User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    It sounds like this fellow is in gun fights quite often. I wonder why that would be?

Why does anyone need an assault rifle?

One might as well ask why anyone needs a sailboat, or a home theater setup, or even makeup and jewelry. Life is enriched by having more than the bare necessities, more than those things we strictly need, whether the value is aesthetic, artistic, athletic, intellectual, etc.

I'm into guns in the same way, but feel much less comfortable discussing that passion on Typo-c because if I did, I would be asked to justify why I own a gun (which I don't need to by the way, you have to justify taking it away from me) every other post.
    I agree with you 100% on this. The rights of individuals in all cases should be as unlimited as possible. Anyone wanting to limit those rights has the burden of proof to show the need or benefit.

In a world where the government can't guarantee my safety, it's my right as a human being to be able to defend myself on equal footing to any threat that might present itself.
    If the government could ensure our safety completely, we would have other problems. We will and should always bear some of this responsibility ourselves.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    It sounds like this fellow is in gun fights quite often. I wonder why that would be?
    He's never had to fire. I'm not sure if he's ever brandished.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

I'm not asking for you or anyone to like my decision to own (or even carry) guns, just that you don't judge me as person because of how guns make you feel.
    The person who made the video in that you put in the OP also made a video on this subject, titled: If You Carry A GUN You Won't Be Liked He also discusses the mere "liking" of guns as well.

In this video he also addresses the prior point I made. It is on the persons wanting to restrict your rights that have the burden of proving why.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    If the government could ensure our safety completely, we would have other problems. We will and should always bear some of this responsibility ourselves.
    Agreed and the responsibility should be correlated to the amount of threat. If you live in a city you have more of a threat to your well being. However rural people have to also factor in, to their intrinsic low threat levels, that the ability of help to arrive and render assistance is made more difficult by the fact that you live 3 miles from your neighbors off a gravel road out in the middle of BFE. Having grown up in these conditions myself I value self sufficiency (plus I'm male) in being able to protect myself and my interests.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    The person who made the video in that you put in the OP also made a video on this subject, titled: If You Carry A GUN You Won't Be Liked He also discusses the mere "liking" of guns as well.

In this video he also addresses the prior point I made. It is on the persons wanting to restrict your rights that have the burden of proving why.
    Yep I actually posted that one on the 4th page. I think it does an excellent job of highlighting that gunners aren't looking for your approval, just a modicum of respect.

It kind of goes back to the whole argument of having someone elses world view pushed on you for your own good.

I'm not asking for you or anyone to like my decision to own (or even carry) guns, just that you don't judge me as person because of how guns make you feel.
    It's your life, and your choice. Knock yourself out.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    It's your life, and your choice. Knock yourself out.
    Yay! Live and let live

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Yay! Live and let live
    My signature has something to do with that.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    My signature has something to do with that.
    As long as there are live and let live types to counter might makes right types, any "new" might makes right, evolved from live and let live will then cause to be spawned "newer" live and let lives.

I liken your sig to sayings like: absolute power corrupts absolutely and political concepts like authoritarianism vs. libertarianism