User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

WALMART

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Oh please, I live in the Capital of Continent.

Our economy has been growing non stop for 24 years. We have never had to bail out our banks and our financial institutions.

We are the sixth oldest democracy which, quite unlike you, has a Government and a Loyal Opposition.

We are the heirs of the Scottish and English Enlightenment.

And interestingly our manners and mores were shaped by 100 years of the peace from the British Aristocratic Ascendancy.

We helped write the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

We have founded and are part of many vital international bodies.

We have a seat on the United Nations Security Council.

So naturally we have a lot to say.
    If I have a question about crocodiles or brushfires I will consult you. Till then, sit down at the little table and decorate it how you like.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Gotta love those cute personal messages you give me when you get embarassed Mole.

Here is a contribution

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Look mate, just between you and me, you keep shooting yourself in the foot with your assault rifle.
    We don't tell you (nor assume to know) what works best for your people and your country.

That's up to you mate.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Oh i know, and I wouldn't. I...have a hard time in relating as a Euro and my post was mostly a joke, but there is a serious element to it. As I stated in my previous post...it would seem to me that fewer lethal mistakes yet equal protection would be provided in this way. Or am I wrong here?

I think it's very much cultural. We were founded on revolution at an "everyman" level. That was long ago but that mentality is etched in our symbolism as a nation. You just can't say what works for Europe works for America.

I'm not calling you out specifically. I just see these sort of comments from Europe/British/Australians, etc.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    We don't tell you (nor assume to know) what works best for your people and your country.

That's up to you mate.
    C'mon, you are constantly telling us what to do. You are telling us what to do culturally. You are telling us what to do legally. You are telling us what to do financially. It's amazing we have been able to resist you, grow stronger, and maintain our own identity.

But what you do to us, we do to you.

Sadly you have the illusion guns will protect you. But just look around you here - guns can't protect you on Typology Cenral, even threats can't protect you on Typology Central.

And look where it has got you - you are impotently threatening a friend and ally.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

A foreign country invading US by land is an extremely unlikely scenario (which could change within a couple of decades though).

Terrorism is a real threat, but it's not like you'd be allowed to enter with a gun in places where the threat is 'significant' (e.g. planes, stadiums). It's a catch 22.

It's probably effective to intimidade robbers, but that's pretty nuanced. They usually just want your goods, and putting resistance to that increases the odds that you'd end up dying in the process. In movies, if the thug has a pistol, and you show him an assault rifle, he surrenders. In real life, he shoots you first.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I think it's very much cultural. We were founded on revolution at an "everyman" level. That was long ago but that mentality is etched in our symbolism as a nation.
    Your revolution was a bourgeois revolution. And ever since you have done everything you can to stop a proletarian revolution.

Everyman Revolution is propaganda taught to American school children.

The American bourgeoisie have controlled America ever since the revolution, and have expended blood and treasure to make sure there is no proletarian revolution, to make sure there there is no everyman revolution.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I agree with the persons rationale of equal utility/lethality.

I disagree with how this question is framed. When you are discussing "rights" that are in the constitution (as defined by the courts) the onus is on the person who wants to restrict or limit that right to prove why. It is not on the person with the right to have to explain why and how they choose to express it within the law.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    I agree with the persons rationale of equal utility/lethality.

I disagree with how this question is framed. When you are discussing "rights" that are in the constitution (as defined by the courts) the onus is on the person who wants to restrict or limit that right to prove why. It is not on the person with the right to have to explain why and how they choose to express it within the law.
    He's a lawyer when he's not making youtube videos.