First 3111213

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by entpersonal View Post
    1) Abortion is murder, yet I'm pro-choice.
    Me and my boyfriend don't discuss this topic because it's too personal for him and I'm too staunch on my beliefs to change. He's anti-abortion, for the record.

I have an ethical reason for this. It's easy for us to say that a mother shouldn't do one cruel act that we consider immoral. But we just shrug off the years of abuse and neglect that result from a mother not loving her child because they aren't as fantastically immoral or noticeable.

For example:

A woman gets pregnant because she was careless, but has no desire to have a baby. She's prevented from getting the abortion, and the baby is born.

For eighteen years, that baby is treated by the mother like a zit she couldn't get rid of. If it isn't subjected to physical and emotional abuse, it certainly isn't given love or support. It grows up lacking any bond with the parents, and suffers for years because of that. It has behavioral problems, emotional development problems, and resorts to either extreme acts in order to get attention or implodes completely and shuts itself off.

I'm sure we could find an example of someone defying those odds and finding happiness in life. That does shit all for the countless number of children who don't defy the odds and either commit suicide, end up in prison, end up addicted to drugs, end up uneducated, etc. before it manages to build its own support structure.

If a mother is callous enough to want to kill her baby, I'd rather she do it while it's unconscious than it have to live with a woman like that for a lifetime of conscious awareness that it isn't loved or wanted. She shouldn't be stopped because we care about the baby while it's cute. I've yet to see a single case of us caring about the baby after it's born and us providing the happy life we supposedly kept it from being denied. We don't care enough about it to give it the eighteen years it deserves, we only care about it for eight months. That's not a valid reason to subject a child to a living hell.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist
    Likes Amargith liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    If a mother is callous enough to want to kill her baby, I'd rather she do it while it's unconscious than it have to live with a woman like that for a lifetime of conscious awareness that it isn't loved or wanted. She shouldn't be stopped because we care about the baby while it's cute. I've yet to see a single case of us caring about the baby after it's born and us providing the happy life we supposedly kept it from being denied. We don't care enough about it to give it the eighteen years it deserves, we only care about it for eight months. That's not a valid reason to subject a child to a living hell.
    Whatever one's personal opinion on abortion, the highlighted reflects the fundamental hypocrisy of many who oppose abortion. They neither help provide for these children, who after all are entirely blameless, nor give their parents the means to prevent their conception to begin with. That is the best way to reduce abortion.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes tkae., Hard, Ivy liked this post