User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 204

  1. #91
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    This thread is turning into a celebration of the means of killing.

    I find this morally abhorrent and deeply offensive.

    So I wonder why it is on our site called Typology Central.

    It is plainly not here to discuss the psychology of the means of killing. It is here to excite those with the pornography of guns.

    Is this a suitable thread for Typology Central?
    Psychology has been used as a means to kill; I think the sight of firearms just rustles your jimmies. Let's explore the psychology of why.

  2. #92
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Psychology has been used as a means to kill; I think the sight of firearms just rustles your jimmies. Let's explore the psychology of why.
    Because civilized countries don't allow guns into private hands.

    My country has banned guns in 1996 and it works.

    On the other hand the National Rifle Association of the USA relentlessly makes propaganda for killing machines.

    Why do you think your propaganda is suitable for Typology Central?

  3. #93
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    How can we stop the pornography of guns on Typology Central?

    How can we stop the propaganda of the National Rifle Association on Typology Central?
    Ignore it. Why waste your energy on someone or something who's opinion clearly isn't going to change? I don't agree with a huge amount that is in this thread but I am not going to be able to form a coherent argument that would sway anyone. Ultimately it's not going to benefit or change anything. To try and do so only wastes energy. In person? Yeah I'll open my mouth if I know I can shut down their argument. Online? Not worth it.

    The next best thing is to talk about things YOU know you can back up, support, or get someone else thinking. Just choose your battles with those you know you might be able to make headway with.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  4. #94
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post

    Why do you think your propaganda is suitable for Typology Central?
    I enjoy freedom of expression, especially when it is educational and not gratuitous. I'm also not so liberal that it makes me a prude.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Ignore it. Why waste your energy on someone or something who's opinion clearly isn't going to change? I don't agree with a huge amount that is in this thread but I am not going to be able to form a coherent argument that would sway anyone. Ultimately it's not going to benefit or change anything. To try and do so only wastes energy. In person? Yeah I'll open my mouth if I know I can shut down their argument. Online? Not worth it.

    The next best thing is to talk about things YOU know you can back up, support, or get someone else thinking. Just choose your battles with those you know you might be able to make headway with.
    The guy has over 13 thousand posts. You can't tell an autistic kid to break his routine.

  6. #96
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Sexual pornography is banned on Typology Central, and gun pornography should also be banned on Typology Central.

    Sexual pornography is merely the graphic depiction of the brothel, while gun pornography incites the use of killing machines.

    Gun pornography is morally worse than sexual pornography.

    But pornography is pornography and we can feel the barely repressed excitement.

  7. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default


  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    85

    Default

    What, like this?



  9. #99
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Just got done cleaning my collection (or at least most of it).

    My AR was dirty as shit!!!! Glad I had my wire brush and some Hoppes 9 solvent.

  10. #100
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawbawbowba View Post
    What, like this?


    It says an awful lot about us that we ban sexual pornography, but we don't ban the pornography of violence, and we don't ban the pornography of guns.

Similar Threads

  1. Why am I an ISTJ?
    By swordpath in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 10:34 PM
  2. Need an idea for my site!
    By Fluffywolf in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 12:00 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 03:00 AM
  4. Need an Admin's help!
    By maliafee in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 07:55 PM
  5. anyone have an old walkman they'd part with?
    By file cabinet in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 09:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO