User Tag List

Thread: Medias

Default Medias

I guess you heard about what's happening on Ukraine...Protests, violent police, crazy legislation against freedom of the press. I just read one article about it in a newspapers I used to like. I am just very disappointed how the newspapers view the problem just from one angle. From an angle of a protesters as a victims. Yes they are victims, but they just as a police strated using violence to enforce their ideals. No criticism on this one in news, not even a mention, that this might not be the best approach, only a criticism of a goverment. Yes probably the govermant of Ukraine is pretty corrupted, but why we should turn a violent protest, that reaches the point when the city is destroyed and people are dying as heroic fight for human rights? Medias just present it this way and it's not the only protest in the world which is crealy violent and against all human rights and is still presented as a heroic act of democracy in western word. It's clearly that medias serve us the soup that propaganda cooked. It's hard to say how much I am disappointed by an unobjectivity of medias. It's hard to say where a person this age can read an objective and real news without bullshits and mindfucks about illuminates, which is again just a subjective opinion of some...so really? Does objectivity exist in medias, or is it lost and we'll grow fat on these half truths?

Riva

So you are from Ukraine.

Anyway I coming from a nation plagued with civil war has had my experience with biased double standard media propaganda to be affected or be concerned about them anymore.

However I do fantasize killing some bias media reporters from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    So you are from Ukraine.

Anyway I coming from a nation plagued with civil war has had my experience with biased double standard media propaganda to be affected or be concerned about them anymore.

However I do fantasize killing some bias media reporters from time to time.
    what no, I am not from Ukraine...

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    what no, I am not from Ukraine...
    Dammit.

Well fuck Ukraine, its police brutality and its corrupt government I was going to say but stopped because I thought you were from there.

Dammit.

Well fuck Ukraine, its police brutality and its corrupt government I was going to say but stopped because I thought you were from there.
    Yes it is...but here comes the subjective propaganda...not only government is corrupt but the demonstrators who resorted to violence are corrupted and there is nothing that would give a right to western medias present a violence as an act of democracy, because it's against everything that democracy is built on. I am not talking just about Ukraine, it's Syria, it's Egypt, Turkey...violence is just a source of another violence. Not only police is corrupted, only we are told it is. It's amazing that people fight for their rights, but you can't democraticly fight for your right while you tread the rights of others. Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity...

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

First of all, violence eventually becomes the only answer for some nations wanting or even deserving of significant changes. However this is US/EU vs Russian network propaganda war, it's what long term stalemate situations breed. There isn't a winning side in Ukraine. If you want an oversimplified analogy, just imagine Obama and Putin playing chess and Obama is shaking the table because he keeps losing the realpolitik battles.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I won't comment on Ukraine, just the last question.

I do not think objective reporting really exists. It is better to assume that everything you see is propaganda from someone's standpoint and seek a large and diverse collection of reports on a topic to work out the truth from its aggregation.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Media is the plural of medium.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

The Media/News is a whole bunch of Fairy Tales the only way to get an objective source is bullet points but that won't ever catch peoples attention so it can't truly exist in the mainstream. The Revolution in Ukraine is the best thing that could have happened in Ukraine. Change was in most peoples minds and the only way to get rid of the old and to bring in the new optimistic future is through hardships and destroying the old systems.

In all honesty I would rather get raped by Wario then care for what the news has to say, unless it's Satire

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Dammit.

I agree with you Ukraine does fucking suck and I'm Ukrainian