User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qrious View Post
    Your last statement may imply the conflation of individual rights and the common good, which can be in conflict. How do you resolve your pro-choice stance in those instances (here, speaking to the individual's freedom of choice)?
    The greater good is primarily an individual good.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Likes Amargith liked this post

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Pro choice.

I think it should be my decision to put my body through the wringer and sacrifice a year of my life - or more - instead of having that decision forced upon me by people who don't know me, don't know what it is like to be in that situation and have no intention of personally helping me cope with that situation. As for 'inconvenience', giving birth is similar to going through invasive internal surgery and the recovery that follows. It disrupts your entire life and changes you forever - not that abortion doesn't leave its marks. Either way, an unwanted pregnancy is a shitty situation to be in.

The only other one who gets a say is the father, in my case. The list ends there.

I'm given the responsibility of dealing with this due to being a sexually mature female, I'd like the authority that goes with that, please.

In my case, I'm unlikely to ever exercise the right of pro choice - or so I'd like to believe - but it sure as hell is nice to know that it *is* in fact my choice, my body AND my fetus.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Abortion is murder, therefore it is wrong unless the woman was raped.
    If you don't want a baby, then have sex with condoms.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by 1010830 View Post
    Abortion is murder, therefore it is wrong unless the woman was raped.
    If you don't want a baby, then have sex with condoms.
    If abortion is murder, why would would it matter how it came about?

If you don't want a baby, don't leave birth control in the hands of the one person who can't get pregnant. Condoms are a nice back up/STD prevention. Of course, reading most of your posts leaves me with the opinion that you are not the most rational person and I anticipate a reply full of self-righteousness vitriol.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Hard liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    If abortion is murder, why would would it matter how it came about?
    Because there are different kinds of murder. i could kill you in legitimate defense, i could kill you because i'm a soldier fighting in a war, i could kill you just for fun, just because i'm a psycho. Therefore, it matters how it came about.

If you don't want a baby, don't leave birth control in the hands of the one person who can't get pregnant.
    Consider the following:
    1) There are condoms for women
    2) You can easily tell if the person you're about to have sex with is wearing a condom or not

That being said, your counter arguments have been refuted, therefore my original statement remains valid: unjustified abortion is murder and therefore is wrong.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Because there are different kinds of murder. i could kill you in legitimate defense, i could kill you because i'm a soldier fighting in a war, i could kill you just for fun, just because i'm a psycho. Therefore, it matters how it came about.

Consider the following:
    1) There are condoms for women
    2) You can easily tell if the person you're about to have sex with is wearing a condom or not

That being said, your counter arguments have been refuted, therefore my original statement remains valid: unjustified abortion is murder and therefore is wrong.
    No one cares what you think.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Hard liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

No one cares what you think.
    I thought you were saying something about me being illogical?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I thought you were saying something about me being illogical?
    You have been going around since you got here, acting immensely egotistical, implying that you are better than everyone else, have always been ahead of the curve from a very early age, and have offered up absolutely nothing to back up these assertions. It appears incredibly narcissistic and egotistical. Additionally, your moral and political beliefs run counter to the vast majorty of the forum population, and further you have done very little to back up or support these assertions as well.

Mix in the fact that this is the bulk of what you have been doing since you showed up, then yes, no one is going to give a damn about what you think.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes geedoenfj liked this post

2 for me, because I don't think life forming = life formed, but regardless, taking away choice will end up hurting people to a greater extent so regardless of the argument on when life begins, choice is necessary unless we want vulnerable to be forced to make drastic decisions. A grown womans's life and life choices should hold more value than an unborn fetus anyway, and people that feel so strongly against abortion should be free to try to persuade women otherwise, but let the person who'll ultimately carry or not carry the pregnancy to term make that choice and live with the consequences.