User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    No argument from me on that. But it is where some people want to connect the birth control pill with actual abortion.
    I guess it all depends on your definition of abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    It is just election time hype, part of the show for the good cop/bad cop thing.
    I'm getting sick of this election already, and I live on the other side of the planet. Hurry up and vote already ffs.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I'm getting sick of this election already, and I live on the other side of the planet. Hurry up and vote already ffs.
    At least you don't have to put up with the television campaign ads that are forthcoming here.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I just don't watch TV.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It contests the moral argument behind it. Most people who speak of what's wrong with birth control talk about the horrors of "destroying a life", but these people obviously don't care when small animals, die do they? In fact, a lot of people on the "pro-life" side of things are on the excact opposite side of the animal rights debate. It's hypocritical and inconsistent. These people are even against genetic research most of the time. How it is that a zygote has a right to life, but cows can be run through slaughter-house en masse, is beyond me.
    Did you forget the part of the Bible where it says: And God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth." ?

Did I mention that a lot them favor the death penalty? They heavily undermine their own argument with these other stances of theirs.
    Unborn children are considered to be 'innocent'. Those given the death penalty are not considered to be 'innocent'.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP

Soon abstinence will become illegal as well.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Found an article making its way around the news sites-

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/15/wa...us&oref=slogin

Anyone else disturbed by this?
    When I read this, I have to think about George Carlin's rant about the fact that people who are against birth control and abortion often do not want to help mothers who then have to deal with children when they are still children themselves....

Seems a little too inconsistent for my taste....

Besides, the issue of contraception - if it is referring to condoms - is not only a moral issue; it is a health issue. People who use condoms are much, much less likely to get STDs.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    HAHAHAHA...way to go, chick!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    HAHAHAHA...way to go, chick!!!
    Ya, that's freaking righteous CaptainChick comes through again!
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INFP

I don't value discriminatory hiring practices based on a given candidate's religious affiliation or moral belief.

That said, I don't value the government telling business owners who they can and cannot hire, either explicitly or implicitly.

I do think the definition of abortion as given in the article is quite broad. That said, I can understand the stated perspective, both morally and scientifically.

I fully support people being able to make their own choices as it concerns their own body and well-being. I do not value nor support when people not involved or responsible for the choice are made to pay for it via taxation.

I value natural family planning.

cheers,
    Ian