launchers that are "quasi-legal", not guns. This is just another form of prohibition.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."