User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Permabanned

The way I see it just let every person who is pro gun shoot themselves so the smarter people without guns take over. As much as I'd like to see the 1% psychopathic gun totting killer get a bullet in his head. The bottom line is guns promote fear, and fear promotes guns so where does it end?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The error doesn't make you wrong it just makes you look stupid. The fact that you just happened to misspell the Dunning-Kruger effect made it that much better.

The fact that I know more about Football and Guns (not to mention America's cultural disposition) than you makes you wrong.

EDIT - in other news, I've got a networking event at a local gun range next week!

Super excited to go, just hope I shoot well.
    But instead, you have a change of heart, and indeed a change of mind, and take your gun and go and visit your psychotherapist to discover the roots of your paranoia.

Not only would you be doing your psyche an inestimable service, but you would be performing a public service for your country.

1. To feel powerful from an external source, rather than an internal source
    1.1. To intimidate

2. To know with confidence and certainty that one has the potential to kill
    2.1 To kill

3. To counteract the culturalization of paranoia, through the illusion of control
    3.1 To manifest that control through the anthropomorphization of an object.

Anthem:
    http://youtu.be/AO43p2Wqc08

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I don't understand it either. Unless you plan to take on a whole SWAT team

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JustAMind View Post
    I don't understand it either. Unless you plan to take on a whole SWAT team
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer "Smith"
    I'm going to say something here that is going to raise some hackles. Then I'm going to explain my statements and, hopefully, make everyone buy it. Here we go. Ready?

Buy a gun. Get a bat. Own some weapon and have enough skill to use it to save your own life and the lives of your family members. DO NOT RELY ON THE POLICE TO SAVE YOUR LIFE FOR YOU.

Wait. What's this? What heresy are you speaking of? Officer Smith, are you really telling me not to rely on the police to protect me? What about that "Protect and Serve" horse shit plastered all over the sides of their patrol cars? Aren't they SUPPOSED to protect me?

Now, let me explain.
    http://officersmith.blogspot.com/201...lp-police.html
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Was just pointing out a pistol or shotgun will do the job, you don't need assault rifles, rocket launchers or grenades.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Was just pointing out a pistol or shotgun will do the job, you don't need assault rifles, rocket launchers or grenades.
    If three guys with AK's are breaking into my home, I don't want a glock. I want an AK.

You have no idea what I need, just what you happen to be comfortable with me having.

If its between what makes you feel better, and what allows me to adequately defend myself, I know what I'm going to pick.

If you don't like guns fine. You can have absolutely nothing to do with them if you wish.

But please, stop trying to trying to tell gun owners what they need.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    If three guys with AK's are breaking into my home, I don't want a glock. I want an AK.
    Or maybe a machine gun to equal the chances? But what if three guys with machine guns are breaking into your house? What would you need then? Flamethrowers and autoturrets?
    Go ahead and booby trap the place, just in case. Whole point is that if you gonna have AK odds increase that a burglar will have it too. I don't mind people having guns, but somewhere a line should
    be drawn, assault rifles happen to be that place for me.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Whole point is that if you gonna have AK odds increase that a burglar will have it too. I don't mind people having guns, but somewhere a line should
    be drawn, assault rifles happen to be that place for me.
    How does my ownership (specifically) of a Bushmaster Patrolman carbine make it more likely that a given burglar will have a semi auto rifle?

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

If it's legal to have it's easier to come by.

My perspective may be wrong, because USA has a very specific gun culture compared to the most of west world I believe. Perhaps restricting access to guns won't fix your gun related problems. In my country there's a restricted access to guns and i think it's for the better. Burglars rarely carry guns, you almost never hear of burglaries that end up in shootings. To be honest I would not trade places with you(having easy access to guns), I'd much rather keep it the way it is here. Few people have guns, few people to worry about. This makes an ownership of a gun a marginal concern.