MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Present-day Hatred in Australia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violenc...ia_controversy
    "During 2009, the media of Australia, mostly in Melbourne, and India publicised reports of crimes and robberies against Indians in Australia that were described as racially motivated crimes. A subsequent Indian Government investigation concluded that out of 152 reported assaults against Indian students in Australia that year, 23 such incidents involved "racial overtones".[1] There were 120,913 Indian students enrolled to undertake an Australian qualification in 2009 and India was the second top-source country for Australia’s international education industry.[2]

Rallies were organised in Melbourne and Sydney, and intense media coverage of the perceived hate crimes commenced in India, which were mostly critical of Australia and Victoria Police. The Australian government initially called for calm as it began an investigation into the crimes. In June 2009, the Victoria Police Chief Commissioner, Simon Overland, stated that some of the crimes were racist in nature, and others were opportunistic.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=New%20Zealand
    "New Zealand -
    A crappy country where people are either idiotic risk takers like bungee jumpers or country hicks (most of the population), animals ruining scenery or causing roadblocks, nothing to praise but scenery, much of which is boring & repetitive, constant rain, constant freak weather nowadays, little American influence, everyone's so British even though it's not a British country anymore and hasn't been for a long time, everyone and everything seems strange down there, everything's expensive, not much to do, etc. Australia's a lot better

"Dude I'm going to New Zealand"
    "Have you lost your mind?""
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226786364745

"A lawyer for an Indian driver who fled Australia after a fatal car accident says his client would not get a fair trial if extradited because of hatred towards Indian students.

Anil Mittal, lawyer for Puneet Puneet, told a New Delhi court he opposed his client's extradition to Melbourne to face trial because of the "hatred towards Indian students in Australia".

Mr Mittal cited hate messages on Australian social media sites against Puneet as evidence that his life would be threatened if he returned and that he would not receive a fair trial.

Several attacks on Indian students in Australia in 2011 outraged India and led to accusations of racism against migrants, sparking a diplomatic row between the two countries."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Anti-semitism is part of the Australian psyche.

http://www.jpost.com/Jewish-World/Je...stralia-333060

SYDNEY, Australia – Anti-Semitic incidents in Australia rose 21 percent in the last year and are the second highest on record, according to an annual report.

The Executive Council of Australian Jewry’s annual “Report on Anti-Semitism in Australia” – tabled at Sunday’s annual general meeting in Melbourne – revealed 657 reports of racist violence against Jewish Australians and Jewish community buildings between Oct. 1, 2012 and Sept. 30, 2013.
    Related:

KKL-JNF to convene emergency gathering after anti-Semitic Australia attack

Serious physical attacks were at the lowest since 2005, however, with fewer than 20.

“In general, it can be said that Australians neither particularly like nor dislike Jews,” wrote the authors, Julie Nathan, the Executive Council of Australian Jewry’s research officer, and Jeremy Jones, director of international and community affairs at the Australia/Israel & Jewish Affairs Council.

“Although stereotypes of Jews remain part of the culture in Australia, these are not as deeply ingrained or hateful as in European and Middle Eastern cultures,” according to the authors. “Anti-Semitism remains at the fringes of Australian politics and society, and though there are exceptions, anti-Semitism is not generally part of the mainstream discourse.”

The 202-page report does not include the recent brutal assault of five religious Jews walking home from Shabbat dinner in Bondi last month, described as the worst anti-Semitic incident of its kind since records began in 1989.

~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Muslims.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Muslims.
    Yes. Of course I heard that Australian Muslims were taking over the beaches, or at least some beaches, by setting their own religious dress standards.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2008/s2378449.htm
    "MARK COLVIN: New research suggests that one in 10 Australians is a racial supremacist.

The research by the University of Western Sydney concludes that racism is still a problem in Australia.

New South Wales, where 47 per cent say some ethnic groups do not belong, registered as the most racist state.

Nicola Fell reports.

NICOLA FELL: More than one in five Australians were born overseas and almost a third of people in the biggest city, Sydney, entered the country after birth. And yet, or perhaps for this reason, new research by Professor Kevin Dunn from the University of Western Sydney finds racism is still a problem."

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

How long until Mole gets here?

Mal, you do realise that NZ and Australia are two different countries, right? Or are you just generally having a go at the antipodes?
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...s-8153064.html
    "Here in Australia we like to give the impression we are the Lucky Country. We have the beaches, the weather, the laid-back attitude – all of which has attracted countless Brits to these shores. It is however, a carefully cultivated image – we like to project that we are immune from all the bad stuff that’s taking place in the rest of the world. We aren’t of course, we just don’t want you to know that. So when something like the riots that occurred in Sydney last weekend take place, Australians are a bit taken aback, to put it mildly.

It’s OK for us to view the angry mobs burning flags and effigies in a foreign country, far, far away. But when they do it in our own backyard, our heckles get raised. It’s no secret that Australia has an uneasy relationship with multiculturalism. This is a country that had the White Australia policy little more than 40 years ago. It’s a country that receives only 2.5% of global asylum claims but is spending $1.4 billion to ensure these asylum-seekers are processed off shore. It’s a country where 1 in 10 are considered racial supremacists."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    How long until Mole gets here?

Mal, you do realise that NZ and Australia are two different countries, right? Or are you just generally having a go at the antipodes?
    I don't know what you're talking about. I've chatted online with Kiwis and Aussies. Are you saying I am dumb?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Oh, I see, Americans don't know world geography.

Stereotype.